alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

guess the SVU comes with a muzzle break and silencer so it might wait until they start testing silencers ha sorry.

Suppressor

Definitely. Rest assured that everyone on this forum agrees with you, and this thread won't receive any flak whatsoever. 500. 

• Like 1

Please no! This would delay the patch for about half a year if not longer!

There is nothing wrong with a .50 cal Anti-Materiel-Rifle in general but it would require:

• the weapon animation and model being implemented
  • ammo model and weapon sounds being implemented
  • the loot economy being far more advanced (this weapon should be ultra-rare)
  • a weight and stamina system being implemented (its a very heavy cumbersome weapon)
  • the weapon mechanics being revised (you shouldn't be able to use it reliably in non-prone position)
  • the prone-spin being removed/nerfed (to add some drawbacks to prone position and allow for more authentic flanking)

I also think weapons this big should not fit into any inventory slot (especially the magic rifle slot) requiring you to carry them in your hands - this would also apply to any kind of rocket launcher etc.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 4

how about adding a barret 50 cal new sniping wepon to the patch 50 

http://puu.sh/ckNPM/96385e4b10.jpg

What about a 14.5mm sniping weapon?  A 20mm LAHTI antitank rifle? A GAUSS rifle? A Star Trek Phaser? And let me guess you'd wan't these weapons to be weightless and come with infinite capacity magazines. NO!

I personaly think this would be an awesome weapon for dayz. It was used during world war 2 by americans along side the russians so there is a possibilty russians got a hold of them(just like the M1 Garand). It is the baby brother of the M1 Garand and predecessor to the M14 (which makes a cool addition to the family ingame). It is more light wieght than the M1 Garand or M14, uses .30 carbine ammo and has 15 and 30 rnd box magazines.

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine

Potential parts/upgrades:

Stocks:

Fixed Wooden Stock

-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/M1_Carbine_Mk_I_-_USA_-_Armémuseum.jpg/1920px-M1_Carbine_Mk_I_-_USA_-_Armémuseum.jpg

WW2 era folding stock

-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/M1A1_Carbine_tri_army.jpg

Rail Mount (to use m4 style RIS Sights)

-http://www.amegaranges.com/product_pages/images/carbineImages/m1carbine_hgm1.jpg

Modern Tactical stock (allows RIS Sights, Lasers, Flashlights)

-http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/sag_ebr_stock-tfb.jpg (picture is of a m1 garand but Sage does make one for the carbine)

• Like 1

I thought the m1a1 carbine was an American WW2 weapon, deeming it rather odd to find a weapon like that in Russia. Unless it's a collector's item. But I jsut cant really picture it being there

• Like 1

they devs already confirmed the M1 Garand, and i would not be suprised to see a M14 in the future, they are of the same family as the m1 carbine and US made. I know people in america have tons of russian made weapons (dont russians have internet? im sure they can get US made weapons). your right its not as common, but thats why you make russian weapons like the ak common loot and us made weapons like the M4, M1 Garand and Carbine more rare.

I thought the m1a1 carbine was an American WW2 weapon, deeming it rather odd to find a weapon like that in Russia. Unless it's a collector's item. But I jsut cant really picture it being there

Edited by Mizzle420420
  • Like 1

Let's make it really common, fitted with a 21st century rail system and make it a one-shot torso kill at 800 metres.

• Like 2

Let's make it really common, fitted with a 21st century rail system and make it a one-shot torso kill at 800 metres.

The m1 carbine fires a catridge in between the power of a .357 magnum (from a pistol, not a rifle] and a 7.62x39. It used to be common (militarily] until the proliferation of the assault rifle. I can't see why it'd be common when clearly superior rifles were around, but maybe in the apocalypse everybody took the AKs, seeing as they're so rare now.

Terminal boy, you seem to be a debbie downer. Nobody uses 21st century rail systems on it, you're not funny, and you british have this irrational hatred of guns. m1 carbines are somewhat common in the Us and can be had for as much as a GOOD ak.

I've actually been hankering for a good semi auto carbine in the game that's not an AK or an AR, and has a proper detachable mag.

The winchester .351 can be converted to fire .357 ammo, maybe this would make a better option?

Or just make the m1 carbine use .357, whatever. I'd love it. 

Edited by agouti

The m1 carbine fires a catridge in between the power of a .357 magnum (from a pistol, not a rifle] and a 7.62x39. It used to be common (militarily] until the proliferation of the assault rifle. I can't see why it'd be common when clearly superior rifles were around, but maybe in the apocalypse everybody took the AKs, seeing as they're so rare now.

Terminal boy, you seem to be a debbie downer. Nobody uses 21st century rail systems on it, you're not funny, and you british have this irrational hatred of guns. m1 carbines are somewhat common in the Us and can be had for as much as a GOOD ak.

I've actually been hankering for a good semi auto carbine in the game that's not an AK or an AR, and has a proper detachable mag.

The winchester .351 can be converted to fire .357 ammo, maybe this would make a better option?

i accually have an m1 carbine in real life and i use a RIS system with an eotech

Edited by Mizzle420420

Please suggest your weapons on the Community's List of Suggested Weapons

...Seriously, how hard is it to view the "List of already existing suggestions" or scroll down just a hair?  The community has constructed this list to prevent the clutter of weapon suggestions.  One centralized post helps the Devs count for the suggestions of players.

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

I may cast my vote, undecided yet.

While it is one of my favorite guns to shoot I'm just not really in favor of lots of American weaponry around. Things that would have been used to respond to the zombie outbreak are one thing but, I highly doubt there would be many M1 Carbines unless they made the case they were shipped in for police officers to use like a lot of pacific nations used to do.

Please suggest your weapons on the Community's List of Suggested Weapons

You already made clear that you won't add an M1 Carbine to the list so this phrase is kind of senseless.

On the other side while I do like the weapon I don't think it really fits the game. It doesn't match the setting (being an US WW2 weapon), uses an uncommon round (.30 carbine) and probably does not really fit into the loot dynamics. I think even if we wanted an American rifle of this type something like the Ruger Mini-14 would fit in much better.

You already made clear that you won't add an M1 Carbine to the list so this phrase is kind of senseless.

On the other side while I do like the weapon I don't think it really fits the game. It doesn't match the setting (being an US WW2 weapon), uses an uncommon round (.30 carbine) and probably does not really fit into the loot dynamics. I think even if we wanted an American rifle of this type something like the Ruger Mini-14 would fit in much better.

Actually it is not senseless Evil, read the post again, go on go ahead.

The post's purpose is to say post all your weapon suggestions in the future on the Community's List so that we can prevent the clutter of weapon threads.

Read more carefully next time and think deeper.

I did not say a single fucking thing about the M1 Carbine in that one post, however, you are correct that i made it clear in other threads because i watched as the community argued back and forth between it.  

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I personally would love to see the M1 carbine in the game. Especially if you could saw it down and then attach a foldable but stock. And America did help the Soviet Union during WWII with weapons so this is plausible.

I shudder at the thought, just get some Cx4 or USC or something. Anything as long as there's no Franken1907s.

Anyways no point having M1 Carbine: not great given setting, given setting gun uncommon, ammo uncommon, ammo only compatible with a few obscure and even more ill-suited and uncommon weapons, so... 

Mod it. Base game no.

• Like 2

I'm all for a M1 carbine that would be great.. I've always enjoyed the "pop gun" in games.. Apparently the garand has been considered anyway, I think I seen that somewhere recently.

I really dont think we should split hairs on different types of weapons considered to be added.. Some realistic attributes need to be sacrificed for the games variety.. who cares if it wouldnt be all over eastern europe :P its about variety I think..Even if it is a rare weapon. Dont get me wrong, i wouldnt agree with an .50 sniper rifle or minigun but the gameplay/variety should come first when it comes to things like weapons and items. Maybe if there was a few weapons that could use the same ammo(.223?) it could make the weapon more viable. the more the merrier in the name of variety I say

Edited by liquidcactus

Yes please, but not in Patch .50 !

When we have vehicles, then there is a use for it.

And with all that stuff mentioned: Weight, recoil, ultra-rare etc.

• Like 1