Sign in to follow this  
Hi Im Brad

This is what DayZ needs to look like

1392619880616.jpg

I really hope this game gets to the point where I know we all want it to go. Where there are seasons, and survival against the elements is more than what it is now....

I know all of this will come in time, but I just saw this picture and I really hope this is what DayZ becomes

• Like 7

I don´t think that they will made different seasons in dayz... - but anyway it would be very nice, if we also have wintertime :)

For me the best clue of making snow in game is, to put the north region into snow-region.

So in north you have hard conditions to survive - BUT also the best gear

- loosing body-temperature fast(snow storm much faster, you need to find shelter)

- find good clothes to keep warm

- make firewood

etc.

• Like 1

I do agree, love the picture, it has that S.T.A.L.K.E.R.ish feeling of being in the zone, I'm sure eventually it will be like that.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Why not make seasons? Maybe one every week in the month or so? Already feels like autum right now with all the rain.^^

1392619880616.jpg

I really hope this game gets to the point where I know we all want it to go. Where there are seasons, and survival against the elements is more than what it is now....

I know all of this will come in time, but I just saw this picture and I really hope this is what DayZ becomes

Would be nice, maybe zombies are hardier up north and hard to kill to due to extreme conditions when you run into them. The ones that are alive anyways.

I think i remember seeing a dev post that said seasons would not be possible on the current map, which does make me sad.

However if it isnt in the stock game, remember we will also be getting mod tools afaik so im sure there is someone out there who will make this happen as i also think it would be epic to have seasons.

I think i remember seeing a dev post that said seasons would not be possible on the current map, which does make me sad.

However if it isnt in the stock game, remember we will also be getting mod tools afaik so im sure there is someone out there who will make this happen as i also think it would be epic to have seasons.

Link that please.. Because from what I heard, Dean has said that there will be seasons.... and as far as I know the Arma engine has a full calender complete with full astronomical cycles.

It may be impossible to show snow build up on the ground, but there's no doubt they can have it fall from the sky.

• Like 1

Link that please.. Because from what I heard, Dean has said that there will be seasons.... and as far as I know the Arma engine has a full calender complete with full astronomical cycles.

It may be impossible to show snow build up on the ground, but there's no doubt they can have it fall from the sky.

It was a while ago now but il try and have a look, of course i did only say i think though.

:EDIT:

Not much it wasnt a dev it was a mod, but you can see it in this thread here. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171023-seasons/?hl=seasons

Edited by lumo1234

A couple of days ago Dean said he want snow areas, which leads me to believe that there won't be season cycles but rather static places so my guess is that the snow would end up being in the hills to the north and west.