tatchell (DayZ)

Poppy Morphine?

I stumbled across this field by the NE airfield, you've most likely been through it on the way from Berezino.

2014-02-18_00009_zps45587d66.jpg

I'm not sure if these are poppies (I think they could be sunflowers) but seeing the large plants made me think about poppies and how obviously you can quite easily extract the latex from them and cook up morphine in real life.

Considering the rarity of morphine shots in this game, I think that crafting your own morphine would be a very neat feature to have. Maybe just any kind of knife/bayonet could be used to extract latex and then when the cooking system is introduced you could refine the latex into morphine? Then fill a syringe with your concoction to store/use. Also yet another use for the syringe :p Doesn't sound too complex, would be pretty useful and also expand the crafting possibilities there should eventually be...

Any thoughts? 

(From a quick search I couldn't find this idea but sincere apologies if this has been discussed before!)

Its a sunflower (actually they have collision on them they are that big!! ) but I'm certainly hoping to see medicinal plant harvesting come into the game at some point.

Hm, can't recall this specific topic, but there were some suggestions about plants and herbal medicine...somewhere buried beneath 10.000 "we need this gun" or "Fix the zombie wall glitch" threads....

And yes, i'd find it great (even if I'm pretty sure that these are be sunflowers...), but hey, why not both, one for medicine, the other one for food? :) And since the medic/health system is reworked at the moment, maybe there will be a spot for "herbal medicine"....

Hm poppies in DayZ...i sense a drug discussion coming in this thread...i feel it...

Love to see this kind of thing.  But you should need to find a 'survival medical book' in order to be able to do complex medical 'crafting'.

Poppies aren't large. However, if indigenous it would be very likely that poppies would spread on unattended fields. But then again the apocalypse in the game is too recent for that.

Canabis? Works as painkiller. Overdose and you get a blured screen and can't sprint for a while. Simple.

Canabis? Works as painkiller. Overdose and you get a blured screen and can't sprint for a while. Simple.

Hahaha yes! Maybe if they have DayZ Takistan then we'll see cannabis growing around the place, can't see that happening in Chernarus though :/

They do? They don't to me. There is certainly a lot of them. But they aren't that big.

Haha well on the scale of flowers I just think of little things in your garden :p I don't spend much time in sunflower fields so I guess i have low expectations...

Should also make you hungry and thirsty faster. :P

Hm, can't recall this specific topic, but there were some suggestions about plants and herbal medicine...somewhere buried beneath 10.000 "we need this gun" or "Fix the zombie wall glitch" threads....

And yes, i'd find it great (even if I'm pretty sure that these are be sunflowers...), but hey, why not both, one for medicine, the other one for food? :) And since the medic/health system is reworked at the moment, maybe there will be a spot for "herbal medicine"....

Hm poppies in DayZ...i sense a drug discussion coming in this thread...i feel it...

Yeah they totally need to fix the zombie wall glitches. Great idea, mate!

Predicted it. PRE-DIC-TED IT.

Please derail some of the useless threads, like everyone that Grimey makes. Or one of the hundred "I lost my gear" threads. Not an actual maybe useful discussion -.-

Crooked, since i haven't said it today: You are a strange dude.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Predicted it. PRE-DIC-TED IT.

Please derail some of the useless threads, like everyone that Grimey makes. Or one of the hundred "I lost my gear" threads. Not an actual maybe useful discussion -.-

Crooked, since i haven't said it today: You are a strange dude.

Why isn't talking about desired game features "useful discussion"?