Sign in to follow this  
jonno.cowie

Fixing Melee

Just wondering if anyone is having the same thought but wouldn't it be great if melee was redone to be very smooth like example dead island or other great melee games like that and then just completely drop the amount of firearms spawning to make it even more i guess a survival game. For example to kill someone you have to actually face them with a busted wrench not just snipe them from 100 meters away. this is just a thought so i'm not forcing anything on anyone.
cheers  :beans:

THIS WAS MEANT TO BE PUT INTO SUGGESTIONS SORRY NOT SERVERS

Edited by jonno.cowie
  • Like 1

More dyanmic melee might be hard to do with the current engine--- I think I've seen someone say that before someplace, don't quote me on that.

I think the best place to start would be better damage values on some of the weapons.

As it stands it's either bring your fists or a fireaxe, or don't bring anything at all.

• Like 3

I think the best place to start would be better damage values on some of the weapons.

As it stands it's either bring your fists or a fireaxe, or don't bring anything at all.

Amen.

• Like 1

Added effects to less potent melee weapons could also change how the melee system works and make it more intuitive for users to acclimate to.

A good example would be to add a knockdown effect to the Baseball bat so that getting hit with it and not having it be a headshot doesn't mean you're left standing there for the still buggy pathing of zeds to more easily chew on you.

Or add armor values to the type of clothing you have which could impact the damage taken or chance of bleeding after being attack by tooth and nail of the zeds. An example here is the basic T-Shirt offers no defense, but picking up a raincoat would decrease the chance of bleeding after being attacked.

• Like 3

Added effects to less potent melee weapons could also change how the melee system works and make it more intuitive for users to acclimate to.

A good example would be to add a knockdown effect to the Baseball bat so that getting hit with it and not having it be a headshot doesn't mean you're left standing there for the still buggy pathing of zeds to more easily chew on you.

A temporary stun, knock-back or knock-down would all be welcome effects of various weapons.

It's not a big deal now, taking on zombies one-on-one, but once massive amounts of zombies are added... This will help make fighting multiple zombies both challenging and fun.

• Like 1

I'd particularly like to see knives and stabbing instruments get some sort of buff, they have ridiculously slow time to kills.

I could see a knife as having a faster attack speed, less range, less damage. 3-5 good frantically strafing slashes and stabs for a kill. A poor choice against Zeds, but ideal to fight players with.

Bigger heavier blunt weapons like crowbars, shovels, and bats might not be too fast at killing, but might be better for causing fractures and breaking bones.

But really...How am I supposed to be like the Joker and feel all the little...emotions... without a decent knife? :c

Edited by Rudette

I'd particularly like to see knives and stabbing instruments get some sort of buff, they have ridiculously slow time to kills.

I could see a knife as having a faster attack speed, less range, less damage. 3-5 good frantically strafing slashes and stabs for a kill. A poor choice against Zeds, but ideal to fight players with.

Bigger heavier blunt weapons like crowbars, shovels, and bats might not be too fast at killing, but might be better for causing fractures and breaking bones.

But really...How am I supposed to be like the Joker and feel all the little...emotions... without a decent knife? :c

I second this