Sign in to follow this  
TedZ

DayZ Standalone Weapon Guide

Assault Rifle

LnHDlVf.png

The M4A1 is the flag-ship Assault Rifle for the DayZ Standalone.

It’s compatible with the majority of weapon attachments in the game at the moment.

Ammunition and Magazines are fairly common.

Found in military areas such as barracks, hangars and control towers.

Attachments:

ACOG Optics

B9sA5Ly.jpg

The Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) was designed originally for M16-based weapon systems, including the M4.

It is a very effective scope for long range firefights due to both its built in range markings and zeroing up to 600 meters.

Found in military spawns, especially hangars and tents.

Buttstock MP

FsyZvSN.jpg

The MAGPUL Buttstock MP is an optional stock for the M4.

When attached, it decreases dispersion at long ranges, making it easier to land follow up shots.

Found in military spawns, especially tents.

ATLAS Bipod

6IsZ8gZ.jpg

The ATLAS Bipod can be attached to both the Mosin-Nagant and the M4A1 with any installed handguard.

When deployed, the bipod significantly reduces scope sway while prone, making it much easier to take long range shots. To deploy it, right click it with your inventory open and select “Deploy Bipod.”

Often found in military spawns, especially tents, but has been occasionally spotted in residential spawns as well.

BUIS Sight 

m6i7U8S.jpg

The BUIS sight replaces the standard carryhandle sight for the M4 and is the only other iron sight for the 5.56 rifle currently in game. It offers substantially more visibility than the standard sight by virtue of being basically a straight post in the rear of the weapon. Found in military spawns, especially tents.

Buttstock CQB

lzQp5yv.jpg

The CQB Buttstock is a smaller stock for the end of the M4.

It increases player turning rate while indoors, making it easier to maneuver around corners with the rifle shouldered and ready to fire. However, it also increases the dispersion (spray) of the rifle at range.

Flashlight 

HrbEbs5.jpg

The flashlight attachment can be attached to the M4, only after attaching an RIS handguard.

It requires a battery to operate, and must be turned on from the inventory while attached to the M4.

Handguard MP

horoshl.jpg

The MAGPUL Handguard MP is an optional handguard for the M4 rifle.

It does NOT allow for the attachment of the weapon flashlight, but it can be used with the ATLAS Bipod.

Can be found in both Black and Green variants.

Found in military spawns.

Handguard RIS 

2hRRhGz.jpg

The RIS Handguard is a handguard attachment for the M4.

Notably, it is required in order to attach a weapon flashlight.

M4 Buttstock OE 

Fw5EnaK.jpg

The M4 butt-stock OE is the standard stock for the M4 rifle.

Found already attached to M4 rifles, which are located in military spawns, especially Air Traffic Control towers, Admin Buildings, and Barracks.

M4 Carryhandle Optics

psD0koI.jpg

The M4 Carryhandle is the default sight for the M4 rifle.

Zeroing up to 300 meters is possible, and the sight itself is found already attached to M4′s when they spawn.

M68 CompM2 Optics 

nUlpoE4.jpg

The M68 CompM2 is a red-dot sight for the M4 rifle. It is one of two red-dot sights for the M4 currently in game.

Like it’s counterpart the T3N RDS, the M68′s effectiveness is greatly dependent on its condition, with damaged sights having significant scratches on the lens surface.

Rarely found in military spawns, especially hangars and tents.

M9A1 Bayonet 

Yn1OCKw.jpg

The M9A1 Bayonet is a melee weapon and attachment for the M4.

It can be held in hands as a melee weapon (albeit a rather weak one), or attached to an M4 rifle.

It can also be used to open sealed cans of food, however it does spill some of the contents when opening.

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to stab someone with the weapon while attached to a rifle.

Suppressor

yX4sqXr.jpg

The Suppressor is an attachment for the M4 that is designed to suppress the volume and flash intensity of fired shots.

It does not currently work as intended, and at this time does not silence shots from the M4.

T3N RDS Optics

pOb6rid.jpg

The T3N RDS is a red-dot sight for the M4 rifle. Alongside the M68, it is one of two red-dot sights currently in game.

The effectiveness of the T3N RDS depends strongly on it’s condition, as a damaged sight will have significant scratches on the surface of the lens.

Rarely found in military spawns, especially hangars and tents.

Bolt Action Rifle

1HCgp8X.png

The Mosin is a 7.62 bolt-action rifle.

In contrast to the more common M4, the Mosin can kill or incapacitate even full health players in one hit. It also is the longest-ranged weapon in the game, able to shoot effectively up to an outrageous 800 meters with the Long-Range Scope.

Found in residential areas such as hospitals, schools, and some houses.

Attachments:

M91 Bayonet 

W2EoBOn.jpg

The M91 Bayonet is a melee weapon and attachment for the Mosin.

It can be held in hands as a melee weapon (albeit a rather weak one), or attached to a Mosin Nagant.

It can also be used to open sealed cans of food, however it does spill some of the contents when opening.

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to stab someone with the weapon while attached to the Mosin.

ATLAS Bipod

6IsZ8gZ.jpg 

The ATLAS Bipod can be attached to both the Mosin-Nagant and the M4A1 with any installed handguard.

When deployed, the bipod significantly reduces scope sway while prone, making it much easier to take long range shots. To deploy it, right click it with your inventory open and select “Deploy Bipod.”

Often found in military spawns, especially tents, but has been occasionally spotted in residential spawns as well.

Long Range Scope 

MmlrW2s.jpg

The Long-Range Scope is one of two scopes for the Mosin-Nagant, the other being the PU Scope.

It is the furthest range sight in the game, zeroing up to 800 meters. This is roughly the distance from the Balota airstrip to the Apartment Buildings behind Chernogorsk.

It is rarer than the other sights, and can be sporadically found in military spawns, especially hangars and tents.

PU Scope 

MPSkvkg.jpg

The 3.5x PU Scope is a sniper scope of Soviet manufacture for the Mosin-Nagant.

The PU scope is relatively common, arguably even more common than the Mosin-Nagant rifle itself.

Can be found in any type of spawn, but is most often found in military buildings.

Mosin M44 Compensator

An attachment designed for the Mosin Nagant Rifle, it significantly increases accuracy of the rifle by reducing rifle rise. It’s unsure how much of an effect this attachment currently has.

Melee

Baseball Bat

UKmWqxV.png

Finally making your Zombie home runs a reality, the baseball bat brings a reliable, silent alternative to your cache of weapons. Whether ammunition conservation is of concern or you’re purely on an Earthbound nostalgia kick, keep an eye out for this tried and tested method of Zombie disposal in your early hours post-spawn.

Crowbar

VvnaI2E.png

The crowbar is effective, silent and deadly. Aim for the head for maximum effect. This is a much weaker melee weapon than an axe but it should keep the zombies at bay until you find something better. It’s thought that in the future the crowbar will also be used to force things open.

Firefighters Axe

i8CD83r.png

Currently speculated to be the best melee weapon in the game, the swing of your shiny new axe is dictated by the gestures you make using the mouse allowing all crazies to let loose from the comfort of their own man-caves.

Pipewrench

YFHcr6t.png

The utility aspect of this handy weapon is yet to be confirmed, but the effect it’ll have on players faces however will most likely speak for itself.

Splitting Axe

3Os5Agb.png

Adding another silent takedown for all the survivor assassins out there, this new axe doesn’t care whether its splitting logs or skulls.

Pistol

Cz Pistol

u3KyRHO.png

[Confirmed but not in game yet]

The Cz Pistol is powerful semi-automatic pistol made in the Czech Republic. It is popular throughout the world and known for it’s quality and versatility, while being reasonably priced. It is unclear at this point which attachments will be compatible with the Cz Pistol.

FNX 45

Nc2FmQY.png

The FNX seems to be the only pistol in the game at the moment. It’s commonly found at military encampents like the encampments in Zelenogorsk, Stary Sobor and the Military Airfields.

The .45ACP ammunition is hard to find and it’s even harder to find a magazine to place the ammunition in. Single rounds cannot be chambered in this pistol. It can be placed in a chest holster to free up 4 spaces in your inventory.

Attachments:

FNP45 MRD Sight 

lJx9puo.jpg

The FNP45 MRD is an optical sight for the FNX45.

It is exceedingly rare, but adds a red-dot sight to the .45 pistol.

Rarely found in military spawns, possibly only found in tents.

Pistol Flashlight 

BPH9Qer.jpg

The pistol flashlight is an attachment which can be fitted to ant pistol with an underside tactical rail mount. You must attach a battery before you can toggle the flashlight on and off.

Suppressor 45ACP 

F3W403l.jpg

An attachment designed for the 45ACP – this is used to suppress the noise generated by firing your weapon. The functionality of this weapon has not yet been implemented – therefor it has no effect apart from making your weapon look considerably longer, and cooler.

Magnum .357

Umj8FW5.png

The Magnum .357 was added in the latest patch (0.30), there were some issues with spawning – however this has now been fixed and the spawn rate has been increased significantly.

The ammunition, like the other pistols in the game is fairly rare. You do not need a magazine for the .357 Magnum.

Found in military areas such as barracks, hangars and control towers.

Attachments:

.357 Speed Loader

5FZl4mT.jpg

The .357 Speed Loader is an item to increase the reloading time of the .357 Magnum. While not technically an attachment, in the game it attaches to your weapon.

Pump-Action Shotgun

Remington 870

DtvUyAp.png

[Confirmed but not in the game yet]

The Remington 870 is a U.S pump-action shotgun, used all over the world by law enforcements and military organisations. It’s on of the best-selling shotguns in history.

Semi-automatic Rifle

Ruger 10/22

GWhNTfy.png

The Ruger 10/22 is a new addition to DayZ Standalone – It’s a semi-automatic Rifle, popular with game-hunters due to it’s ease-of-use, low recoil and inexpensive rounds. There are no confirmed Weapon Attachments for this gun yet, however we can assume that both the ACOG and Ironsight Scope will be compatible.

SKS

VHApj9V.png

[Confirmed in Game]

The SKS (Samozaryadnyj Karabin Simonova = Simonov Self-loading Carbine) is a gas operated, magazine fed, self-loading weapon.

SKS is fed from the integral 10-rounds magazine, which could be loaded from the top through the open bolt by loose cartridges or by using special 10 rounds stripper clips

In general, the SKS is an excellent all-around weapon that offers slightly longer range and better accuracy than an AK-47, but, for military use, lacks the magazine capacity and selective-fire capabilities.

Confirmed Attachments: SKS Bayonet

Shotgun

IZH 43

BlWvRgJ.png

A short barrel classic side-by-side hunting shotgun produced by the Russian Firearms manufacturer Izhevsky Mechanichesky Zavod, well known throughout the world, under the trademark Baikal. It’s excellent balance ensures convenient and quick aiming.

The Sawn Off version of this weapon can be acquired by using a hack saw on the regular IZH-43.

Attachments:

r3uikOs.jpg

The 12 Gauge Snap Loader is used to decrease the reload time of the IZH 43 Shotgun.

I do not take full ownership of this guide, i asked Bandito, the owner of this guide to see if i could use it, he said yes and it'd be great for others to see

Edited by TedZ
  • Like 25

Crossbow (Due to come into the game)

XCYfkcp.jpg

The crossbow is an incredibly efficient, silent, and powerful weapon. It’s re-usable ammunition makes it the perfect post-apocalyptic weapon, however it was considerably under-used in the DayZ Mod. We will have to wait and find out if the implementation of the compound crossbow in Dayz Standalone makes it more of a desired weapon

B95
aBk1gOP.jpg
The B95 ‘Hunting Rifle’ is an ‘Over & Under’ rifle, meaning it has two barrels, one on top of the other. Many OU Rifles have one larger barrel and a smaller barrel, meaning they can fire two different types of rounds but this particular model fires two of the same rounds, specifically the 7.62 round – the same as the Mosin-Nagant. There is a Snaploader already in the game for this rifle to decrease the reload time, and it’s thought that a suitable long range scope will eventually be added also.

Combat Knife:
q9vkGU1.jpg
The Combat Knife is a recent addition to the game. The length of this knife means it has a very short range however it’s use in combat seems to be comparable at least to the splitting axe. Further tests are needed before we can properly judge where the combat knife sits in terms of damage.

Chainsaw

HtfvCwB.jpg

[NOT YET IN-GAME]
The Chainsaw was confirmed for DayZ long ago, with images of it even showing up in the official DayZ trailer made by Dean Hall himself. It is not yet in-game, and the mechanics of how the chainsaw works are not yet known.

Commented Posts

Snaploader for B95

Spoiler

4VZ8M9Q.jpg

SKS w/ PU-Scope

Spoiler

xQ1sRau.jpg

SKS w/ PU-Scope

Spoiler

Uwff4VM.jpg

Updated!! 

Took time to add more information and valuable pictures!

Edited by TedZ
  • Like 7

Cool man! Really useful guide!

• Like 1

Thanks, i'll update it with new things when new things launch :)

• Like 1

He also included guns that are in the experimental stages, SKS, ruger etc.

Good stuff, but don't forget the Snap Loaders for the shotty :D

Done, added thanks!

Is the ruger already in? since when?

The Ruger is not in, i cannot be sure but i'm pretty sure it'll be added.

Edited by TedZ

FNP45 MRD Sight is so legendary to find :D

Ruger 10/22 Doesent exist in SA for now....

SKS is from today ingame wohoo - best option for me  (attachments: bipod and long range scope and some new scope just for SKS)can be found in residental areas such as hospitals, schools and some houses (house with piano) and in barns

Edited by HrkiGV

FNP45 MRD Sight is so legendary to find :D

Ruger 10/22 Doesent exist in SA for now....

SKS is from today ingame wohoo - best option for me  (attachments: bipod and long range scope and some new scope just for SKS)can be found in residental areas such as hospitals, schools and some houses (house with piano) and in barns

Thanks, from my knowledge i think the Ruger is going to be in the game, i cannot be sure but i'll remove it from the list if i get no more further information, and by the way i have a MRD sight for the FNX45 right now :D

Thanks, i updated it with some more information, will try to up date it much as i can.

You have the picture of the default plastic handguard for the M4 instead of the magpul one :)

Sweet! Like the pictures.

Right now my fav weapon is the Mosin (not molson beer) with long range scope/bi pod and the firemen's axe for pesky zombies one hit and their gone!

I prefer having the long reach of a sniper rifle then the M4 and just use a pistol when clearing rooms. I would love to see the M16 added, m4 is a shortened version the works great for close up fight but lacks range I desire.  Mosin I can also find out side of the airstrips/bases which is a plus. So if I'm a fresh spawn I can arm my self, then go to the airstrip/mil base. Vs going un-armed which is not good lolol

Edited by CJFlint

Sweet! Like the pictures.

Right now my fav weapon is the molson with long range scope/bi pod and the firemen's axe for pesky zombies one hit and their gone!

I prefer having the long reach of a sniper rifle then the M4 and just use a pistol when clearing rooms. I would love to see the M16 added, m4 is a shortened version the works great for close up fight but lacks range I desire.  Molson I can also find out side of the airstrips/bases which is a plus. So if I'm a fresh spawn I can arm my self, then go to the airstrip/mil base. Vs going un-armed which is not good lolol

Lol.. it's MOSIN, not MOLSON (wtf?)

i was wondering why he would put a scope on a Canadian beer.

Ops ha ha Edit time

Edited by CJFlint

Mosin doesn't spawn in hospitals

Yes it does, i've seen 3. Two of them in the same building. 

A few notes:

The speedloader decreases the loading time, not the other way around. It also allows you to reload the revolver and shotgun by hitting R, as many times as you have filled speed loaders in your inventory.

A 3,5x sight is not a "sniper scope", it's just an optical sight.

The long-range scope for the Mosin-Nagant is the only scope that has an extra zoom level (activated by looking through the scope, then holding down the right mouse button) right now. 

I wouldn't call the CZ-75 (or any pistol/revolver) "powerful". In any case, the CZ isn't as powerful as a .357 magnum revolver or a .45ACP pistol. But handguns in general aren't regarded as powerful, if you really want to hurt someone, you use a rifle.

You can swing your mouse around all you want, there are no "mouse gestures" in DayZ, and your axe swings the same way every time no matter what you do.