Bororm

Guns are really weak now

Since the patch that changed ballistics, guns are a lot weaker now.  It takes 3-4 mosin body shots to kill a geared player, point blank blasts from shotguns don't even knock a guy out, takes a hefty amount of sks shots etc.  Most players are knocked out before they are killed now as well, having to empty a number of extra rounds into them just to finish them off.

I think the game was a lot more interesting when guns were deadlier, now it feels more like the mod or possibly even weaker, where everyone is a bullet sponge.

Anyone else noticing this?

I like that people fall uncoucious more now.

You can torture them.

• Like 2

Are you kidding me?  With my Mosin I one-shot a few different guys who shot at me for no reason.  You must be a horrible shot.

• Like 3

I'll admit that I don't so much mind that aspect of it, but I'm just saying it to lend credence to the fact that guns are weaker now.

Are you kidding me?  With my Mosin I one-shot a few different guys who shot at me for no reason.  You must be a horrible shot.

Having been on the receiving end of many shots lately I must concur.

I haven't noticed any serious changes? Killed some TTsKO geared nab with a mosin bullet in the dick and died, didn't have to fire any more shots.

I haven't noticed any serious changes? Killed some TTsKO geared nab with a mosin bullet in the dick and died, didn't have to fire any more shots.

He prob didyn't had helmet in pants.

• Like 2

I haven't noticed any difference in the strength of guns.  You might be experiencing some desync or lag so it appears you are hitting people when you really aren't.  For example, you would see your shots landing on your screen but the other person wouldn't actually be getting hit by those shots. 

Ballistic helm, full TTsKO, khaki tactical vest.

Edited by HunterJay

It's possible but it's happening to multiple people in my group.

Most of the guns in atm are civy street. with exception of m4. Those guns will need to be made a bit weak to suit that role, then you will want to go somewhere for a mill spec weapon. In the mod you could find the enfield aka "the dinner bell" really early in a run but it was so deadly some of my group were using it even though we had tents full of big snipers. That might have been realistic, but maybe not great for gameplay mechanics :)

Ballistic helm, full TTsKO, tactical vest.

But did he had helm on head or in pants?

And clearly, he was sober. The idiot.

• Like 1

One shoot from 500m to full geared guy with mosin and BAMM!! Silent kill.  :thumbsup: 

One shoot from 500m to full geared guy with mosin and BAMM!! Silent kill.  :thumbsup: 

Really? Maybe there was stealth buff or something I don't know didyn't used or got shot by mosin for 2 days now.

There was a point where Rocket mentioned that bullets damaging stuff in the inventory would also alter the end damage of the round itself.  I wonder if that made its way in with the recent damage to gear thing.

If that's the case it could be directly related to how much crap you have in your inventory.

Really? Maybe there was stealth buff or something I don't know didyn't used or got shot by mosin for 2 days now.

It was real as Jesus Holy Balls dude. 

Lmfao, why would he have a helmet in his pants?

Damage to legs reduction.

Put everything useful in your shirt and vest. So when somebody kills you all of your best loot is ruined.

• Like 1

Lmfao, why would he have a helmet in his pants?

Here's the problem! If you have to ask, you need to stay home with the kids and old men! Just saying...

Well, even if they're weaker, alpha is a period of tests, it's hard to balance a game like Dayz. They have to try, and see what happen, if it's not good they modify again. After all we're all testers.

Edited by lets4dead

everybody knows you don't do that man.....just.....man......comeon man!

• Like 1

Here's the problem! If you have to ask, you need to stay home with the kids and old men! Just saying...

Because I instinctively didn't assume a shit system was in place where you can place items in your inventory that take damage instead of your health? I think you're the one that needs to stay behind.

Edited by HunterJay

Because I instinctively didn't assume a shit system was in place where you can place items in your inventory that take damage instead of your health? I think you're the one that needs to stay behind.

Can anyone confirm if this is actually a thing because it would make sense as to what I've experienced, and it was something mentioned early on (before the SA actually launched).  It seems entirely possible that with the addition of ruining all your shit when getting shot in the latest patch, this made it in as well.