jaggardos

Clothing Pockets (Separate the inventory slots!)

This has been discussed before and I'm a bit mixed on it but I am all for authenticity :D

I just know it would shit me to tears when in the field and shits getting desperate :P

SInce we talking about slots and realistic stuff. I wanted to see what you guys think about belts?

Add belt, you can attach holster to the belt and keep your handgun in it, or like in military you can attach canteen. Maybe in the future they can come up with pouch that you can store your mags in or something else.

What if there are different kind of belts? Old western belt could have only holster for pistol and you can attach 30-40 .357 or .45ACP rounds to it, thats it.... Or civilian regular belt that could only have holster attached and that is it. Military ALICE stile belt that can support holster couple of pouches (for handgun or rifle mags) maybe a compass pouch, canteen and first aid pack?

Lets take it to the next level (i'm dreaming over here) in the future they will come up with more shotguns. Tactical 870........ would have a sling that can have 8-14 12GA attached (not 8-14 different slots, just one slot that can take 8-14 rounds only). Or they have those attachments on the side of shotgun for 8-6 round to be attached to side of receiver or buttstock. FOr mosin it could be hunting sleave for extra round on the buttstock.

What you guys think?

• Like 1

SInce we talking about slots and realistic stuff. I wanted to see what you guys think about belts?

Add belt, you can attach holster to the belt and keep your handgun in it, or like in military you can attach canteen. Maybe in the future they can come up with pouch that you can store your mags in or something else.

What if there are different kind of belts? Old western belt could have only holster for pistol and you can attach 30-40 .357 or .45ACP rounds to it, thats it.... Or civilian regular belt that could only have holster attached and that is it. Military ALICE stile belt that can support holster couple of pouches (for handgun or rifle mags) maybe a compass pouch, canteen and first aid pack?

Lets take it to the next level (i'm dreaming over here) in the future they will come up with more shotguns. Tactical 870........ would have a sling that can have 8-14 12GA attached (not 8-14 different slots, just one slot that can take 8-14 rounds only). Or they have those attachments on the side of shotgun for 8-6 round to be attached to side of receiver or buttstock. FOr mosin it could be hunting sleave for extra round on the buttstock.

What you guys think?

Never mind guys. I found an answer for myself :)

YOu can tell...... i'm new :)

Good idea certainly would fix or atleast help fix the item damage problem.

Would better allow predictable item damage instead of the current random came all around

This is brilliant, I particularly liked how you split the backpack with main storage and the two side pouches. Really brings some immersion into the inventory system, makes us make "authentic" choices about how we pack our gear :)

And we should also be able to flip things, because irl I could put a makarov in my pocket easily, even if it is a 4 slot weapon.

The devs could also code the clothes and pockets so that only items in shot pockets would be damaged, because if I get shot in my left leg, the stuff in my right pocket wouldn't be ruined.

Great idea though!

And (if it's possible with the engine) we could have a system that analyses where damege is taken from and where it hits, and the stuff in the pocket closest will only get damaged. A more "dynamic?" damage to stuff thing :)

I just like the idea a lot.

Now you can have up to (approx) 12 protector cases packed full at same time.

As a semi hoarder myself, i would love to have these huge dilemmas what to carry and what i have to leave.

:beans:

Well argued and illustrated. Personally, I like this idea. I suspect that I may be in the minority, though.

I also liked the holster ideas. We need more options for holsters and, perhaps, 3-point slings. It also wouldn't hurt my feelings to be able to stash a huning knife in a boot. These issues have been mentioned time and time again, sorry!

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that a pen, paper, fish hook and can opener all take a full slot., but I expect that's the price you pay for the current inventory system.

What do you guys think about this suggestion: 
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164736-inventory-space-same-capacity-but-4x-number-of-squares/

I was going to suggest almost the same thing but I checked and there it was. 

Breaking a  slot square in four parts. How is it fine that a pen, paper, lockpick, can opener or some keys take all that space? I think that most people would just drop these minor - but important - stuff to fit a can of something because they take just too many slots..  I'd really like to listen your thoughts. 

Edited by icrush

Yes! I always organize my things according to where I would actually put them... Gives the game much more depth. I have no idea how to give beans to your original post, it will only let me quote it, but you have my support!

the devs have stated that they will implement rotation of objects, i think that this is the best idea that has ever been thought of in the history of mankind

Devs have mentioned, multiple times, being able to rotate items, so I don't think that's much of an issue as I'm sure they'll add that at some point soon.

As for smaller items, why not just make them stackable? For example, pens could stack in fives or tens, removing the issue of them taking up the same amount of space as a can of food, or whatever.

Guys, lets imagine full 3d 1-st person view all of your stuff, that u have on you. And if you need something from your backpack - it will take a minute to put the backpack on the ground and then open it and then SEARCH in the backpack the thing you need     xDDDDDDDDD     omg that will be mega hardcore