SmileyArg

Binoculars need to be implemented

I know the Dayz Team is working in fixing bugs and takes a time to add more stuff to the game, but for what I been searching on forums, people in general don't care about this item that in my opinion is important. They should be implemented soon, what you guys think?

• Like 13

Was thinking about it the other day. Yes, PLEASE!

Why binocullars specific?

They don't fullfill any basic survivor need.

We need,temperature,cutting wood,animals,sickness system etc first in my opinion.

I would love to see them,but there are more important things on the to do list.

• Like 1

You can already zoom in as if you had binoculars, any more would be broken imo so I am against the idea unless we become unable to zoom without a pair. If that were the case I would back this idea 100% since it would give the ability to have a sniper and a spotter.

The zoom isn't an unrealistic magical feature as it seems to be. As said by one of the mods before(forgot which one) your eyes have a much better "resolution" than your monitor does, allowing you to see much further than you could in DayZ. The zoom is added to compensate for this fact. Don't imagine zooming as a magical advantage, but imagine not being zoomed in as a crippling disadvantage.

As for the actual topic of this post, I 100% support adding binoculars. Binoculars are one of the core things to the game that I expected to already be in the game when it was released for alpha testing, but since I don't own the game yet this is my first time hearing that binoculars have not been added.

Dean give binoc pls

• Like 3

Don't think of it as a zoom, think of it as a representation of your visual acuity. Your vision is a smidge over 180 degrees, but you can still see a lot of detail at the bit you're looking at, even if it's in the distance. Given the limitations of how games display the world to you, having a 'zoom' is the best compromise that gives a reasonable FOV (without making everything look like you're looking through the bottom of a jamjar) whilst still being able to see reasonable levels of detail on distant objects.

Bino's should be included and be of a similar power to the long range scope. Maybe a bit more.

Its still a camera zoom that is more than enough to see distances. I can easily see players approximately 800 meters away if I have slightly higher ground with the current featured zoom. I am against the idea of binoculars unless we lose or severely hinder our current ability to zoom.

hold right click

magical binoculars

Double-press "+ "on your keypad and it will stay zoomed without you having to hold your breath.   :thumbsup: 

Why binocullars specific?

They don't fullfill any basic survivor need.

We need,temperature,cutting wood,animals,sickness system etc first in my opinion.

I would love to see them,but there are more important things on the to do list.

I think you're diminishing the importance of being able to see far away things better than what your eyes can, especially in an open area such as Chernarus.  Sure things such as a compass, map, and hatchet do more for your general survival, but in the DayZ setting, those who see things first win the day typically.  It's actually the only reason I carry a mosin with a LRS, simply to be used as binos.  I don't even carry ammo for the thing.

Anyways, I'm more than certain binos are on the docket, which is why it maybe hasn't been discusses very much, since it's a sure thing.  Just wish it would come sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Its still a camera zoom that is more than enough to see distances. I can easily see players approximately 800 meters away if I have slightly higher ground with the current featured zoom. I am against the idea of binoculars unless we lose or severely hinder our current ability to zoom.

Seeing a person 800m out is not hard in real life, if they are in the open, and especially if they are moving.

The built-in zoom is only 3x, while a pair of outdoor binos is going to be somewhere between 6x and 12x.

Seeing a person 800m out is not hard in real life, if they are in the open, and especially if they are moving.

The built-in zoom is only 3x, while a pair of outdoor binos is going to be somewhere between 6x and 12x.

This.

Without the zoom it would be difficult to see someone much past 200m or so which is NOT how your eyes work. As I posted above, the 'zoom' simply makes up for the lack of visual acuity that is inherent in first person games.

Rocket said about a week ago that they have the binoculars model ready but they haven't configured it yet.

would be much cooler and I would be happy as hell if they made scopes usable in hands.  Pull out your scope and have a look around without having to pull out your weapon.  Most hunters I know might own binocs, but still they(and I) perfer this method when scouting for spots to set up at.  A small low power scope or monocular is less cumbersome to carry around.

The mechanics for binoculars are already in the game (scopes) so it should be easy to stick something in for this. Hell, can I just duct tape the two LRS I have in my backpack together? :)

• Like 1