raynor009

AK 47 or AK 74[POLL]

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the AK would like the see implemented first?

• AK-47
    • AK-74
    • Other [please specify]
    • Both

Which version of the AK would like to be implemented first? Why?

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

The real 47 model is quite uncommon, and often the 74 issued model is commonly known as the 47 as well.

74 (folder, the full stock version was rare in USSR formations) or AKMs (full stock or underfolder, which would be pretty common still in second and third line reserve divisions). I prefer the aesthetic of the AKM but either would be fine.

• Like 1

With the SKS, the 7.62x39 ammo is in game now, so it would make sense to add the AK-47/AKM to the game since it wouldn't require adding new ammo.

I chose the 47, mainly because both the ammo and a model exist at this point, but it is only a matter of time before we see the 74 aswell.

AK-74M and AK-74 first

AKM second

AK-47, maybe not at all

I think there should be a few more civilian weapons such as the Remington 870 12 Gauge (Planned), Ruger 10/22 (Planned), Colt 1911, Remington 1100/870 20 gauge, M9 (of course), and i think it would be interesting to have a lever action gun such as the .30-.30 Winchester ( http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/centerfire/336c.asp )

AK-47, maybe not at all

Why not? To me it seems like the most eastern European rifle ever!

Although myself I voted for the AK-47 I would also like to see the Romanian Draco Ak-47 pistol. It could be a smaller submachine gun that can be fitted in backpacks.

draco03.jpg

It would be ideal since it takes normal AK-47 mags and rounds. Not to mention is sexy xoxoxoxo

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 2

I chose the AK47 because it's one of my favourite weapons but the AK74 is already fully textured up and more or less ready to go so I think it's obvious which will come first...

• Like 1

I think there should be a few more civilian weapons such as the Remington 870 12 Gauge (Planned), Ruger 10/22 (Planned), Colt 1911, Remington 1100/870 20 gauge, M9 (of course), and i think it would be interesting to have a lever action gun such as the .30-.30 Winchester ( http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/centerfire/336c.asp )

I want a the lever action Marlin 336 in 30-30 more than anything in this game.

• Like 1

I want a remington 700!!

piss on the mosin

but 47 all the way.

for the ammo at least.

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 1

MP44 my choice also the ak grand father :)

Edited by dgeesio

You know what :D? I was thinking about WW2 weapons in DayZ just last night. I think the PPsH or Mp40 or other WW2 era weapons would be great actually. Also I think its time for explosives to be introduced. Maybe the player could craft some makeshift grenade or bomb or even a trip wire bomb.

If they add an AK i hope they remove the M4 or we're moving towards regular ARMA gameplay. 

The M4 doesnt really fit in with Chernarus, and it sounds like a typewriter. As scary as a baby's laughter.

Edited by Bunkers
  • Like 1

I want a the lever action Marlin 336 in 30-30 more than anything in this game.

It is a truly amazing gun, i own one in real life and it would seem like a good all purpose gun seeming that it holds 6 rounds you can put a scope on it and flip the front iron sight down and have a scope and a AIM sight kind of. The only thing bad about the gun is that it would be a less than 150M gun because the .30-.30 bullet is extremely slow compared to most guns, 728.472 m/s. but is a fun gun all in all. Reloading animations would be pretty cool to with the side loading and lever action. but we will never see it in the game...

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Both. We need lots and lots of Russian and Eastern European weapons. Western weapons should be very rare (left by UN forces perhaps).

MP44 would be so nice B) . I'd like to see the AK-47 added first, and I can only hope the MP44 makes it in at some point.

m4 is nice :), want HK weaponz too....mp5 etc...

tracer ammunition and granades pls ;)

Piss on the POS AKs give me and SVT-40

Loads7.62x54r from stripper clips into a 10 round detachable box magazine, more accurate and deadly than an SKS slightly less so than a mosin, accepts PU scope (actually it took a slightly different scope but this is dayz). And can mount a long range scope.

Let me get my hands on that smexy smexy 7.62x54r auto loader. It will change me, no longer will I be the nice book collector hiding in the woods, no with one of these I WILL KILL YOU ALLL!!!!! MUHAHAHAH!!!!

0015.jpg

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

You must mean Stg.44 which truly was an inspiration to Kalashnikov, although

Personally I would not want to have many WW2 weapons in the game, does not seem very likely.

Regarding AK's, I think that AK74 should be prevalent with some AKM/S thrown in the mix as well (they should be more rare).