Hexxalot

Fists are overpowered

Fists  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are fists overpowered?

• Yes.
    • No.

I for one am sick of getting knocked out in one punch to the head after spending countless hours getting the best gear, am i the only one tired of this?

The only reason you would be getting knocked out by fists is if you were on the coast, Why would you be on the coast when you're fully geared? Doing some freshspawn hunting?

I personally think they are and aren't. Fists shouldn't knock out in my honest opinion, it should be like a 15% chance to knock out with  every hit imo. But they do no damage also.

• Like 1

No, they aren't over powered. In fact look up "King Hit Death" and you will find possibly hundreds of news articles on the subject. This is the reason behind the "One punch can kill" PSAs and seminars which are put all over TV, Radio, Newspapers and our High schools in this wonderful land down under.

I totally agree! They knock you down with one hit - exept you wear a stupid motorbike helmet (but nobody with any kind of style or sense for camoflage would do that).

It really motivates fresh-spawned guys to fight well-armed guys, which makes them shooting everyone at the coast, which is - I don´t really have to say - just shit!
I like to go down the coast and help newbies with some supplies or answers, but the fists make me to stay with at least two other guys covering me :(

If you're getting KO'd "after spending countless hours getting the best gear" then you're doing something horribly, horribly wrong.

• Like 6

if there is a chance of knochout its ok, but only if you are not wearing any protective head gear...

dont let people you dont know and cant trust get near you.... i always keep my distance. And if someone sneaks up to you its your fault in the end.

PS: but i would like to see an option do defend yourself (raise your arms/hands to your face) ...

Edited by Sonic-NKT

exept you wear a stupid motorbike helmet (but nobody with any kind of style or sense for camoflage would do that).

Lay off the bubble helmets, bub! The green actually provides decent camo. To whit ... here is my "Where's Waldo" pic:

SCMhoUk.jpg

I think they should be less powerful too. Yes, there are ways to knock down someone on one hit, but first of all not many can do this and second the melee system is not realy advanced and in real life you would try to defend yourself and block the hit.

I think they should be less powerful too. Yes, there are ways to knock down someone on one hit, but first of all not many can do this and second the melee system is not realy advanced and in real life you would try to defend yourself and block the hit.

Not if it was a surprise punch.

Punch is definitely not overpowered, but I can see why some players would do their best to try and make it look that way. It must be so humiliating for an armed player getting punched out by that unarmed guy you are trying to murder.

• Like 1

I think the whole idea of this KO punch is that you have to be running to achieve the one hit knockout , it doesn't happen often when someone's just constantly pinching you , because if you have any sense you should have run away after the first punch to the head haha. But I've always wanted them to add a drop kick feature or a tackle move instead of having the punch be a knockout , that way you can still fight with your fists but could use this tackle or drop kick move to knock someone down , it's tricky to put something like that in I'm sure but would defly be better than the KO punch

If you jack someone in the fucking head hard enough, they will fall over. 

• Like 1

There under powered imo u cant sprint and punch which is stupid I tried to kill this bandit who had a m4 I chased him for 3 mins and since he was sprinting in circles stopping to pop shots off I couldn't hit him which would have been a different story with the axe atleast u can sprint and swing with the axe but not your fists wtf!

Edited by jona

I for one am sick of getting knocked out in one punch to the head after spending countless hours getting the best gear, am i the only one tired of this?

I kind of agree. But instead they should do this. Fists do the same damage as usual on zombies. But zombies / players should do a little different damage to players. Like this. Instead of getting easily knocked out. you should have %100 to not be knocked out on the first hit from players. %95. %90. ect per hit. If you dont want to be easily knocked out from all of those hits. you must win the current battle or flee. survive it and such. If you use painkillers the chance to not get knocked out gets added %20 per use. it does not stack. if you get to the max your wasting it. Helmets Help you. but the more damage they take. the higher chance youll get knocked out. Zombies should try and aim for the chest area or neck. if you move while thay attack and it accidently hits your head you will have a %10 to get knocked out. which re-enforces survival. strategys. and friends to help you survive.

• Like 1

I believe that while it takes alot to take down a zombie barehanded, it seems to be quite easy to punch someone in the face and knock them unconscious.

Factors like wearing a mask or an helmet should increase resistance to barehanded or cause bleeding to the attacker, since you are trying to punch me through it.

I bet you would break your fingers after a while.

Edited by merlointhesky
  • Like 1

So one thing I've found to be EXTREMELY annoying, is how EASILY a player goes unconscious from a single punch, even if they have a gas mask,military helmet. two times now I've gotten fully geared without server hopping and the moment I come across a player, literally one hit to the head, and I'm unconscious, never to come back to life. I think punches to the head should be nerfed, or head gear greatly dampens the damage, (military helmet,motorcycle helmet..etc) because if you were punched in the head.. while wearing a motorcycle helmet, you'd feel NOTHING. Any plans for it getting nerfed?

I see your new to the forum, welcome. One thing I ask of you is to use the search function before starting a new topic because this one topic has been discussed in length already. Thank you