Sign in to follow this  
HumanDecency

Allow Whitelist, Password, NO KILL, Etc

My suggestion is that the rules in the terms of service for server hosts be changed to allow and support their exercise of control over their server in ways such as whitelisting, passwording, kicking, banning and allowing NO KILL policies.

It is clear that many individuals, groups and clans exist who desire to create a safe environment for cooperative survival play within DayZ, and many of them are currently renting DayZ Standalone servers in order to operate them toward that purpose, to the best of their ability, given the tools provided. I propose that the tools that could help them create the game environment they are striving for should be not only allowed but provided by the game, supporting server hosts' ability to run their server in their desired fashion.

The current ruleset is in clear contrast to the way that a considerably large group of server hosts and players would prefer to play. Keeping it intact is comparable to prohibition, and has shown to be equally ineffective. Given concerns about loot farming and other groups' preference to host and play under the current rules, perhaps a second hive could be created for servers who would like to exercise the aforementioned currently prohibited controls.

Thank you for giving this proposed change in policy your thoughtful consideration.

• Like 1

Search. This is already part of the developmental road map. Private hives are coming. The rules for current servers won't be changed.

• Like 1

Search. This is already part of the developmental road map. Private hives are coming. The rules for current servers won't be changed.

I did search but hadn't seen anything about that. Good to know. Until they are available I also propose these particular server rules be temporarily unenforced.

Pinned Confirmed Features post by Rocket

Server Management Options

Target Delivery: Ongoing

Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore" mode that will operate on a separate database, featuring things like first person only, no hide body, etc... In addition, we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database. This shard could be grouped, so that a group of passworded servers could operate on their own database. Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs.

• Like 2