Sign in to follow this  
cejota14

Survival Hairstyles

I got lost once, on a forest near my town. I was 11 years old and I was stuck in that forest for 2 days. I had long dreadlocks and had to move a lot, because I was scared and trying to find a way out. There were some rabid dogs around...one of them ate half of a couple of dreadlocks, so after getting away I decided to tied them up due to be more practical that way.

I'm a stylist, so I've seen quite a lot of different hairstyles. There's this dude who always cut his hair with me and he ask it short in case of a zombie outbreak lol

What I wanna say is that in some extreme situation as zombies trying to feast on your flesh trhoughout the countryside, some people will tend to cut their hair in order to prevent a rabid creature get a grab on it, but there's also people like me that would just get it thightly tied up. So when ALL THE IMPORTANT THINGS ARE DONE it would be nice to see some variants on character's hair. Here are some ideas

Female Cornrows

Female Dreadlocks  - The second image is the BEST in my opinion

Female short

Female side

Jill's hair

Male short tail

Male Cornrows

Male short

Male simple - In cause you're wondering, no...you don't need any kind of special product for this one, you just brush your hair with your hand and you're done

I MUST add that they have to be kinda short/practical hairstyles, this would not work (in my opinion) specially because of the modeling...maybe this one would, looks like he's benn in the wild lol

Edited by DayZ Girl
  • Like 2

I would like to see more customization in our characters myself. At the very least different face and hair choices for the different skin tones.

One thing I'm not a fan of though is clipping, longer hair styles tend to have that issue in games! >.>

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 2

So you suggest for the starting screen to have more customization options (including haircuts),or implementing an item like scisors that makes it possible for the individual player to change his/or othor people's hairstyle?

Wow, awesome hairstyles, they all look viable and acurrate, I love the cornrows and dreadlocks one...using cornrows myself I can tell they're pretty practical and are pretty much like reaaaaally short hair. Hope they add some of this when the game's ready :)

I would like to see more customization in our characters myself. At the very least different face and hair choices for the different skin tones.

One thing I'm not a fan of though is clipping, longer hair styles tend to have that issue in games! >.>

I think there's a character customization thread, this looks like hairstyle only, although I agree with you, would be nice to see more customization, specially to identify friends and different people withing a group. Clothing is not enough

• Like 1

What would be cool is disadvantages of having longer hair. Say you start with short hair, and gradually your hair grows and if you have longer hair then zombies are more likely to grab you or knock you over (like in The Walking Dead game by Telltale), then items like kitchen knives, scissors or pen knives produce different hairstyles if you cut them with it. Almost like the can opener idea, so better hair with scissors and worse hair with kitchen knives.

• Like 2

So you suggest for the starting screen to have more customization options (including haircuts),or implementing an item like scisors that makes it possible for the individual player to change his/or othor people's hairstyle?

I think that's up to the devs, but a customization menu adding all of this sounds good, but allowing to change other people's hair doesn't sound like a good idea to me, we all know how that will end lol

• Like 1

Wow, awesome hairstyles, they all look viable and acurrate, I love the cornrows and dreadlocks one...using cornrows myself I can tell they're pretty practical and are pretty much like reaaaaally short hair. Hope they add some of this when the game's ready :)

I think there's a character customization thread, this looks like hairstyle only, although I agree with you, would be nice to see more customization, specially to identify friends and different people withing a group. Clothing is not enough

I no longer have my dreadlocks, but they are pretty comfortable and practical as well :)

What would be cool is disadvantages of having longer hair. Say you start with short hair, and gradually your hair grows and if you have longer hair then zombies are more likely to grab you or knock you over (like in The Walking Dead game by Telltale), then items like kitchen knives, scissors or pen knives produce different hairstyles if you cut them with it. Almost like the can opener idea, so better hair with scissors and worse hair with kitchen knives.

This sounds like a pretty awesome idea, although we would still need a system to "create" hairstyles like dreadlocks or cornows, they could need someone else's help like with bloodbags? thread and hairbands for cornrows? this shit for dreadlocks? idk, but your idea is pretty damn awesome :D

• Like 1

i admit, i am one of those spending 2,5 hours in the char customization screen when making a character. my skyrim installation has atm some 450+ hairstyles installed.

so yeah, once core mechanics are implemented, i expect proper character customization.

as Dean is friends with the folks at CCP, maybe he could borrow from their character editor, which is pretty awesome

also: beards. braids and beards. and braided beards.

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

Oh, braided beards!!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  take 'em  :beans:  :beans:  take 'em all!!! :D

EvE char editor + shameles bump for my thread.. all ties in though  :thumbsup:  :P

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163367-deeper-character-creation/

pretty good character editor (never played EvE) whatever system they use for character customization is fine by me, I just ask for this kind of hairstyles to be added

I'll open up a hairdressers in Berezino!

I'll be your best costumer ^^

EvE Char Creation lookd too complex for this engine

EvE Char Creation lookd too complex for this engine

Did you see eve when it came out 10 years ago? i bet at that point nobody would have thought it possible for something like this as well.  ;)

hair should grow as our character ages, so we can have beards and long flowing locks. 

although more likely we'll all just look like hobos after a long life. 

• Like 1