ananist177

[NEW] MODULAR MILITARY BACKPACK

198 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Modular Military Backpack?

Military backpacks are standard issue in the military, but in order to do this, they would have to implement fitness level, the lower it is, the slower you go with this backpack and the more your hunger goes up

No fitness fatigue, could relate to healthiness more than anything.

Unhealthy people must rest often, or they will throw up their guts, but not without warning.

Also, weight should affect speed full sprint might be a healthy mans with nothing's jogging pace.

This would essentially affect your ability to escape and fight zombies also, running in a group might be guard the guy with the pack while the others fight off the zombies, without instantly loosing their breath and running out of juice.

I do like, but it needs to be as rare as the coyote backpack(from the mod), if not rarer.

Two pockets should be just as rare as backpack, but also able to act as 2 spots into 4 storage containers.

Why should it be rare? Many military style backpacks have this function, hell my Bergan has this function, and if I wanted to find others with this function then it's easy as walking down to the military surplus store in town and picking up one of the many in their, or search houses, or go to the barracks, or go to the local schools and cadet buildings or the TA building, or maybe try my luck at one of the 4 outdoor shops for a civilian version, or if I wanted to spend a little bit more walking the I would go to the warehouse for one of the military surplus stores 1-2 miles from here. Edited by Kaxii
  • Beans 1

nice :D love the idea . Backpacks could be like the weapons - customisable and up-gradable with different attachments you can tie and put

Or maybe 2 seconds the deeper you grab into the backpack.

1st slotline = 2 seconds

2nd slotline = 4 seconds

3rd slotline = 6 seconds

7th slotline = 14 seconds

THIS.

This will make it into the final game. This is great.

• Like 1

more variety the better.

fuck yeah id rock that, and even just the side pouch with the strap looks cool on its own to wear.

These packs are a nice way to diversify the current ones, the varied ways to change 'em up are good too. The only issue I have is that these larger packs, including the mountain one should be rarer. I also feel that to add more challenge, all packs should have slightly lower capacities. Some of them like tha taloon feel a bit large. I guess though it'd get better later when we have better uses of things like cookpots and stoves.

A serious and well made topic.

You have my beans!

Main thing i wanna see is the shape of containers affecting their storage shape

The Smersh Backpack is cool..

but amodular Camo Mountain Backpack would be cooler right?! :D

Lets get more VOTES!!! :D

Edited by Ananist177

this is a good idea but aren't they already doing this?

this is a good idea but aren't they already doing this?

As far as I know not, sadly... ;)

As far as I know not, sadly... ;)

I thought that the SMERSH Backpack was an attatchment for a new backpack they are bringing in??

I thought that the SMERSH Backpack was an attatchment for a new backpack they are bringing in??

No

the smersh-backpack is only an attachment for the smerh-vest.

the new SPOSN-backpack just looks similar to the smerhshbackpack, thouhg 

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

No

the smersh-backpack is only an attachment for the smerh-vest.

the new SPOSN-backpack just looks similar to the smerhshbackpack, thouhg 

Ahh that is where I have got confused then  ;)

Yes we need modular backpacks. Great ideas mate!

Something like an Alice Pack would be nice too. It consists of a frame with shoulder straps where you can mount pack itsself or some bulky items like jerrycans, ammo boxes or a tent. My Idea: You can mount the packsack on the frame and carry the system as a normal backpack. Or if you dicide to carry a jerrycan with it, you can still tie a improvised courier bag to the frame to give some additional storage. 

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-40864295455031_2263_83827500

http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/alicepacksdeal.jpg

Also perhaps a "ruck sack" should be added. Most militarys have traditionally used one ment for a soldier to survive for a week or more. Plus chenarus is supposed to be a bit of a 3rd/ developing nation so their should be a lot of old military tech. Im a canadian and we still use our packs from the 60's ruckshttp://armyissue.com/catalog/images/bag-plcf82.jpg

As well as our moden modular ones

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8243/8519858134_1234f4b10d_b.jpg

So peraps we should see a new and old millitary pack.

Edited by uther419

Hell yeah, you've got my beans

There are some even larger backpack, my personal backpack is the tasmanian tiger G82 (i don't have the camo version of course), but still, there are 3 attachables pouches for this backpack, would love to see one of these in DayZ :)

and there is a compartiment to store a weapon in it.

%7Boption%7Dhttps://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2087/1558909911_b2bb911f9f.jpg

I'd much rather see MOLLE backpacks being implemented. Being able to find pockets to attach to it, perhaps US heli only spawns.