Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

The new update

Created for the community, please don't start giving hate, I know some of you may not like this update or people that make videos about DayZ updates.This is for people who want to hear any details they don't know about. Enjoy the update guys :)

• Like 2

So anyone know where to find the healthy berries? I have found blue berries but they are poisonous. Interesting though: after I poisened myself with berries I went to the next pond and drank water until I vomited from being stuffed, now my sick status is gone because I puked out all the poisonous berries, nice realism there. :)

• Like 5

I just cannot understand the technical reason behind the fact that they haven't yet fixed the zombie through the wall problem (for example). Now i guess that is going to take more time than adding an animation for the new Ruger but it has to be done sooner or later (sooner is better). I have this game since January and I've to say the game experience is not changed so much. The impression I have is that they are adding new "marginal" stuff instead of creating a solid base where the things that are already implemented work as they should.

The devs are a team, some do net-stuff, some do scripting, some do modeling. the modeling dude won't do any netcode related stuff, cuz he didn't learnd that. but he won't stop his work (creating models) and if he's done, they get patched in.

a janitor in a hospital won't do the job of a brain surgeon, or?

Is that update complete on stable version or it is still in progress?

Edited by mpm470

H8clR.gif

So I assume no one knows when the update is going live on the stable branch, that's okay. I'd be just nice to hear some official words on it (since it's become somewhat of a habit of them to release them on wednesday)

How dare you. That joke was passed down for a thousand generations. You have committed a grave offense to my lineage.

Came upon a interesting bug last night while playing experimental.

Finally found a durable leather jacket (badly damaged.) and went on to look for a sewing kit in svetlo.

My character was still "soaking wet" after looting the ship off the coast of Berezino when i found a sewing kit in svetlo. Used it and the jacket became Ruined instead of worn.

Oh well, found a friendly Swede along the way who hiked along. Good times.

I also found a badly damaged riders jacket but was unable to use the sewing kit to repair (said cannot be patched up or whatever), sewing kit was pristine....

Getting wet hasnt any effect on health yet? Is that right?

Really looking forward for the next patch.

I assume that "getting cold" and "ill" from weather (which seems to be close to be implemented) will cause that creating fires and building tents will follow soon.

"Eating all" is a nice comfort-feature as well. Does it also take longer to eat all? 

I also found a badly damaged riders jacket but was unable to use the sewing kit to repair (said cannot be patched up or whatever), sewing kit was pristine....

Is this on experimental or has the patch been pushed to stable today?

Experimental, I kept the jacket for a while even though it was badly damaged, as it had a kind of camo effect to it, but ditched it when I found a ttsko jacket.

It's in experimental only for now.

Back in Days "Honest" Devs and Publishers wouldn't charge you for freaking TEST un-finished products.

Of course not, because back in the day those publishers would put out any old crap as a finished product and there would be NO feedback into the system and NO patches for bugs or defects in their software.

This is just a marketing fooling for fools like all of us, Get the money first ,do the job later and call it a TEST LMFAO. Could understand what you're saying if that was made by some new starter Publisher but Bohemia Interactive behind DAYZ SA.  They can't be that pathetic or short in money to release an  ALPHA/Beta without charging ? or Were they? 

BI have tried this method of financing there ArmA 3 software and that process was very good to be a part of. The process was not completely smooth, but in direct negation to you unfounded accusation of dishonesty, BI were right there in our faces with the promise that there would be problems and bugs that would make the software unusable at times. They are using the same process for DayZ but have been even more upfront about the possible pitfalls for early adoptors of the software. They even went as far as having Dean specifically tell us NOT TO BUY THIS GAME, YET!

TBH, I have no sympathy at all for anyone who is simply whinging about bugs making the game unplayable ATM. For one, I have yet to find a bug that makes the game 'unplayable' per se, and my pultry 330 hrs in game would atest to this. Yes there are bugs and glitches and downright annoying random events that can see characters wiped for the hienous crime of logging into a server, but we were told this would be the case.

@spaccio:

It is unlikely that anyone on the Dev team will reply directly to you. They are busy doing other things. If you think they will then sadly you are in for a major disappointment. If you have posted your issue with sufficent information for them to try and find it maybe it will be traced and fixed. If you are just posting on the forums, then you're probably just wasting everyones time.

• Like 2

video

The new update

Created for the community, please don't start giving hate, I know some of you may not like this update or people that make videos about DayZ updates.This is for people who want to hear any details they don't know about. Enjoy the update guys :)

Thanks .. I guess this is really useful for people too lazy to read for themselves

Sewing kits can only repair certain types of clothing. Although, I don't see why it couldn't fix a rider's leather jacket. It seems liek you would be able to do this with a needle and thread. 

Maybe they will add repair kits for different types of stuff.

The new update

Not hating here, but just a suggestion. I like that these are done, but maybe go into the experimental build and capture some of this stuff in the video to show off when you make them? You could easily do commentary first, then go into the game and record some footage. I know you might not be able to show everything, but probably at least half of it if you tried. 

Again, I like what you go over, but as a viewer I would just like to see more :)

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 2

The devs are a team, some do net-stuff, some do scripting, some do modeling. the modeling dude won't do any netcode related stuff, cuz he didn't learnd that. but he won't stop his work (creating models) and if he's done, they get patched in.

a janitor in a hospital won't do the job of a brain surgeon, or?

Great post, man, very good point. Safe to assume many of the devs are only qualified to create content, not fix bugs, they're not just going to wait around until all the bugs are fixed to create new content.

I am currently watching the twitch stream with Hicks and he makes the point that if the dev team stopped to fix bugs without pushing out new features/content the development of the game would grind to a halt. Bug fixing is meant to come at the end, when all the main features are in place. No point wasting time fixing bugs if you're going to introduce a new feature next month that will introduce a whole new set of bugs that take just as long to fix, when you can just wait to push the content and then fix all those bugs at once. Yes it's frustrating to play when some of the bugs cause some players major issues, but it means that major improvements to the game will come faster overall.

Edited by Young Trotsky

Just curious, was there no patch pushed out with the weekly maintenance last night?  Just making sure, as my SA client version has not changed.   

I've played the updated exp branch, and liking the new changes so for.. 

Edited by Antykain

They need to Add drugs to the game like cigarretes alcohol or marihuana maybe mushrooms and of course their respective effects like you cant 2X W when you are smoking or everything moves when you are drunk this would be an amazing feature. Psychedelic berries should be a very nice thing they really can add more immersion to the game like you could be searching berries to eat and eat a wrong one and surprise everything is in colors and distored so you now need to wait or get some charcoal pills or mortal berries that can kill you in 1 minute if you dont use antidote 

or eat a bad can of beans and start seeing zombies which arent there O.o

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or...? If you want to get technical with it, the AK-47 was easier to field strip, but suffered greatly with inaccuracy due to barrel shaking/shudder, loose fit parts, and the front and rear postal sights being so close. AK-47 is a beautiful rifle, but I wouldn't let my life rely on one.

There is only 1 rifle suitable for the zombie apocalypse.

And that if the SKS.

IMO =)

• Like 1

Just curious, was there no patch pushed out with the weekly maintenance last night?  Just making sure, as my SA client version has not changed.   

I've played the updated exp branch, and liking the new changes so for.. 

There was no patch for stable this week, on the stream Hicks said there will probably be no patch to stable until next Wednesday (26th).

We get a new weapon? Yaaaayyy!!!!!

They didn't add a new gun, its just fucking hard to find...

The new update

I hoped he would actually show the new features instead of talking about them...

Also the sambucus berry is actualy toxic until its coocked, just saying.

Edited by basinox

I hope to eventually see... 

1. Zombies now recognize buildings and do not have noclip abilities.  

2. Zombies will claw at closed doors and eventually bust them open.

• Like 5

Yeah, rocket ma man, loot still isn't spawning in over half of all RURAL type homes.

• Like 3