Sign in to follow this  
Tizzle

The Unfortunate Tale of the Dumb Bandit

Hi.

Wonder why the M4 was gone then. Maybe he was nice enough to let somebody take it, but it somehow seems more likely to me that he took the M4 and split, then this other dude found your bodies at the wrong time.

Regards.

The M4 was gone because he hid the body.

I was able to identify him as the same guy that killed us because:

A. He was wearing the same clotches

B. He had my Mosin with all of my attachments on his person, which I was able to recover after killing him

The M4 was gone because he hid the body.

I was able to identify him as the same guy that killed us because:

A. He was wearing the same clotches

B. He had my Mosin with all of my attachments on his person, which I was able to recover after killing him

There was a scenario a few days ago when someone had met a person and followe them around.

He lost sight of this person, found them in a church, he knew it was the same person because he had the same clothes and gear.

Turns out it was an imposter that had stolen all the stuffs.

There was a scenario a few days ago when someone had met a person and followe them around.

He lost sight of this person, found them in a church, he knew it was the same person because he had the same clothes and gear.

Turns out it was an imposter that had stolen all the stuffs.

A very valid point.

But I'm led to believe (and I'm almost certain) that it was same person because he had the same gear. But the selling point was the character model (skin color). Both times (when he killed us and when I killed him) it was a black man wearing blue shoes. So while it's a very real concern, I'm fairly sure it was the same guy.

Seriously, there's friendly and then there's two armed to the teeth guys allowing someone to kill them with an axe.

I'm not saying you can't play as friendlies, I'm just saying, it's hard to be friendly, if you're dead.

Seriously, there's friendly and then there's two armed to the teeth guys allowing someone to kill them with an axe.

I'm not saying you can't play as friendlies, I'm just saying, it's hard to be friendly, if you're dead.

I told my friend to kill him after he hit me the first time. I guess he was being overly friendly. It was at that point that the guy began rubberbanding and glitching around. One minute he was up the stairs of the office, the next my friend called out that he was dead, and then i died without ever seeing the guy appear in front of me. It was only after being knocked unconcious and hitting "Esc" to see my surroundings did i see him standing over me taking my mosin (a contributing factor to me identifying him later).

Aside from not killing him after the initial hit, there wasn't much we could do in the way of protecting ourselves.

I personally would have gotten hit that one time, then painted him full of lead, then go and bandage myself once he's taken care of. That way at least if I die by not bandaging in time, I know he died too and hopefully spawned farther away from the area. I'll be friendly if there is no way to avoid someone but if you attack me you will die no questions asked. Ray ray should have shot to kill when you said he hit you with the axe.

"The axe-wielding bandit then charged RayRay, knocked him unconscious, and i could only watch helplessly as i was in the middle of bandaging. He then killed me as well."

"the next my friend called out that he was dead, and then i died without ever seeing the guy appear in front of me."

not sure if this adds up...

I personally would have gotten hit that one time, then painted him full of lead, then go and bandage myself once he's taken care of. That way at least if I die by not bandaging in time, I know he died too and hopefully spawned farther away from the area. I'll be friendly if there is no way to avoid someone but if you attack me you will die no questions asked. Ray ray should have shot to kill when you said he hit you with the axe.

I would have shot him right there, but we were in the staircase when it happened and i was in a corner, so i wouldn't have had time to pull out my gun without him being able to hit me a few more times, which would have killed me. I just assumed that my best bet would be to run and let my friend handle it once i was out of the way.

I guess it didnt work out that way though! :D

I would have shot him right there, but we were in the staircase when it happened and i was in a corner, so i wouldn't have had time to pull out my gun without him being able to hit me a few more times, which would have killed me. I just assumed that my best bet would be to run and let my friend handle it once i was out of the way.

I guess it didnt work out that way though! :D

I see. I think you should always have your weapon out already when searching through a town because you never know who could pop out from where and try to kill you. In this case you did the right thing but your friend was a little too forgiving. I've had bad experiences looting places without having a weapon out and ready.

"The axe-wielding bandit then charged RayRay, knocked him unconscious, and i could only watch helplessly as i was in the middle of bandaging. He then killed me as well."

"the next my friend called out that he was dead, and then i died without ever seeing the guy appear in front of me."

not sure if this adds up...

Dick Gumshoe over here

I think you might be taking this a little to seriously, buddy. All day you've just been criticizing every little thing i post. 

The purpose of this topic is for people to tell their own vengeance stories, similar to the one i was apart of.

If you have a story of your own, i welcome the opportunity to read it.

Well it stared off as a friendly discussion until you decided that because I had only been here 4 days that you were somehow superior to me.

On top of that you then decide to lie about my post content.

So to say that I have been criticising you is another lie.

The only reason for me posting here was to gain a better understanding of what actually happened, because the thread title suggests something that was contradicted in the OP.

Seriously tho, If you are going to lie, at least do it somewhere that does not record everything said e.g. internet forum.

Edited by Skyline-GTR

My first death in dayz...i was new in the game(noob),armed like a boss, m4 pistols ect.Was stealthy like solid snake.

Then i was shooting like a noob at the zombies with my magnum,a guy with the fireaxe hear my shots,he apeared and hided behind a wall(he thinked wtf is this noob doing,lol).I said to him,hey i see you there dont come closer or i shoot you...i see you...i thinked he must be scared of my m4a1 and will run away.(when i think back the best solution was OPEN FIRE trough the woods and kill em,basta).I maked a mistake and walked near him,not too close.He maked a quick run around,clak clak 2 slaps on my head and i was death and RAGING for the first time in this game but i didnt know that he cant hear me xD.

If you see a axe guy on distance,tell him to put down,eject the weapon or just let him run away.If he acts like a rat,kill em.If someone have a weapon/GUN listen to your instinct,every moment is a new moment...;).

I learned.

• Like 1

OP your story sounds quite similar to something that happened to me last night, in the very same place.

My friend and I, fully geared at this point, were looking around for something to do and we ended up near Berezino. The server restarted as we approached the city so we decided to bee-line for the office building to check for ammo and secure whatever weapon might have spawned on the top floor this time, as we like to reduce the number of firearms in circulation.

As we were hurrying to beat any players who potentially had the same idea we weren't being careful, we ended up with two zombies on us as we sprinted through to the office, my friend drew his axe to kill them on the stairs while I went straight upstairs to see what had spawned. I just got in to the room and saw an M4 in there when I heard gunfire and my friend called out "some **** just shot me without saying a word, I only had my axe out and I was busy with zombies or I would have killed them", I figured they were there for the upstairs weapons so I decided to wait in that room and kill anyone who came up.

Someone did try coming in so I fired, to their credit they immediately ran outside on to the roof and tried shooting me through the window, which I thought was quite clever, but my ballistic helmet saved me from their Mosin so I shot back with my M4 and got the kill. I left the room to scout the body on the roof but took more fire so I retreated back inside to maintain a defensible position, I heard a lot of footsteps and for a few minutes nothing happened until I saw someone out the window again, I couldn't get a shot but then I took fire through the floor/wall and was killed. I decided to announce myself on direct by saying "I got your mate, well done" and he responded "that was me, I respawned and came back to loot my body". Well played guy.

My friend and I thought it was over, but when I respawned I was right across from the same office on the coast. I immediately ran back un-geared, ran up the stairs and took out my fists only to find two guys sitting on the second floor, one was the guy with the Mosin and one was prone on the floor with an M4. I punched the chap with the Mosin in the head until he was unconscious and retreated in to the adjacent room, only to find I was face-to-face with a guy wielding a shotgun and the M4 guy had followed me in. There was some fire and I punched the shotgun guy in the face repeatedly and knocked him out, surprised that I wasn't dead I noticed the guy with the M4 had left the room (I assume he took the one from upstairs and had no ammo, though I am not sure what happened to all the M4 mags I was carrying unless they got ruined) so I gave chase and knocked him out as well.

At this point I was in an adrenaline-fuelled state, laughing out loud in real life at how easy it was to take out a group of armed players with just my fists in a closed environment, something I am familiar with because it's why I simply refuse to trust bambis any more. My friend was laughing his head off too, hearing one side of this exchange.

Trying to get some focus in all of the confusion, and surrounded by knocked out players, I figured I had best kill some. I was too pumped to realise that I should take one of their guns, instead I just started punching unconscious players in the head for as long as I deemed might kill them, I think a couple of them died but the guy with the Mosin came to and took a shot. He broke my legs and I was bleeding out but I stood up and knocked him out again. I took his Mosin, but in my state of excitement I forgot to take any ammo, and retreated in to one of the rooms in case anyone else was still around. I chanted on mic to taunt them in to looking for me. Eventually the Mosin guy game round again, persistent this fella', ran in and started punching me to death. I got a taste of my own medicine here. I tried firing at him but, as I forgot the ammo, all I got was clicking and the guy said "you have to take the ammo too you daft ****". Touché.

I fell unconscious and was certain I wouldn't spawn there again, so I decided it was time to open direct comms again and tell the guy "well done, you got me in the end, but I got all your mates". Unfortunately he didn't seem as amused by the whole thing as I was, he accused me of cheating and said "we would have killed you easy but you were invisible". I started laughing and told him I must have been desynced or something because I certainly wasn't using any cheats, but he insisted I was invisible and cheating and started calling me all manner of disgusting names. I laughed and told him what I thought of his attitude and respawned before calling it a night.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1