Sign in to follow this  
antonioajc

Hardcore servers that contain regular server characters?

This is something unusual that I found. On some hardcore servers, you can spawn in as your regular character. I've had this with Vilayer hardcore servers. Could it be the IP, or something to do with the central database? Also, this too happened pre-patch.

Edited by AntonioAJC

No idea but I'm trying to figure this out myself.

Me and my buddy's normally play with 3PP:Off but with the last patch we ended up going to regular due to thinking the "hard core" servers were broke. As it turns out the "hardcore" servers use a different hive. I'm guessing that the "hard core" servers where you can use your regular character is really a regular server with 3PP:Off.

Now I'm just trying to understand do the hard core servers only save to that server or to the overall "hard core" hive. I just don't want to have to start fresh every time I log into a hard core server.

I can't stand 3PP:On in this game. It was great for Arma which DayZ is built off but it truly takes allot away from "this" game...

That and now the day/night/weather cycles work on hard core servers! All the noob's will be stuck in perpetual daytime Wahahahaaha. A scene straight out of Teletubbies. Enjoy your beach bandits cause bandits are afraid of the dark and everyone knows that. Lulz..

Edited by RyBo