fps_lag_fix

FIX FOR FPS LAG BUG FOUND!

Its also to do with pre patch gear causing problems

Bullshit.. I have pre patch gear and ZERO issues.

All this FPS drop crap and memory leak crap is BS.

If it was a memory leak EVERYONE would be having issues, and this is just not the case!!

• Crash: Game Crash when using FLUSH command

^^^^  This is likely the culprit.  FLUSH clears video memory when it gets full or has textures in it that are no longer needed.  If I were working on this issue, this is the first place I would look into.  Whatever they "fixed" with the flush command seems to have caused a different bug.

I had food items inside my yellow cases that had no textures on it. Same thing for the Headtorch, no texture on it. Only a mat shader.
I dropped these items an ran away and now I can play just fine like before.

I think there is still a memory leak tho that we just can't fix by ourself. FPS is a lot more stable but memory is still increasing at a very slow rate.

Edited by Lachance

....bad news....after fixing the flcikering last night i log on this morning to find them back again, i think think the problem is more than items and towns

just delete the entire folder and run around in an empty wasteland, kind werid seeing people going upstairs that are not there. 

• Crash: Game Crash when using FLUSH command

^^^^  This is likely the culprit.  FLUSH clears video memory when it gets full or has textures in it that are no longer needed.

Ah. So that's what the FLUSH command does.

I assumed they were adding toilets, realistic bowel movements etc.

But no. Not with this update, anyway.

Can't be.  I have NO weapon attachments in my inventory and nowhere near a town with items. :(

Still happening within 15 minutes.

EDIT:

Maybe Add beans to this.  I have 5 Cans of beans with ZERO textures

Going to drop them and try.

EDIT: Couldn't even get back in with them on my screen they're in a yellow protector case. 

EDIT: Got back in got rid of cans restarted my server so they would go away from the vicinity.  Going to play a bit to see if this does anything.

Be back in a bit!

No go. Didn't work like AT ALL.  Got to a horrible state quicker.

Look closer at your icons. I guarantee this is the issue. It worked on my computer and on my wife's computer which have two completely different configurations. It also worked on a friend's computer. I had a hard time tracking down the flashing of icons on certain items. e.g: the white hard hat. You could also be in the vicinity of an item that's glitched. it doesn't necessarily have to be on your person. Even if another character comes close to yours who has glitched items, it affects you as well. For the weekend I'd recommend experimenting with your friends to see if you can play together, otherwise adventure solo until Monday when they begin looking at this issue.

Update:

Game up on the items in inventory and me and Danger Ranger headed to the closest Gas station to unload a barrage of gunfire in a spectacular suicide.

Kind of wish you saw the explosion instead of just black screen of death but ever since respawn things have been great.

Kind of hit some FPS problems while running through elektro to get back to solnichiny but otherwise it's been pretty steady since!

I had a huge lag issue. It hasn't just a drop but it was going from like 25 fps to 3 fps back to 31 back to 2.... it was in waves. I then dropped all my "compressed" inventory items. Things like protector cases, med kits and ammo crates. The items that take 4 spots in your inventory, but can hold more slots within themselves. After i dropped these items and left the area my framerate was back to normal after running about 300 meters away. My game ran perfectly fine after this.

I had a huge lag issue. It hasn't just a drop but it was going from like 25 fps to 3 fps back to 31 back to 2.... it was in waves. I then dropped all my "compressed" inventory items. Things like protector cases, med kits and ammo crates. The items that take 4 spots in your inventory, but can hold more slots within themselves. After i dropped these items and left the area my framerate was back to normal after running about 300 meters away. My game ran perfectly fine after this.

same here, it was not the flickering textures for me, once I ditched my medkit and two protective cases the flickering on my M4 components stopped, went back to the server where I had left the boxes, re looted the medkit as nothing in it was flickering, went to the other server, flickering textures back on my M4 and completely unplayable, disposed of the medkit and went to another server, I will let you know if its fixed again when my punishment for being an evil nasty server hopper ends. Worked for a time, textures never returned on my m4 components bt they no longer flicker going to try re logging to see if that fixes the texture on the M4.

Edited by Franchi

Got rid of flickering items. Played for thirty minutes and the game crashes. Also, picked up items after server restart and they are now flickering. It has nothing to do with flickering items. If anything, the flickering is just a symptom of the larger problem.

I have edited the original post with a warning regarding the possible problems that might come about using this fix.

Thanks but you really should make it known that editing .pbo files could result in a VAC ban.

same here, it was not the flickering textures for me, once I ditched my medkit and two protective cases the flickering on my M4 components stopped, went back to the server where I had left the boxes, re looted the medkit as nothing in it was flickering, went to the other server, flickering textures back on my M4 and completely unplayable, disposed of the medkit and went to another server, I will let you know if its fixed again when my punishment for being an evil nasty server hopper ends. Worked for a time, textures never returned on my m4 components bt they no longer flicker going to try re logging to see if that fixes the texture on the M4.

Logged into my to my other account my regular character on that account has a bunch of compressed inventory items flickering textures on books and M4 components , and no real lag issues on the other hand my hardcore character on this account with fewer compressed items and fewer flickering items can't do anything......

The only commonality I can identify is that all of the characters having severe difficulty had damaged ammoboxes/med kits/storage boxes, but even that isn't solid as the one i dropped all those from still has massive lag issues, tho it CAN interact with loot/doors and kill zombies.

Alright I think i cracked at least part of it, something is wrong with the new damaged state textures on containers, items in these damaged containers or the item itself seems to cause lag, if it wasn't for the 5 minute timer I would try to narrow it down (probably would have solved it inside 20 minutes), but I have already burned several hours of gaming time just to get this far, Ill do some more checking tomorrow when I am less pissed at the "joining server in....) screen.

Edited by Franchi

While running about today Discovered flashing items are the tactical vest as well as the TTSKO Tactical Shirt.
If you have the yellow carry container DO NOT put food in it. the Beans lose their textures and also become buggy. My bullets and other items in it seemed okay.

The Beans also become unusable after putting them in and taking them out.

Frames went wonky a bit but once I dropped them and ran away it seemed to go away and we continued on Shirtless.

This fixed my crashing which forced me to shut off the computer...

Scope is messed up though.

Thanks

Edited by Thane

Drop your gear and run away from it...that is quite amusing.

Drop it, don't drop it, I don't give a shit. My performance is not suffering so it's not going to bother me any whether you are too close-minded to try something or not.

Edited by CS14

this sucks...it seems not enough people are having this problem to get a dev's attention...fuck it ill play dota i guess