antykain

New Patch Memory Leak: Possible fix/workaround

Well, I am sure many of you are having the issue with MAJOR performance drop since the new patch.  I myself have had this issue and after doing some research on reddit about have tried a few things.   I've fixed it on my end.

First off, when ingame, check your inventory.  Do you have any items with flickering textures?   If so, drop them asap.  Any, and all, flickering items.  As soon as I did this, everything seemed to balance out again.

Secondly, the M4.  If you have any painted M4 parts, remove them.  I had to do this on my M4 and replaced with unpainted parts.  Again, none of the performance issues/fps drop came back.   

Not saying this will fix everyone's issue with this, but it did fix mine.  Give it a go.  And please, if anyone has posted this, sorry.. Didn't see a fix as a main topic for this workaround. Post your results and any other options you have come up with.    Good luck!   :thumbsup:

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 16

I beleive theres 2 parts to this another is the m4 attachments

Yes, my bad.. You are right.  added to OP.  The M4 parts also may be at fault.  

Hopefully this will just be a temp fix until we get the hotfix patch.  :)

Edited by Antykain

I beleive theres 2 parts to this another is the m4 attachments

Yeh, I think it was reddit. A few people said the M4 buttstock. It's easily fixed once spray painted. However, you need to paint it each time you join a new game? Not tried this, so can't verify it.

Yeh, I think it was reddit. A few people said the M4 buttstock. It's easily fixed once spray painted. However, you need to paint it each time you join a new game? Not tried this, so can't verify it.

I repainted my parts in our MIA server.. everything stayed good.  Quit, rejoined my server.  Still all good.

I then joined 2 other servers testing it, and no issues have come up yet.  Seems to be fixed on my end,  :)

Just wondering what damage level are all the items with no texture maybe the damage texture for a certain level is missing ?

I hope i don't have to ditch my entire loadout to get around this (if i have it, haven't played since the patch).

Just wondering what damage level are all the items with no texture maybe the damage texture for a certain level is missing ?

All of the food that I did drop was either damaged, or badly damaged.   Can't confirm this was the issue.  My MP buttstock was prestine tho.

Edited by Antykain

now, that sounds like a possible solution. had a whole stack of flickering stuff in my backpack while experiencing the lag. As no other workaround did the job, I'm gonna give this one a try. thx.

I had 2 shotgun speedloaders that started flickering in my yellow box and as soon as I got rid of those and my yellow box the game was smooth for me and my friends that were around me.

Edited by Darkness Muta

Worked for me!! I had 2 snaploaders wich loses texture every second in the inventory, very easy to spot them. After i throw them away all massiv FPS drop and lags are away.

Mine was in a yellow box like Darkness Muta´s

Edited by DERLanky

All of the food that I did drop was either damaged, or badly damaged.   Can't confirm this was the issue.  My MP buttstock was prestine tho.

Cool well at least its not one damage level then if you had 3 different levels of damage all with no texture.

Should help narrow something down for the devs at least

Lets just hope the fix is THAT easy...thanx for info dude but noway im dropping my M4, it still got the blood of my victims. Ill wait for the official fix. kudos to you nonetheless ;)

Lets just hope the fix is THAT easy...thanx for info dude but noway im dropping my M4, it still got the blood of my victims. Ill wait for the official fix. kudos to you nonetheless ;)

Don't need to drop the M4 all together.  Just possibly the parts.  I resprayed the parts I had and all is good so far.  (knock on wood..)

I quickly tried to log in.

So far this is what seems to happen most of the time: After starting the game after a while, I tend to freeze up immediately. I then have to use CTRL + ALT + DEL to open the task manager and close DayZ. Upon restarting right away, I usually get the login queue to a server. After that, I actually get in and can play for a few seconds to about a minute. I quickly checked my inventory and containers.

For me, two things were "flickering". The M4 magpul (I think) stock and magpul handguard, both painted green before. I was thinking whether to drop or repaint it green when I froze up again.

I'll try spraying the parts again (green to green). If that won't work, I think I'd rather wait 1-2 days for a possible hotfix than throwing my M4 away :P

fixed it for me, got rid of flickering M4 buttstock and im again in my 60 fps :D

I don't have an M4 but this happened to me, didn't think to look for flickering stuff but i will when i log back in (thank god i haven't ditched my stuff yet).

I've had the bug. Bug, I don't have an M4 on the character I played when the memory leak/frame drop happened. I checked my inventory and nothing was flickering. The only thing I noticed is that the 40 round 5.56 mag was now sand instead of black.(didn't paint it)

I've had the bug. Bug, I don't have an M4 on the character I played when the memory leak/frame drop happened. I checked my inventory and nothing was flickering. The only thing I noticed is that the 40 round 5.56 mag was now sand instead of black.(didn't paint it)

Could be the mag then.. It seems the items that can be painted for the M4 may be one of the culprits, along with the other random items.  The items that were effected on my end, were items I did have in my inventory BEFORE the last patch yesterday.  All items I picked up post-patch were not effected it seems.

Confirmed. After loging in my MAGpul parts were flickering, i removed them and the problem went away.

Before i got like 4 mins of "play" with increasing lag spikes, till the game froze. Now all i notice is decrise in fps, probably due to weather :)

Thanks for the info !

• Like 1

Not working. :(

What items are in your inv?  Did you try to drop everything, then get a good distance away, and try to see if it helps?  Some items may not give the noticeable flicker that you have on you.  My Magpul items were not flickering, but the other effected items were (canned food in my case).  I dropped my whole backpack along with my M4.  Ran away, and it started to clear up.  I then went back, picked everything back up and started narrowing it down to the individual items until it was back to normal.

Edited by Antykain

Confimed.

I dropped everything in inv while running toward some zombies. I had only been able to squeeze about 20 seconds of playable time out of each session before I'd have to force quit dayz, so I was hoping that just incase It wasnt one of my items causing mem leak that zombies would kill me and I would respawn glitch free. Didn't see any flickering, had sks with pu scope, full camo, full ammo box, couple protective cases, magnum... took me 3 sessions to drop everything. Final session, running toward zombies I still had balistic helmet on and was trying to remove it, though it seemed like it was slowing to another freeze but suddenly BAM helmet was dropped and fps shot up just in time for the zeds to get a couple good hits in. I ran around looking for rags/bandages, but died. So either it was my balistic helmet or maybe it was all of it. Anyway been playing fine since respawning! YAY

Drop all your shit. You probobably don't even need to die :)

BTW THANKS! This was driving me nuts for like 20 hours.

Edited by BMonk

I think it's ok to fix yourself but if other players have bad items it seems to affect you anyhow.

I've screwed around with this a little bit.

I had 2 parts to the M4 that were not rendering properly, MagPull Buttstock and MagPull Handguard (both green)

I dropped these parts, replaced them with standard grip and buttstock, reset my server and seemed to fix it for me.

Then I went back and found new magpull parts (green again) for the M4, everything seemed to work fine.

I reconnected to the server and the MP parts weren't rendering properly and causing this issue again.

So I'd say stay away from the magpull parts for now, atleast the green ones, seems to be a problem with them.

I also had a can of SPITE that wasn't rendering properly in my inventory, I got rid of that too.  Not sure if it was involved but whatever.

Edit:  Forgot to mention.  When these glitched out parts were sitting on the ground they were causing lag whenever I went near them.  So if you get around someone who's causing your FPS to bottom out, they might have something on them that's not rendering properly and sucking up everyones video memory or something.

Edited by Wicced