Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

I hope to eventually see... 

1. Zombies now recognize buildings and do not have noclip abilities.  

2. Zombies will claw at closed doors and eventually bust them open.

You will see this in time.

Patience my friend because if its not fixed by beta i will be screwing and i am guessing you will too.

You will see this in time.

Patience my friend because if its not fixed by beta i will be screwing and i am guessing you will too.

Lol, I'm not sure if I will be 'screwing' exactly, but I have faith that it will be fixed before beta.

• Like 2

The new update

Created for the community, please don't start giving hate, I know some of you may not like this update or people that make videos about DayZ updates.This is for people who want to hear any details they don't know about. Enjoy the update guys :)

Getting wet ;)

• Like 1

Just curious, was there no patch pushed out with the weekly maintenance last night?  Just making sure, as my SA client version has not changed.  

Looks that way ATM. Stable is back up with the same version number. There's a lot of new features in the Experimental build, so maybe they want to test these more before letting it out to Stable.

Anyway, I'm liking the new buildings around the map, especially the new Medical Clinics.

STILL NO TENTS CITY LOOT FIX!

Totally!!! Here's my list of things that I think players should have to manually manage because the game doing it for us is just laziness:

• Breathing
  • Not shitting and pissing ourselves
  • Blinking to keep our eyes from drying out
  • Someone mentioned QWOP movement. Excelent idea!
  • Opening containers like canteens with a counterclockwise rotational moue movement. 
  • Closing containers like canteens with a clockwise rotational mouse movement
  • Swallowing when eating and drinking. Just putting stuff in your mouth is damn lazy!

...now everyone please bash me since im super serious about this!  :rolleyes:

Well i agree with pee and opening containers in HARDCORE but the other things are excessive xD but pee its totally aceptable

I understand your concern, duly noted... however, please refer to the response here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175096-update-rev-036115535-experimental-branch/page-14#entry1793414

Thanks for pointing me to that topic, but it doesn't seem to fit my case. I perfectly understand that this is an alpha and i don't want to whine about the money I've spend. I'm just curious to know the technical reasons behind the fact that some issues seem like are ignored. I would like also to remind you that in this forum there is a road map thread. Having more zombies is marked as Ongoing since 20th December. Now we're at 20th February and nothing as changed. That's my point. I'm just trying to point out facts so we can discuss them. That seems to me to purpose of a forum ..

The devs are a team, some do net-stuff, some do scripting, some do modeling. the modeling dude won't do any netcode related stuff, cuz he didn't learnd that. but he won't stop his work (creating models) and if he's done, they get patched in.

a janitor in a hospital won't do the job of a brain surgeon, or?

I don't pretend that and I perfectly understand that. My point is why the brain surgeon instead of concentrate on the most important game breaking scripting problem (the zombie AI) concetrate himself on coding the script to be able to check the pulse of another guy to cure an heart attack. Fix the zombies script first and add other stuff script later. In the meantime add all the graphics,sound and animation you want ...

Music in the background gave me a headache.

Oh, i'm sorry bro, I put that music in as everyone seemed to like the music in my previous videos.

The loot is not broken in the tent areas. THEY WILL NEVER SPAWN AS MUCH MILITARY GEAR AS THEY DID BEFORE. This is not a COD style game.

This is a survival simulator. If you think this game is moving towards more military gear you are dead wrong. In fact, it's exactly the opposite. More civilian style weapons with survival elements raised continuously. 

• Like 1

The loot is not broken in the tent areas. THEY WILL NEVER SPAWN AS MUCH MILITARY GEAR AS THEY DID BEFORE. This is not a COD style game.

This is a survival simulator. If you think this game is moving towards more military gear you are dead wrong. In fact, it's exactly the opposite. More civilian style weapons with survival elements raised continuously. 

"It's a bug that's being actively looked at, along with other buildings having issues like the wood cabins. I would hope this is fixed in the next stable update." - rocket

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1yd2dq/sa_when_will_the_tents_spawn_loot_again/

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

"It's a bug that's being actively looked at, along with other buildings having issues like the wood cabins. I would hope this is fixed in the next stable update." - rocket

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1yd2dq/sa_when_will_the_tents_spawn_loot_again/

Yes some buildings don't spawn anything but he has also stated that this game is not Arma. It is a survival simulator and if you think those tents will be what they were, you're wrong. Just play Arma 3 wasteland if you want PVP with high end military gear. You can have a jet if you want... literally. 

EDIT: I should also note I think you all are being trolled as far as the tent spawns go. That was obviously there in the beginning because there was nothing else to do and it was a perfect way to debug stuff. How big of a bug could it be to set the loot variables. Admins were able to do this on their servers in the mod.

Edited by Dr. Goner

Yes some buildings don't spawn anything but he has also stated that this game is not Arma. It is a survival simulator and if you think those tents will be what they were, you're wrong. Just play Arma 3 wasteland if you want PVP with high end military gear. You can have a jet if you want... literally. 

EDIT: I should also note I think you all are being trolled as far as the tent spawns go. That was obviously there in the beginning because there was nothing else to do and it was a perfect way to debug stuff. How big of a bug could it be to set the loot variables. Admins were able to do this on their servers in the mod.

• Like 2

Right - it's not ArmA and the tent loot spawns in the future likely will spawn less high end equipment than they originally did. (As it should be)

That being said, many buildings, including the tents, currently spawn NO loot and this has been confirmed as a bug by rocket. There are other buildings/rooms that also used to spawn loot that no longer do. This has also been confirmed as a bug.

What makes you think that the tent spawns is a troll attempt?

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

What happens if my character gets wet? Or do I just ignore that?

How do I prevent heart attacks? 

I can't wait for fires to make its way into this game , I really hope it has an advanced system so it can spread , especially if applied to wood houses (im sure that's way down the line but it is in my thoughts now haha ) . Furthermore I can't wait to test this patch out tonight :0

• Like 1

What happens if my character gets wet? Or do I just ignore that?

How do I prevent heart attacks? 

at the moment, there is no sickness to be gained from being wet, so no. But I'm not sure how to prevent having a heart attack, or what causes it in these cases

I can't wait for fires to make its way into this game , I really hope it has an advanced system so it can spread , especially if applied to wood houses (im sure that's way down the line but it is in my thoughts now haha ) . Furthermore I can't wait to test this patch out tonight :0

I don't think fires will ever spread in the game, super easy to troll a server by constantly lighting it all on fire.

Alright, just posting up that the experimental branch as it is right now has more desync problems then I've seen yet throughout the alpha.  Character will often rubber-band like 10 feet back, as well as other players as well.  Perhaps it's just everyone trying to join into the experimental or something, but I hope it's fixed by the time we hit stable.  I hope their working on it.  In a nutshell I would describe the current version of the game as clunky as hell.  I know guys alpha alpha alpha, I'm just saying it's been smoother then the experimental is now.

Looks good so far, though I'm still waiting for vehicles (I miss my trusty GAZ :( ). I guess I'll go looking for that road map thread I keep seeing people talk about... Anyways, heart attacks sound cool, if they get implemented in the right way. I don't want to suffer a heart attack form running, because as people have previously mentioned, it wouldn't really make any sense. the "Eat All" function is nice too, although I do agree with some people above me that the animation should be extended if you choose to "Eat All".

Also liking the new buildings, although I don't think I've ever been to Olsha or Khelm before. Will have to check them out.

One more thing: One of the additions mentioned was a new Orthodox chapel. Does this mean a single chapel has been placed on the map? If so, does anyone know where it is? Or does it just mean that all chapels are now enterable (I couldn't seem to get into the one in Pustoshka)?

Boston the my is a crappy american gun so its realistic that it spreads like it does in the game, if they would implement german weapons they would should damn accurate as in real life, its only dependet on the shitty american construction of this crap m4 rifel ;) so add a g36 or a g3 and it will shoot 800 meters and above straight on target, but with an m4 like in real life spray and pray like the soldiers in iraq ;)

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Like 1

What the fuck are you talking about?

Obviously English isn't his/her first language so it was just a ill attempt at trolling you Americans is all. Just forget you read it!

• Like 1