Sign in to follow this  
Crazy_Spider

I seem to have 2 maps?

I seem to have two different characters, with different equipment, but still on the chernarus map. It's really weird, and it can get annoying with the 5 minute cooldown, because I log-in to DayZ, get that character that I don't want, then I have to wait 5 minutes to go to a normal server, anyone else having this problem?

It's not a problem, you're going between Hardcore and Normal servers. (You have different characters in each one.)

It's not a problem, you're going between Hardcore and Normal servers. (You have different characters in each one.)

Not true. I've stopped playing regular and switched to hardcore only abd my regular character appears on some of the hardcore servers

Not true. I've stopped playing regular and switched to hardcore only abd my regular character appears on some of the hardcore servers

You are probably just joining normal servers by mistake.

negative. I list them by hardcore to regular. When I get home from woek tonight I'll look for it

This has happened to me too, I'm starting to wonder if there's some servers that are incorrectly listed. Several times I've ended up in a regular server even tho it clearly said 'hardcore' in the list, and no, I'm not misclicking, I sort servers by type, not players/time/whatever.

This has happened to me too, I'm starting to wonder if there's some servers that are incorrectly listed. Several times I've ended up in a regular server even tho it clearly said 'hardcore' in the list, and no, I'm not misclicking, I sort servers by type, not players/time/whatever.

Ive got money its a regular server with the name of a hardcore.

Servers are ran by players. Talking ages of 8 years old to damn near dead if Grandpa Bad Ass plays games too. They are the ones who name the server. When you purchase/rent a server the name will be based on the version you have loaded. So if a server was Hardcore then changed to Regular by the owner and they haven't gone out of the way to change there name then your gonna log into your other character. 

Same goes for the guys on Regular who say "I logged into a server and I was wiped but as soon as I joined another I had all my gear". You just joined a Hardcore server listed as Regular.

Or it could be Hive issues but I don't see how two separate Hives (Servers) could be crossing information without having a direct link via cable or software.

Trick is to find 10 servers and float between them. I know Favorites don't work and History is iffy but a pen and paper always work...

Edited by RyBo

Ive got money its a regular server with the name of a hardcore.

Servers are ran by players. Talking ages of 8 years old to damn near dead if Grandpa Bad Ass plays games too. They are the ones who name the server. When you purchase/rent a server the name will be based on the version you have loaded. So if a server was hardcore then change to regular and they haven't gone out of there way to change there name then your gonna log into your other character.

Or it could be Hive issues but I don't see how two separate Hives (Servers) could be crossing information without having a direct link via cable or software.

it is not in the name, it is in the actual server type. I list my servers by hardcore first and it's given me my regular character.

it is not in the name, it is in the actual server type. I list my servers by hardcore first and it's given me my regular character.

I believe you. But double read my post I had to edit some extra information in.

I'll type "Hardcore" in my filter and still pull up a server or two listed as "Hardcore" when in fact it's a Regular changed by the owner/renter. The in game filters isn't going to fix your problem just mitigate it.

There is no "Hardcore vs Regular" filter at all atm...fyi even in the Game Type filter doesn't work fully. Half of that information comes directly from the owner/renters sever. So if they didn't update there .SQF file it's gonna pull up on the list. If that's what your getting at?

Edited by RyBo

Hi.

I've read on these forums that there are some servers set to hardcore, using the hardcore settings but somehow mistakenly connected to the regular hive.

Regards.

I believe you. But double read my post I had to edit some extra information in.

I'll type "Hardcore" in my filter and still pull up a server or two listed as "Hardcore" when in fact it's a Regular changed by the owner/renter. The in game filters isn't going to fix your problem just mitigate it.

There is no "Hardcore vs Regular" filter at all atm...fyi

Hi.

Pretty sure he means he sorts by server type(by clicking on it as I do), not by typing hardcore in the filter.

Regards.

Edit: you know the same way you can sort by ping when you click on ping. The filter is pretty much a waste of time, unless your looking for some particularly named server i.e. 'the church of Zed Leppelin'

Edited by Romeo Foxtrot
  • Like 1

Hi.

I've read on these forums that there are some servers set to hardcore, using the hardcore settings but somehow mistakenly connected to the regular hive.

Regards.

Hi.

Pretty sure he means he sorts by server type(by clicking on it as I do), not by typing hardcore in the filter.

Regards.

ic, ic... Yeah highly doubt that works legitimately. But after thinking about it after every patch doesn't one of these post show up. Seems like they have a Hive conflict issue.

Or as I suspect server .SQF needs a update.

Edited by RyBo

I recall rocket mentioning something that the servers need to be setup to connect to the correct hive. It's probably some setting not being setup correctly by server hosts. I too have also noticed the problem you are experiencing. I favorited a few hardcores that work fine, you should do the same.