Exxoduss

76 - Possibilities list

On 2/10/2014 at 10:09 AM, Exxoduss said:

I compiled a rather large list that I thought might trigger some means of quick implementation to the progammer to enter easly in the game code. (if their is a such thing)

RED - Things they still should Insert     GREEN- Completed           Orange- Other things to be thought about         Pink- In argument/discussion/or or in conflict

Fire Alarms-

Cell Phones-

player Settlements-

Player Trade-

Player Bounties-

Currency-

Pit Traps-

Effects of alcohol-

Musical Instruments - 

Horses-

Underground Bunkers-

Caves-

Sewers-

Locking or Barracading Doors and windows- (would really really be nice)

Doors making Noises or squeeking- (need a can of WD40)

Guard Dogs- (Sit booboo Sit, Good dog)

Cigarettes-

Molotolve Cocktails-

Burning Down Houses-

Smoke Grenades-

Spray Painting Walls/doors with symbols-

Welding Iron Bars-

Cutting Down pesky weeds-

Breaking Furnature to remove or for sticks-

Lighting Fires in fireplaces-

Using Scopes as telescopes-

Overdosing on medicine-

Stabbing w/ knife for double damage-

Candy Bars- (I love my butterfingures)

Motion Sensors-

Player Made Missions- (complete a trade from one player settlement to another)

Expanding map via server- (Have to be at edge of map to switch servers to adjacent map)

Connecting a transmitter to a radio tower-

Household radios that can be rigged to recieve CB/tower transmissions-

Getting the train to work and run over players- (major fun)

Crafting Spears-

Tear Gas Canasters-

Blindness-

Dizzyness-

Injecting other players-

Torches-

Snow-

Thicker walls to reduce clipping-

Sleeping bags- (to log out of server) or (Spawn in location when you die)

Throwing knives-

BIC Lighters-

Colnman Lanterns-

Using Stove tops in Houses-

Breaking Arms & Hands-

More realistic running speed & Distances-

Smoking meat to preserve and taste-

Cannabalism-

Surgical Stitches-

Throwing rocks to create distractions-

Heat vision Cameras-

Snake Cameras-(like plummers use)

Survalance cameras-

Street name signs in cities-

Address's for houses-

Poison Ivy & Poison Oak-

Snake Bites-

Trench Foot-

Blisters-

Bamboo shoots or simular for breathing underwater-

Eating utensils-

Electronic repair kits-

Tool Boxes-

Tool Bags-

Nails-

Saws-

Cutting down trees-

Cook Books-

Skill Books-

Recipe Books-

Animal trails in forests-

Denser Forests-

Binochulars w/ laser rangefinder

---------------- Added: 2/18/14----------------

Binochulars

Laser range finder

whistle(s)

Airhorns

Fireworks

Barbedwire

Geese hunting

Karate

Stats page?

Mega mutant zombie that rampages from town to town

Graveyards where zombies rise from?

Mobile homes

Hand gliders

Moris code

Mobile gas Generators

Using spray paint and matches for makeshift fire

Sextants

Gang green

Burns

Uncontrolable shaking

Sneezing

Coughing

Stomache growling ingame sound (for player notification)

Random generated charecter hieght

Face paint

Apple picking

Exterior explosions

Lightning illuminating the surounding terrain

Gunfire illuminating the terrain

Tripping on loose rocks and low branches

Tripping other players

Filling canteens with disinfectant

Remote controlled helicopter w/ camera

repelling with rope

grappling hook

mountain climbing gear

Thats funny, here it is april15th 2017, I come back to check on this list from along time ago and see how its doing?

Also I would like to add something to the list... There needs to be an idle timer on the servers, AFK for say 20 minutes and it should kick you from the servers... not only will it clear the clutter of AFK people hogging a full pop, it will help the PVE players  that have to deal with others things and end up forgeting about the process being opened in the background and dieing of starvation, I hate that... its killing me and poking at my immersion. If you don't fix it I will find a windows task killer bot that will!

P.S. Good job on the game as all in all gentleman.. Its been a long time, But I also understand the fact that things dont materialize overnight! 

Doors making Noises or squeeking- (need a can of WD40)  "I was serious about the can of wd40 though"

+ Walky talkies that transmit accross public and/or private servers

+ Or an independatly working server ourside of the game server thats launches a VOIP (voice over internet protocal) when the walky talky is turned on from any server.

+ Children zombies

+ Pet Dog/Cat zombies

+ Bears

+ Computers/laptops

+ Personal key locks

+ Solar Still

+ Coming to a complete stop from a sprint will cause charector to fall down on face

+ ReWriting the source code every few months.

+ ALL Items you posses when you Die. STAY on current server @ Location, unless Ruined for 2 weeks.

+ Gaurd Dog(s) that will send you a text message if another player is detected around its position.

+ Rats

+ Bats

+ Bigger map by 50%

+ Platues

+ Canyons

+ Gorges

+ Cliffs

+ Impossible to reach locations (by normal means)

+ Unseen to locate (by normal means)

+ any inventory stashed anywhere will stay put for 2 weeks

+ To access a houses "inventory" and essentaily make a base out of any house you feel fit

+ Eating and Walking simultaneously

+ Growing Colorado Pot

+ bird Hunting

+ cricket and other other outside bug noises at night time

+ Same weather on all servers simultaneously.

+ Wind

+ Nudging or pushing vehicle thats in nuetral drive

+ WInd Storms

+ More immersion and camping survival content.

+ Journals-

+ Diary keeping its own journals in accordance to you're actions

+ Finding and reading another players journal

+ Allowing journal entries after finding a pen

+ Adding small drawings or maps or areas -so to speak (player hidden item caches)

+ Digging Fox holes

+ digging a grave

+ Placing individual server static Grave Markers

+ Climbing trees

+ Proximity alarms (tripwire attached to Cans with rocks in them)

+ proximity alarms (Cans with stones hanging from a ceiling with netting)

+ Nooses and Hanging (public execution or a warning sign to other players)

+ Player made Bolts for crossbow

+ tieing up players/zombies/wolves to the back of a vehicle and dragging it around

+ the common cold (sneezing or coughing at the worst possible time) (alerting another player or zombies)

+ burning other players at the stake

+ Bon Fires

+ amputations

+ Solar Powered Cell phones (not for making phone calls but for journal entries and/or hacking an electric lock to that military stash or taking pictures for end game story)

+ I just wanna use this space to press the opinion I have about the end game and the stroies players make with the game- A bit enphasis on this subject plus tools to make these stories attainable would be cool. ie pics fropm cell phones or drawings, journal entries to dates of entries and (what i am poking at here) game assisted journal entries (killed what and where/when) (broke leg where and when) (got sick, Saved a life (who, where, when, how) etc... Then once you die the client side computers will generate a draft of the journal in a story form allowing the player to read the story of his life ingame as a third person. saving it and or posting it to the forums if it was incredibly exciting life that player had...   This effect would definatly set DayZ aside from other video games of this nature and secure DayZ its place in the mantles of computer gamers everywhere. Hell I would just start roleplaying in game more just to have a killer story to read after I die. Im thinking this would be an outstanding DayZ feature and is worth thinking about.

+ tieing a zombie onto a leash or rope to make act as a sort of a gaurd

+ Restraining Zombies

+ attracting wolves with bait

+ Trapping a Wolf for purpose of a guard

+ Making Gunpowder

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Like 1

kopo79  2 hours ago 

killing(KOS) in dayz is too easy if look mental side.95% players are psychopaths.
if devs wanna more interactions and mature gaming,they must make killing(KOS) hard.

if someone have camp like this,its easier to kill the owner and take all the stuff.
only solutions what i see is:

Less guns
mental state
gameplay over realism(lock the door and cannot break in etc )

less guns doesnt need explanation.

mental state status.
after killing someone,you should bury the body....if you just take the stuff and leave the corpse rotten,your mental state goes down.
if you keep doing this,you become real psychopath and need of medication is constant(drugs)
you need to get medication everytime because of addicction.
so psychopath in in loop....kill,get medication,kill,get medication. on and on.
and if you dont take drugs,hallucinations,fake sound gonna make you even more crazy.
burying the body should not be easy as well...
digging the hole about 10-20 minutes in depressive rain and crafting the cross on the grave would make you thibk that is it worth it?shoot the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥...

I dunno about digging graves, but they should add a sanity level to the game... the more insane stuff you do (actions that are against human nature) (Example: Canabilism, Murder, Eating bad food, Standing in the rain, Running around barefoot, Not wearing cloths, Attempted suicide, Jumping from heights, Being AFK, Running around in the dark with no light) should increase this level till you start hearing things and seeing things. Taking medicine should slow down this handicap in the severly effected with no cure, but up to a certain point can be cured. Thats a good idea. Now to introduce it to the devs and see if they see it agreeable aand easy enough to add into the programming...  This would be an effective solution to people that run around on night servers with there gamma turned all the up.

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Like 1

is there on list somewhere sitting infected?
when looting some house,there could be infected sitting in some rooms chair just silently...

I still like the Idea of a mental health state of mind level...  This is a real-life obstacle after all... Some people can crack under enough stress or series of stress events and unlogical paradigms

Just as a reference point- EXCELENT JOB WITH THE NEW SOUND AND GRAPHICS IN THE EXPIREMENTAL BRANCH!  I AM THOUROUGHLY IMPRESSED!  Outstanding! AND the vehicles are working smoothly... Except that they get stuck easier now.. well the bus does. This game still kicks in Playerunknowns balls in means of charector movement and realistic limits to the human skeletal and muscle operation in physics... Only thing though,, You really need to make it where you cant turn on a dime (faster you run the wider your turn. and if you perform an immediate stop from a sprint you fall flat headfirst. and tripping on low obstacles instead of just clipping the avatar and making it come to a dead stop. These three things...  Phenomenal work gentleman!!!

Edited by Exxoduss
adding content

I just was recapping to this post and mentaly compairing it to the beta video I was watching.... The beta is looking great. and dont let these spoiled rich kids that have access to their daddies streaming software bring you down with the opinionated crap for rating sakes and there sad attempts of hiding there inward emotions of being inpatient bring you gentleman down... most of us that dont say anything at all understand what is involved- even though we dont speak and shout back we are here- dont let them pressure you and make you crack- U got something great going. do you very best and know you still have a ton of support!

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2