Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

Has anyone actually experienced a heart-attack yet? Or you're just assuming that heart attacks will be common and caused by sprinting without actually having any knowledge of what causes them and how likely they are? Why not wait to see how they actually work before saying they're a bad addition?

*whoops double post

Edited by JeabChretien

low settings is causing the rain in the buildings. shadow on normal or higher should fix this. so its not really raining inside the buildings

Thanks for that, ive got mine rock bottom on all due to an old comp in dire need of an upgrade, getting a new one soon actually but i shall put up the quality a bit, it should cope. Not doing too bad out of my 4 year old laptop, ram is its biggest flaw nowadays. Anyways, cheers again. 

Boston the my is a crappy american gun so its realistic that it spreads like it does in the game, if they would implement german weapons they would should damn accurate as in real life, its only dependet on the shitty american construction of this crap m4 rifel ;) so add a g36 or a g3 and it will shoot 800 meters and above straight on target, but with an m4 like in real life spray and pray like the soldiers in iraq ;)

lol, wat? You really think what you said is true? The G36, which shoots the same exact round as the M4 will hit targets 500m+ further than the M4? I can see the G36V, MG36, and MG36E getting up to 800m because they have a similar barrel length to the M249, but they aren't going to hit anything with accuracy at anything over that. As for the G36C, i can't see that hitting anything even close to 800m with its 9.5in barrel. The M4 definitely needs some work in game, but it is by no means "a crappy american gun". The fact that you called it a gun shows me how inexperienced you are with it. I can and have made smiley faces at 400-500m+ with an M4 on the torso of a average person sized target.

Edited by ChekovP
  • Like 3

As far as I know it came in 34 but I only play since early 33. So it may be a older bug. It often happen when you eat something straight from the ground instead of putting it in your inventory first and mostly with nota cola. It also leaves the ghost item in your hotbar with a white texture since the server doesn't recognise the item but the hive does. Leaving a unusable space for the rest of the session.

I get the same ghost food, but I can drag it out of inventory and the hotbar. 

I also noticed that the Zis Pilot Helmet stays Completely Soaked forever while the rest of clothes are dry. I'm tired of hearing that I'm soaking wet :P

It's astounding how many players (undoubtedly 17 year old boys) are absolutely certain they know more than Rocket and the team regarding the development of a game. They've so far released nearly a patch a week, adding interesting content and fixing the bugs they feel need fixing along the way. Combat logging was complained about unanimously, so they fixed it as best they could, when people started crying like the CoDbabies they are about "not enough guns" they add more.

Surprisingly, and this may come as a shock to all you ultracrepidarian jackasses out there who think you know it all, the devs for this game know damn well what they're doing, are working hard, and your incredible insightful 'advice' about "hEy y don't u to the ZoMbIes runninG thru walls b4 adding the Hart AttAcks u IDIOTS" is not going to help anyone.

We haven't seen a changelog or huge patch for a week, oh no, lets all cry about it and start to doubt the credibility of a small group of developers who have made an alpha game that is already extremely enjoyable in its current state. Quit bitching about things you don't understand, maybe realise game developers know a little more than you bout developing games, and if you don't like it, consider not playing it.

We're seeing the start of a weather implementation system relative to player health, this is huge, it's increasing the PVE challenge that the game could use to make it feel a little less like the worlds biggest deathmatch. But no, God forbid you can't gear up in ten minutes at the military tents and hunt those fresh spawns like the true survivor you are!

Right on the money! gooood post man!

• Like 2

Look, When you buy a smoke it writes "Smoking kills" on it and you still buy it. (Majority of smokers do it anyway). Marketing works like that way because of addiction and curiosity plays big part in Human Nature.

So What you are saying does no value in reality. Also People can give negative and positive feedback as there is a freedom of speech, dunno Where do you live? Afghan or UAE?

Freedom of speech pertains to speaking your opinion, views and values without suffering prosecution by the government. It has nothing to do with saying dumb things on a public forum.

This "marketing trick" goes both ways. It probably was made in mind that simple minded kids with no self control or reading comprehension would help fund this game. The rest of us read the multiple warnings and knew what we were getting into. We also regularly report bugs, up vote the biggest bugs and then are relieved when Rocket acknowledges them and fixes them.

In short, maybe people need to get smarter instead of relying on everyone else dumbing things down to get to their level.

• Like 4

They need to add more options for bananas eg putting it in your holster or sewing them onto your clothes like a banana guille suite

I remember when I tried to add my banana to a chest holster... sooo disappointed when it didn't work... QQ

• Like 1

I remember when I tried to add my banana to a chest holster... sooo disappointed when it didn't work... QQ

If you want, I can put my banana in your mouth holster. And by banana, I mean penis, and by holster, I mean mouth. And by penis, I mean HUGE penis.

Edited by Demoth

If you want, I can put my banana in your mouth holster. And by banana, I mean penis, and by holster, I mean mouth. And by penis, I mean HUGE penis.

H8clR.gif

So I assume no one knows when the update is going live on the stable branch, that's okay. I'd be just nice to hear some official words on it (since it's become somewhat of a habit of them to release them on wednesday)

Didn't see that (and am glad that the issue was resolved)... I know that shooting military surplus ammo through my Remington 700 LTR will ruin my grouping like crazy...

However, that still doesn't change the fact that the accuracy of either rifle is still the same, when we're talking statistics.

Also, something that was brought to my attention by a security contractor friend of mine... compare costs.

To get a fully decked out M4/AR15 would probably cost about $2200, that's with ACOG, Trijicon sights, picatinny rail setup, laser, flashlight etc...

You won't find a fully decked out G36© for less than $5,000. Plus magazines are proprietary to the G36 line. The M4 is much more mod friendly and universal than the G36, at least in my opinion...

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

In my opinion it rains way too frequently now. It's like being in a rainforest.

No kidding was on US 0-2 Experimental and it rained for 4 hours with 1 min breaks between 20 min of raining... ridiculous 

• Actions: Vomiting have associated sound effects - yaa very important, not!
  • Actions: Can check pulse on unconscious players - exorbitant! exorbitant! exorbitant! exorbitant!
  • Actions: Searching for berries will now add berries to your inventory - who the fuck need berrys?  1 of 1000 gethers them, the other giving a shit on berrys
  • Actions: Eat All now supported for consumables - OH THX FINALY
  • Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations - OK
  • Animations: Player now can sit with gun/weapon - OK
  • Environment: New rock textures - OK
  • Food: Sambucus berry item added - who the fuck need berrys?
  • Food: Canina berry item added - who the fuck need berrys?
  • Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed - OK
  • Map: Olsha has been updated - OK
  • Map: Khelm has been updated - OK
  • Map: New rock formations outside Svetlo have been created - OK
  • Map: New Orthodox Chapel has been created - OK
  • Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map - OK
  • Map: New villages surrounding Svetlo - OK
  • Medical: Players can have a heart attack (declared as "irregular pulse" with pulse checking actions) - exorbitant!
  • Weather: Rain, Clouds, Wind, calculated on server and distributed to clients - OK
  • Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet - OK

Fixed:

• Actions: Added 'inUseItem' back to action on target function  - dont know... but okay...
  • Actions: Proper nutritional value will be added when eating near empty food  - ooookay??
  • Actions: Berry picking script messages to player improved. - who the fuck need berrys?  1 of 1000 gethers them, the other giving a shit on berrys
  • Graphics: SSAO in options saved - OK!
  • Graphics: Rain effect settings changed - OK!
  • Graphics: Rain geometry optimized (28bytes vs 12 bytes per vertex)- OK!
  • Graphics: Spot light culling fixed - OK!
  • Graphics: Fix of terrain intersections - OK!
  • Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares - OK!
  • Login: Failure during new character creation could cause player to get stuck as unconscious - OK!
  • Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance - OK!
  • Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes - OK!
  • Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions - OK!
  • Medical: Epi-pens will now wake anyone (briefly) from unconsciousness even if blood very low - OK!
  • Medical: Defibrillator used for restarting the heart of players who have a heart attack - oh cmon! you have problems with the food and health status and adding now heart attacks?  you start to OVERDO it with your "SURVIVAL"!!!
  • Medical: Unconsciousness had irregular and unpredictable behavior (epi-pens will now always wake an unconscious player, unless they are having a heart attack) - OK
  • Medical: Melee damage application system changed to better balance OK
  • Medical: Chance of bleeding from fists reduced significantly - WHY? dont know if ya know, but you are reducing bleeding chance of now ZERO to what -10)
  • Medical: Disconnected players avatars did not take shock or blood damage OK!
  • Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking  - OK

ok i see a trend is going on here!

mostly you overdo with the whole healthsystem! and it is not realistic at all... isnt it a zombie survival? the game is developing in a wrong direction

and you create a lot of  health stuff what will set the focus on healthcare and lot of deaths/ frustrated player etc.

further more you are fixing stuff what is imho not necessery know, there are biiiig bugs that have to be fixed at once!

- legs breaking on login / pants destroyed

- clipping bugs!! zombies running through walls? - why dont you fix this?!

- ledders ledders ledders you climb you die!

and that are just some bugs! there are a lot of more!

START LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY!

Edited by d4wn

- legs breaking on login / pants destroyed - OHYA! REAAAALLYYY IMPORTAN!!!!!!!!!! (In 300h+ never had a broken leg on login)

- clipping bugs!! zombies running through walls? - why dont you fix this?! - OHHHHHHH MUCH MORE IMPORTANT, IT PREVENT YOU FROM PLAYIN THE GAME SO MUCH, DAYUMN!

- ledders ledders ledders you climb you die! IT'S EXACTLY ONE KIND OF LADDER IN THE WHOLE GAME, OTHER WORK PRETTY WELL, BUT YEH, VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

Edited by Guest

Guess nothing is coming to stable just yet?

Why NO Hands Only CPR Animation (and feature) not included? Like in ARMA 3? or like cool as hell in this Video by the Legend himself?

Game needs more proper animations really for medical actions.

Very interesting progress on the medical part of dayz.

Would definitely be awesome if you could revive someone without a pulse (freshly dead) by performing cpr for a minute or so,

this would add a lot to the weight of murdering/saving someone.

Off course cpr should only have a very small chance of success if someone is severely wounded.

Having to perform cpr on your friend, having to get a defib, bandaging and all would be very immersing.

I just had a first aid course and it would be very cool if that knowledge actually contributes to saving someone in dayz.

Realism all the way for me.

ps I feel all these medical actions should have their own animations, dayz needs a lot more animations, also I think you should be able to see that someones leg is broken (possibly with a kink in it?).

Edited by degoe

Guess nothing is coming to stable just yet?

Nah SillyWilly, probably next maintenance.

I guess hicks said it on the Q&A before a few days there will be no stablepatch this week, or somehting like that, don't nail me on the exact words.

[...]SNIP[...]

START LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY!

Really? I guess someone didn't read the thread about how the little kiddies have no clue about developing a game... don't like it... stop playing until it is out of beta. It's not YOUR vision. It's not YOUR development cycle or even YOUR development pipeline. It's Dean's. So, STFU, stop bitching like a little girl that dropped her icecream, or stop playing.

• Like 15

- clipping bugs!! zombies running through walls? - why dont you fix this?!

Zombies dont even have their final AI yet, so why teach them how to avoid walls now when they are working on a completely new AI?

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed about the changelog because programmers are introducing new features when the things that are already in the game don't work properly. I perfectly get the point about the alpha and in fact I'm playing the game as it is because it's damn good and i love it. I just cannot understand the technical reason behind the fact that they haven't yet fixed the zombie through the wall problem (for example). Now i guess that is going to take more time than adding an animation for the new Ruger but it has to be done sooner or later (sooner is better). I have this game since January and I've to say the game experience is not changed so much. The impression I have is that they are adding new "marginal" stuff instead of creating a solid base where the things that are already implemented work as they should.

Boston the my is a crappy american gun so its realistic that it spreads like it does in the game, if they would implement german weapons they would should damn accurate as in real life, its only dependet on the shitty american construction of this crap m4 rifel ;) so add a g36 or a g3 and it will shoot 800 meters and above straight on target, but with an m4 like in real life spray and pray like the soldiers in iraq ;)

Try compairing them.

The G3 is a full-caliber battle rifle. It doesn't campair to a carbine.

The G36 is a full length Assault Rifle with a built-in scope, made in the 1990s. Without the scope, it's not THAT great.

The M4 is a short, Assault Carbine made for CQC and for use by Officer's in the 1960s. It is just as accurate as the G36C (Carbine)

The M4s maximum range is around 400m, while the G36s is *Apparently* 800. Thats shit. It won't be as accurate as you think  that far. Just becuase it says that, doesn't mean it will be effective at all. The Mosin is Zeroable to 2000k irl, the AK to 1000. Each's range is half that.

The G36 isn't "Superior" just becuase its German and not "American Shit". The it has a longer barrel and an (x4 i think) sight, which allows it to be more accurate, but get an M16A4 with an ACOG and that advantage is gone. Or compair a G36c to an M4. 

Sure, the G36 is a great gun, but its not x1000000000 Superior becuase HK makes it. For a 50+ year old design, the Armalites have proven themselves very well on the modern Battlefield. Its also much more likely to show up in Chernarus (Or anywhere, for that matter)  than the G36.

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed about the changelog because [...]SNIP[...]

I understand your concern, duly noted... however, please refer to the response here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175096-update-rev-036115535-experimental-branch/page-14#entry1793414

Edited by sniperdoc