Sign in to follow this  
cheek1breek1

New build, will this do?

Hey guys, I'm getting a bit of an upgrade soon. I was wondering if this would do:

4670k cooled by a hyper 212 plus

Asrock hd3 z87 mobo 

8gb ddr3 1600mhz

evga scx gtx 770 (2gb)

I'm looking to max dayz standalone with absolutely 0.0 input lag. Frames per second are less important, just as long as I can make it feel like I'm playing counterstrike (with vsync turned off, of course). I know that arma and dayz are very cpu-intensive, maybe that explains why I'm running everything on low while still getting a measily 12 fps in cherno (I'm using an amd phenom II x4 945 @ 3.2 ghz, 6gb of ddr2 and an r6850 atm). I'm playing on 1920x1080, no fancy 21:9 or 4k stuff.. The rest of my specs are basically up to date: I bought an ocz zt 650w modular psu a couple of weeks ago along with a cooler master 430 elite, and I'm running windows from a 120gb intel ssd and dayz from a 1tb 7200rpm samsung sata drive.

Regards,

Cheeki. 

• Like 1

Its never going to feel like counter-strike for many reasons.

Firstly all weapons ins CS are hitscan, all weapons in DayZ draw projectiles.

There is delay and various animations that make running and gunning impossible. You need to catch your breath ect, if you want a good shot, if not your aim will be off no matter what.

The strategic player will always come out on top over the twitch shooter, this game rewards good use of cover and patients. You simply can not effectivly run and gun.

In short your comparing apples and oranges. It will never 'feel' like counter-strike, nor should it.

Now is that a bitchen setup your looking at? Absolutely, im looking at something similar soon for myself. The 770 is as good as you can get for the money. But no amount of hardware is going to change how the game plays. Also your specs are moot at this point as its alpha. People with MONSTER systems sometimes cant run the game well. Though the next patch should help it.

Final thoughts, if you want a twitch shooter, or even a FPS, look elsewhere. If you want combat, go buy ArmaIII. This is a survival mmo that happens to include realistic guns, guns that will become harder to find and less reliable towards release. But its not a FPS, it just has FPS elements.

• Like 3

Its never going to feel like counter-strike for many reasons.

Firstly all weapons ins CS are hitscan, all weapons in DayZ draw projectiles.

There is delay and various animations that make running and gunning impossible. You need to catch your breath ect, if you want a good shot, if not your aim will be off no matter what.

The strategic player will always come out on top over the twitch shooter, this game rewards good use of cover and patients. You simply can not effectivly run and gun.

In short your comparing apples and oranges. It will never 'feel' like counter-strike, nor should it.

Now is that a bitchen setup your looking at? Absolutely, im looking at something similar soon for myself. The 770 is as good as you can get for the money. But no amount of hardware is going to change how the game plays. Also your specs are moot at this point as its alpha. People with MONSTER systems sometimes cant run the game well. Though the next patch should help it.

Final thoughts, if you want a twitch shooter, or even a FPS, look elsewhere. If you want combat, go buy ArmaIII. This is a survival mmo that happens to include realistic guns, guns that will become harder to find and less reliable towards release. But its not a FPS, it just has FPS elements.

I just meant input lag-wise. The realism is one of my favourite aspects about the arma series.

Hmm ok i run a i7 4770 clocked stable to 4.5 ghz a gtx titan 6 gig card ( expensive as hell and over kill although with the memory leak i was in a better position than most )

I run pretty much max setting ( except pp i set to low as i dont like alot of the effects but its high enough to leave me the ill health blur lol ) very little in the way of input lag (some adjustments help) for frames i get between 40 and just under 80 depending on location ( even 40 is more than enough for it to feel smooth )

Desync will always be your enemy and your pc specs wont fix this ( your connection helps though )

I think you will get pretty close to what you want with that hardware.....

Edit i think this is in the wrong section of the forum though ...

Edited by SoulFirez

upgrade to 16 or more gb's of ram.

you can never have too much ram..and using the minimum amount will actually hurt performance.

I just meant input lag-wise. The realism is one of my favourite aspects about the arma series.

Some of the 'input lag' is because of optimization issues and will not go away until its fixed. Other things you may be confusing with this are deliberate delays built into animations to prevent superhuman reflexes :) I dont think its ever going to feel like couter-strike. Battlefield? Maybe a little, but not Counter-strike.

• Like 1

upgrade to 16 or more gb's of ram.

you can never have too much ram..and using the minimum amount will actually hurt performance.

Not sure how that will help he has over the required amount of ram... 4 gig is all that is used by the game although yes i have 24 gig of ram but then i use a ramdisk to load dayz from for the speed of loading and avoiding the pop up effect as much as possible.. other than that i dont see what he would gain from more ram??????

Some of the 'input lag' is because of optimization issues and will not go away until its fixed. Other things you may be confusing with this are deliberate delays built into animations to prevent superhuman reflexes :) I dont think its ever going to feel like couter-strike. Battlefield? Maybe a little, but not Counter-strike.

He is pretty much bang on for me i dont feel it much as i am use to how RV engine games attempt to portray realisim and um delays are actually as he points out part of that ( yes please on the more optimization rocket!!)

He is pretty much bang on for me i dont feel it much as i am use to how RV engine games attempt to portray realisim and um delays are actually as he points out part of that ( yes please on the more optimization rocket!!)

I was just playing CS today actually. Its rather unique even among most other FPS's, there never has been another game quite like it. Mostly because Quake is its daddy and Half-life is its mommy :)

Though it is rather silly to link $700 worth of computer parts and have to ask if they are good enough. You should probably do research on building computers and talk with friends IRL. For all we know your going to put in a $30 Mobo into it and all the hardware in the world isnt going to help you.

I was just playing CS today actually. Its rather unique even among most other FPS's, there never has been another game quite like it. Mostly because Quake is its daddy and Half-life is its mommy :)

Though it is rather silly to link $700 worth of computer parts and have to ask if they are good enough. You should probably do research on building computers and talk with friends IRL. For all we know your going to put in a $30 Mobo into it and all the hardware in the world isnt going to help you.

LOL my reactions these days are to slow for twitch shooters ( hey i am getting old thats my excuse and i am sticking with it) Dayz and arma are the great equalizers smart play will usually beat the fast twitch shooter guy ( unless in surprise CQB )

LOL my reactions these days are to slow for twitch shooters ( hey i am getting old thats my excuse and i am sticking with it) Dayz and arma are the great equalizers smart play will usually beat the fast twitch shooter guy ( unless in surprise CQB )

Ya i was getting back into GO, but I took like a month off for this game. I went from going 3:1 in pugs to 1.5:1 :( I feel so slow now :|

Input lag doesn't come from poor performance, it comes from the fact that dayZ has forced negative mouse acceleration right now. Once that's gone, then there will be no input lag.

But yes, that rig is a great rig. You won't have any issues with framerates except in large towns, because, you know, alpha.

For now, have you tried disabling mouse smoothing in the options?

• Like 1

Input lag doesn't come from poor performance, it comes from the fact that dayZ has forced negative mouse acceleration right now. Once that's gone, then there will be no input lag.

But yes, that rig is a great rig. You won't have any issues with framerates except in large towns, because, you know, alpha.

For now, have you tried disabling mouse smoothing in the options?

Of course, that was the first thing I did. I also tried to force-disable the acceleration in the .cfg, up to no avail.

Aslo, have my beans!

Edited by cheek1breek1
  • Like 1

Nice rig!! There is a rule of thumb for arma performance, per each $1000 you spend on your computer you get 1 frame. So a ten thousand dollar computer should run dayz at around 10fps

Edited by randalmcdaniels
  • Like 2

The issue has gotten worse, I can't connect to a single server right now. Is everyone experiencing this bug? Are there any people on line atm?

I'm looking to max dayz standalone with absolutely 0.0 input lag.

You're going to be extremely disappointed. DayZ has a sort of negative acceleration mechanic that's supposed to simulate certain things, but in reality is completely annoying. Quick movements aren't even really possible with my mouse and settings.

Just ensure that the gpu you're getting isn't using the ACX cooler. I've heard horror stories of the temps from those coolers.

EVGA has 2 different coolers for this series gpu.