Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

To all of those who yell ALPHA at any sort of suggestion

I'm sick of everyone screaming ALPHA when someone makes any sort of complaint.

ALPHA TESTING is about providing FEEDBACK so that the game can improve. This isn't a linear rollercoaster we're riding, we can CHANGE it so that it is better.

Also, I know the disclaimers told me to not buy, as the product would be buggy, but I can deal with that. What I can not deal with is a community that literally YELLS AT EVERYONE WHEN THEY SUGGEST SOMETHING.

• Like 10

No no, we're not yelling at suggestions, we're yelling at people saying "OMG I PAYD 30$$$$ OMG Y NO FIX GAME DIS GAME IS BORK OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!" 

• Like 11

ALPHA TESTING is about providing FEEDBACK so that the game can improve. This isn't a linear rollercoaster we're riding, we can CHANGE it so that it is better.

Also, I know the disclaimers told me to not buy, as the product would be buggy, but I can deal with that. What I can not deal with is a community that literally YELLS AT EVERYONE WHEN THEY SUGGEST SOMETHING.

People get yelled at when they suggest something stupid and not needed.  Yes this is immature.  People also get yelled at when they constantly complain about this game being buggy when it's been stated that it's an Early Access Alpha

It's not that they're complaining, it's how they're complaining and what they're complaining about.

1.) Venting about a recent bug that makes the game unplayable, fine.

2.) Saying the game is shit because, "There are no zombies, and their AI is bad, WTF!!!", well, you're stupid. It's been brought up to death and addressed by the devs. If you still complain, you shouldn't be in this alpha.

3.) Whining that the game doesn't cater to your COD easy-mode PVE needs? Again, you're disregarding the vision that the devs have stated, multiple times, and you're being somewhat of a douche by coming into this game and demanding it cater to you when there are 10,000 other games that give you what you want.

• Like 1

THIS.. IS... ALPHAAAA!  

lmao.. sorry, felt like the right thing to say..  :P

• Like 2

I'm talking about how my CONSTRUCTIVE THREAD about melee was dismissed by people who said that since the game is in ALPHA there is no need for the flaws of the melee system to be pointed out and suggestions on how to fix it to be said.

I've seen ALPHA yellers on lots of constructive threads.

• Like 2

No no, we're not yelling at suggestions, we're yelling at people saying "OMG I PAYD 30$$$$ OMG Y NO FIX GAME DIS GAME IS BORK OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!" 

The OP is saying people shout "alpha" at those not doing what you said, but providing feedback on current systems/development direction. I don't understand why people still do this; hopefully everyone will shut their damn mouth in a few months.

To all those of you who yell ´´Ermagerd everyone yells at me that the game is in alpha´´

Maybe it's because the game is in alpha. They might want to note that this has been suggested before and certainly is going to be added, thank you for the intention to start a discussion, but direct you to all the other threads about EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

Like this thread for example. I think this is the fourth thread whose sole subject is to yell at those who yell that the game is in alpha.

Take it easy. It's all going to work out. We can have nice and constructive discussions, but I do not think this is one of them.

• Like 4

I'm talking about how my CONSTRUCTIVE THREAD about melee was dismissed by people who said that since the game is in ALPHA there is no need for the flaws of the melee system to be pointed out and suggestions on how to fix it to be said.

Yeah, this does seem to happen a lot.  Many people who post new topics are just trying to get an insight on whatever issue they are posting about.. instead they get the "alpha" excuse for a response, instead of some sort of constructive feedback.  Mainly because they have nothing better to offer than "Alpha".. lol  

Anywho.. it's going to happen.  :)

There is a difference in what a constructive thread is.  Saying that X needs to be in game is not constructive.  Also people will jump down your throat about something that they deem isn't priority to the alpha

To all those of you who yell ´´Ermagerd everyone yells at me that the game is in alpha´´

Maybe it's because the game is in alpha. They might want to note that this has been suggested before and certainly is going to be added, thank you for the intention to start a discussion, but direct you to all the other threads about EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

Like this thread for example. I think this is the fourth thread whose sole subject is to yell at those who yell that the game is in alpha.

Take it easy. It's all going to work out. We can have nice and constructive discussions, but I do not think this is one of them.

It not the repetition of the threads; it's people lacking a reason for a possibly critical feature not being in the game. Example: I made a thread about possibly adding a button which would instantly drop whatever item was in your hands. I suggested this because numerous times before posting I was maimed by zombies who phased through walls while I was eating. Ideally, I would stop eating/drinking/crafting and pull out a weapon or at least my fists. I wanted to be able to quickly defend myself, but the response to the thread was "HURR DURR ALPHERR"

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Well.... this is the internet. People are always going to fanboy it up and be assholes. Not really a whole lot you can do about it unless you know that particular problem person in real life.

You can't complain about the community just yet, they're still in alpha.

You made my evening. Thanks.

See? The title of your thread had it correct: suggestions

Suggestion != Complaints

• Like 1

If you are making a constructive helpfull discussion or suggestion and have fully explored other people's posts about your issue/suggestion before posting i don't see why they reminded you that it's an alpha.

You are currently complaining about people complaining,so i take it that this is a rant.If you have a valid point about something and you know how to support and back up you opinion with reason i don't see a problem.Yet this current topic is highly lacking reason.

Well, I try to be the more polite as possible.

If I see a thread suggering something that benefits the game, I will not get mad, but some people think that their idea it's the best idea ever and wants that idea in game NOW!! And that what one of the things that get people mad. When someone post an idea that was suggested mutiple times before, or someone post idea of something that the devs already confirmed, it's easy to search, if was already suggested. People get really mad when someones post a thread like "HURR DURR game iz broken, I paid the game and want the game 2 b good RIGHT NOWWW!!!"

And another thing:                                    

hBcHBP1.gif

I have never seen someone yelled down with alpha when reporting bugs or making sensible suggestions.

When people do get yelled down is when they moan about character loss, when they expect the devs to not take a weekend and fix bugs like this past friday, when people moan about loot spawns, lack of variety in gear or about cars not being in the game or other BS like that.

Yes we all know it is alpha, but it seems like 80% of the community needs to be constantly reminded of that fact, maybe if we can have more sensible posts, less moaning and more reasonable suggestions then you'll see people shouted down with the alpha disclaimer less...

• Like 2

If you got, "It's an Alpha." in your post then it was likely because your idea was something to do with "Polish" and not a core mechanic and so would typically be focussed on later, or you mentioned a bug, likely one that has been mentioned 20 times already. If it wasn't then it probably sounded like it actually was.

"The sounds need to be worked on." Yes they do, it is still an Alpha. Sound is polish.

"My FPS have dropped after the last patch. The game is UNPLAYABLE!" Yep, Alpha, bug report it and hopefully they will have a patch out soon.