Sign in to follow this  
bigchocolate

Dev side suggestion

This is just a simple suggestion from my opinion from building environment's, SmartAI's, character building,

Every game has perk'sand plus's that add that special something to hook a player, this game has one addicting feature which is the ability to survive, and see how long you can last.

From emulating game's, i understand the process to building a decent to outstanding game, and the amount of time and hard work put into it.

The main things ive noticed about the dayz mod is, the view distance is over the top and completely unnecessary, i dont need to see that far into the distance such as seeing a mountain top, yet being unable to actually make out whats up there, (this is not involving the scope mod's for weapon's) Having that far a distance to view, cause's more fps strain then needed, and could make players want to spend less time on dayz, also from what ive found is if your in a sprint u can run threw object's such as fences, door's ive even got inside rooms that weren't accessible. Also the AI for the zombie's are a little crazy, i spent atleast 5 minutes trying to knock a zombie out with a axe (i was hitting in the head), so maybe tone down the zombie's health since in real life that shit would be easy to kill if it was a single zambie, also the movement maps for the zambies are really chopped in my opinion, the AI doesnt register buildings or objects, which wouldnt be to hard of a fix if u take a certain amount of buildings like 10, rewrite the AI script to understand what walls he cant go threw, Also, a nice addition to add as an item is to make a compass that can be equiped to the hand and viewed when you put your fists up,(unless there is one and im just dumb as hell) another thing is the sun, imo i think it should raised higher since u get a gnarly glare even if u dont look at it directly, diving mechanics should be implemented. also alot of the time when u die and chose to respawn u just sit at a black screen.

This kinda turned into a suggestion/bug report, but i think what i stated would be helpful, if u dont like it, thats a you problem, not a me problem

i have more things to write about but im tired,

PS also reduce fall damage, i fell maybe 1.5m -1.7m and i died, kinda bullshit but maybe cause bleeding cause i landed on my feet so the worst thing i could see happening is a leg fracture, or in these game mechanics, some bleeding