Exxoduss

76 - Possibilities list

I compiled a rather large list that I thought might trigger some means of quick implementation to the progammer to enter easly in the game code. (if their is a such thing)

Fire Alarms-

Cell Phones-

player Settlements-

Player Trade-

Player Bounties-

Currency-

Pit Traps-

Effects of alcohol-

Musical Instruments - (Please can I have a guitar to play around a campfire?!!?!)

Horses-

Underground Bunkers-

Caves-

Sewers-

Locking or Barracading Doors and windows- (would really really be nice)

Doors making Noises or squeeking- (need a can of WD40)

Guard Dogs- (Sit booboo Sit, Good dog)

Cigarettes-

Molotolve Cocktails-

Burning Down Houses-

Smoke Grenades-

Spray Painting Walls/doors with symbols-

Welding Iron Bars-

Cutting Down pesky weeds-

Breaking Furnature to remove or for sticks-

Lighting Fires in fireplaces-

Using Scopes as telescopes-

Overdosing on medicine-

Stabbing w/ knife for double damage-

Candy Bars- (I love my butterfingures)

Motion Sensors-

Player Made Missions- (complete a trade from one player settlement to another)

Expanding map via server- (Have to be at edge of map to switch servers to adjacent map)

Connecting a transmitter to a radio tower-

Household radios that can be rigged to recieve CB/tower transmissions-

Getting the train to work and run over players- (major fun)

Crafting Spears-

Tear Gas Canasters-

Blindness-

Dizzyness-

Injecting other players-

Torches-

Snow-

Thicker walls to reduce clipping-

Sleeping bags- (to log out of server) or (Spawn in location when you die)

Throwing knives-

BIC Lighters-

Colnman Lanterns-

Using Stove tops in Houses-

Breaking Arms & Hands-

More realistic running speed & Distances-

Smoking meat to preserve and taste-

Cannabalism-

Surgical Stitches-

Throwing rocks to create distractions-

Heat vision Cameras-

Snake Cameras-(like plummers use)

Survalance cameras-

Street name signs in cities-

Address's for houses-

Poison Ivy & Poison Oak-

Snake Bites-

Trench Foot-

Blisters-

Bamboo shoots or simular for breathing underwater-

Eating utensils-

Electronic repair kits-

Tool Boxes-

Tool Bags-

Nails-

Saws-

Cutting down trees-

Cook Books-

Skill Books-

Recipe Books-

Animal trails in forests-

Denser Forests-

Binochulars w/ laser rangefinder

I hope that you guys can implements some of these, just some suggestions, hopefully a few can be easily implemented into the game.

Added: 2/18/14

Binochulars

Laser range finder

whistle(s)

Airhorns

Fireworks

Barbedwire

Geese hunting

Karate

Stats page?

Mega mutant zombie that rampages from town to town

Graveyards where zombies rise from?

Mobile homes

Hand gliders

Moris code

Mobile gas Generators

Using spray paint and matches for makeshift fire

Sextants

Gang green

Burns

Uncontrolable shaking

Sneezing

Coughing

Stomache growling ingame sound (for player notification)

Random generated charecter hieght

Face paint

Apple picking

Exterior explosions

Lightning illuminating the surounding terrain

Gunfire illuminating the terrain

Tripping on loose rocks and low branches

Tripping other players

Filling canteens with disinfectant

Remote controlled helicopter w/ camera

repelling with rope

grappling hook

mountain climbing gear

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Like 2

Currency is usually something just for working societies :P

But if you got a can of tuna, I could trade you a few bullets... To the head :lol:

Priest outfit

Business suit (to role play as slender man around green mountain forest at night with a burlap sack on your head with eye holes)

Welding goggles

Black leather trench coat

Blow torch

• Like 1

Buisness suites.. Yeah that would be awsome! Kill players in style

I'm thinking a business suit may come one day.. It would look its best as "Damaged/Badly damaged" for sure :D

a lot of this is shit, to be honest, these are good: sewers, locking doors, throwing rocks to crate distractions. and i am adding taser to that list of good stuff. tasers would be nice.

Yes to all but:

Cell phones: No working towers/masts.

Things like welding, security cameras etc etc  would require a portable generator and fuel.  Would be cool end game type thing: Get fuel & generator for you base, find some security cameras, alarm, lights etc etc..

Edited by MadTommy

Keep realism in mind. If you want to put a bounty on someones head, you should have to do that by getting the word out in game. i.e. you could spam all frequencies on your walky-talky or broadcast to the entire server from the radio tower, leave notes, write in the sand, etc. Any would-be bounty hunters would have to do their own collecting btw. (Oh, i can see it now... mwuhahahaha..)

To aid in proving you actually killed the guy, identity papers or something similar would be in order.

If heat/cooking are going to be added into this, having a working stove top in a house is a cool idea (until it runs out of fuel). Adds some value to the random little shacks with nothing in them, too.

Connecting a transmitter to a radio tower

Household radios that can be rigged to recieve CB/tower transmissions

Fire Alarms

Cell Phone

Survalance cameras

No electricity in Chernerus.

Player Made Missions

Nonononono, Its a SANDBOX.

Are you sure becuase in night time servers there are street lights and you can shoot them out

Some of the ideas sounds interesting.

Welding irons bars would be hard as fuck though, unless you happen to be carrying a generator, petrol, an arc welder, and welding rods. I suppose you could conceivably make a fire hot enough to weld iron but good luck.

Cell phones would make no sense considering the lack of electricity means the towers are all down.

Heat Vision Cameras. Good luck finding FLIR in a poor post-soviet nation.

Currency only works if civilization exists.

Are you sure becuase in night time servers there are street lights and you can shoot them out

This is a hold over from ArmA 2, where street lights would automatically come on when the sun started to set (either that or were always on and we never noticed)

Welding goggles

What possible use would you have for welding goggles? (except maybe welding) Unless the tinted part flips up or you find some fancy pair of auto-darkening goggles it'd be worse than putting on a burlap sack.

list updated some, will come up with some more outlandish developer nightmarish additions lateron

Nice list. Can't wait for DayZ 2 in 2018 when all this awesome shit will be in there.

How 'bout binders that hold multiple papers. Analogous to the ammo box.

Pen protector to hold mutiple pens, maybe wrench and can opener type items as well. 

Mutilation? Should we be able to visually impair someone? Cut off individual limbs and cauterize the wound? As a player you come to some hard truths in those situations, and I think it would be very engaging. What if bandits caught me and cut off both my arms? I couldn't do most actions in DayZ. I'd be totally dependent on others. If I could survive, would I want to?

Maybe too controversial, but kitchen timers, lead pipes, kitchen chemicals, you get the idea. If base building becomes a thing, it might behoove a settlement to construct land mines around their base.  

There may be new opportunities for looting experiences wherein one might purposefully pickup and hide items to help keep the wrong combination of items out of the wrong hands, acting out of a sense of the greater good. I'm thinking about the hacker lust to nuke servers. As a true survivor, I say bring it on! Let em try. But in the game for real. Some bozo wants to detonate a homemade device in Downtown Cherno on a packed server, I say go for it. I like the idea that it becomes everyone's responsibility to keep a vigilant eye. Also that there are many levels of bad or evilness. 

Edited by PhilB
  • Like 1

Dynamite,

Poisoning food

Chainsaws!

MegaPhone

Nice list. Can't wait for DayZ 2 in 2018 when all this awesome shit will be in there.

How 'bout binders that hold multiple papers. Analogous to the ammo box.

Pen protector to hold mutiple pens, maybe wrench and can opener type items as well. 

Mutilation? Should we be able to visually impair someone? Cut off individual limbs and cauterize the wound? As a player you come to some hard truths in those situations, and I think it would be very engaging. What if bandits caught me and cut off both my arms? I couldn't do most actions in DayZ. I'd be totally dependent on others. If I could survive, would I want to?

Maybe too controversial, but kitchen timers, lead pipes, kitchen chemicals, you get the idea. If base building becomes a thing, it might behoove a settlement to construct land mines around their base.  

There may be new opportunities for looting experiences wherein one might purposefully pickup and hide items to help keep the wrong combination of items out of the wrong hands, acting out of a sense of the greater good. I'm thinking about the hacker lust to nuke servers. As a true survivor, I say bring it on! Let em try. But in the game for real. Some bozo wants to detonate a homemade device in Downtown Cherno on a packed server, I say go for it. I like the idea that it becomes everyone's responsibility to keep a vigilant eye. Also that there are many levels of bad or evilness. 

As Far as I am concerned- If you hand 50 different people a sentance writen on a peice of paper and asked them to write on another peice of paper what they thought that sentance ment, you will get 50 completly different answers... so yes and no.. I appreciate the fact that i can count on inspiration to trigger normality and easiest short bursts of added entertainment while taking the fact that yes all these single word aspirations if you will have a corny side effect.

I would like to have rideable trains..

model_train.jpg

Edited by ph4713w7

A fair few of these won't work or are already announced, no offence dude but you need to think about

I compiled a rather large list that I thought might trigger some means of quick implementation to the progammer to enter easly in the game code. (if their is a such thing)

Fire Alarms-

Cell Phones-Walkie talkies will cover this and ringing phone numbers is a bit silly; also, no power to cell towers=no network

player Settlements- Players will be making these, not devs, devs are already supplying material for base building though

Player Trade-This exists already

Player Bounties-Players will make this

Currency-This is announced already

Pit Traps-

Effects of alcohol-

Musical Instruments - (Please can I have a guitar to play around a campfire?!!?!)

Horses-

Underground Bunkers-This is being considered

Caves-This is confirmed

Sewers-

Locking or Barracading Doors and windows- (would really really be nice) This is confirmed

Doors making Noises or squeeking- (need a can of WD40)

Guard Dogs- (Sit booboo Sit, Good dog) This is confirmed

Cigarettes- Why

Molotolve Cocktails-

Burning Down Houses- Then all the houses magically reappear at server reset? No, loot coming back makes sense ingame as being redeposited by Survivors coming through the area, but buildings can't respawn

Smoke Grenades-

Spray Painting Walls/doors with symbols-

Welding Iron Bars-

Cutting Down pesky weeds- Why

Breaking Furniture to remove or for sticks-

Lighting Fires in fireplaces-

Using Scopes as telescopes-

Overdosing on medicine-

Stabbing w/ knife for double damage-

Candy Bars- (I love my butterfingures)

Motion Sensors-

Player Made Missions- (complete a trade from one player settlement to another)Players will create this on their own initiative, not a concern of the devs

Expanding map via server- (Have to be at edge of map to switch servers to adjacent map)

Connecting a transmitter to a radio tower-

Household radios that can be rigged to recieve CB/tower transmissions-

Getting the train to work and run over players- (major fun)

Crafting Spears-Already announced/confirmed

Tear Gas Canisters-

Blindness-

Dizziness-

Injecting other players-

Torches-

Snow-

Thicker walls to reduce clipping-Won't help and will also require a REHAUL OF THE ENTIRE MAP, no

Sleeping bags- (to log out of server) or (Spawn in location when you die) This isn't Rust and should not be a requirement

Throwing knives-

BIC Lighters-

Colnman Lanterns-

Using Stove tops in Houses-

Breaking Arms & Hands-

More realistic running speed & Distances- On the way

Smoking meat to preserve and taste-

Cannibalism- Classification issues here

Surgical Stitches-

Throwing rocks to create distractions- Confirmed when the physics engine comes

Heat vision Cameras-

Snake Cameras-(like plumbers use)

Surveillance cameras- These need power

Street name signs in cities- Does this fit with "poor ex Soviet farming community"

Addresses for houses-Does this fit with "poor ex Soviet farming community"

Poison Ivy & Poison Oak-

Snake Bites-

Trench Foot-

Blisters-

Bamboo shoots or similar for breathing underwater- Not sure Chernarus would have bulk bamboo lying about

Eating utensils- Confirmed, somewhere [it was in the mod so it will likely make a return]

Electronic repair kits-

Tool Boxes-

Tool Bags-

Nails-

Saws-

Cutting down trees-

Cook Books-

Skill Books-

Recipe Books-

Animal trails in forests-

Denser Forests-

Binoculars w/ laser rangefinder

I hope that you guys can implements some of these, just some suggestions, hopefully a few can be easily implemented into the game.

Added: 2/18/14

Binoculars

Laser range finder

whistle(s)

Airhorns

Fireworks

Barbed wire

Geese hunting

Karate what

Stats page?

Mega mutant zombie that rampages from town to town Mutagens make no fucking sense in DayZ; yes, the world has been hit by a zombie virus, but it would be highly unlikely that mutagens would hit the zombie population at the same time; mutation and viral infections are completely different things

Graveyards where zombies rise from? These zombies are viral

Mobile homes

Hand gliders

Morse code

Mobile gas Generators

Using spray paint and matches for makeshift fire

Sextants

Gangrene

Burns

Uncontrollable shaking

Sneezing

Coughing

Stomache growling ingame sound (for player notification)

Random generated charecter height

Face paint

Apple picking

Exterior explosions

Lightning illuminating the surrounding terrain

Gunfire illuminating the terrain

Tripping on loose rocks and low branches

Tripping other players

Filling canteens with disinfectant

Remote controlled helicopter w/ camera

rappelling with rope

grappling hook

mountain climbing gear

• Like 1

Karate... But only available for those who have taken the quest to find the hidden grandmaster.

I wonder how martial arts would feel given ARMA's engine. Uh, clumsiness...

Sweet reply bobotype3334  I like the spelling mistakes you fixed also... That was a collection of things gotten by a group of people during the time i posted it...  So not all of those "additional" ideas came from me... I appreciate the attentioned it has gotten from you.. I havent been on these forums for over 6 months and i am here today trying to find a post to qoute to some butthat on steam thats angry that dayz is developing other stuff and not fixing the zombies... wich is explained in the post I cant find.. (sigh) maybe place him in his place another day... then I saw this reply.. cool.. well hopefully some of them helped out of shaked someones aspirations of ingame content. . and hopefully u will find an easy and simiple solution to the wall clipping, becuase as of yet, it is the #1 thing hurting this game. (in my own opinion) In any case see ya guys later.. keep up the good work

• Like 1

fyi there are already underground bunkers. three of them by my count. one goes deep

Edited by Wookieenoob

Thats just like.. your opinion man.

There could be a million shit Ideas, but if one good idea comes from it then it was worthwhile.

I see more than one good idea though.

• Like 1

_removed by owner_

Edited by Exxoduss