thelonewarrior

Keeping the coast clear of bandits and suspicious characters that don't listen

Me and the others in my group help survivors and kill bandits wherever possible, here are some of our most recent encounters with bandits as well as some suspicious characters who refused to listen to reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4cPF5093E

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 10

I like these guys because they seem to be pretty good at the game, and they aren't really in your face trying to be heros.

Watch the first 80 sec...

Use the "-" key in this position...

AND you think you help someone? You force a survivor to drop his weapon and wonder why he start fire?

Maybe the video is nice, I don`t know, but the headline for the video is missleading. You are the bandits...

Edited by NoCheats

Telling a guy to drop his weapon doesn't make us bandits

In the first 80 seconds (which comes to 1:20), we had heard M4 shots, found bodies and then he was aiming at me from the silo

Not to mention he was camping there and not responding not to mention by this point he had already started firing at us, talking was over

All of these were bandit like activities, look at my other videos before throwing around accusations.

In order to survive as a friendly player you have to take control of the situation, we kill hostiles and help people who are not hostile.

I can only say that I camp as hell (of course not in his position). I have also a moisin. I play hero style.

It could be me (of course I would answer). No one want be forced to eat shit etc. This can happen if you drop the weapon.

Your team was in a position of 100% control without forcing him to drop the weapon.

Of course firing back was ok. The question is, would the fight start when you not force him something to do? Kill him when you are eyewitness.

Watch now the rest. I guess I see much blood. :P

Sometimes it's hard to tell, with that first guy I was looting nearby when I saw him stand up and aim at me so that's why I did what I did

I guess we all have our own style, but we don't rob or murder, we just have a stronger approach I guess

End watching at the killing of the guy with heands up... you are no heros. (Zero problem) Nice aim btw...

I imagine you in this situation.... http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170726-what-will-make-me-trust-another-player-solo-players-v-solo-player/

I can talk only for myself. I hide always still I trust them. I show them always they are free to do anything they want. I show them always that I don`t see them as possible thread.

Example to day.

I was overwatching balota 20 min. No one there. I moved behind the balota baracks and heard/saw someone in the baracks.

I was not 100% sure he was serverhopping. I missed watching the playerlist like I do normaly when I go to military loot. High end stuff, high geared.

I toled him that here is no problem, that I see him, that I don`t want kill him. You can log out now or finish looting, but it would be nice if you leave balota after looting.

I was anyway 100% sure he logs out. I wonder that he come out and went to the other barack. :P

He trust me 100%. I asked him for his blood type. He was not answering anymore.

I was not sure he is in TS talking. I leave him... Start again the overwatching.

For me is forcing someone to do something no option.

Most important for me is the voice. Is the voice staged, nervous or is he calm, free talking.

You would force him to drop the weapon. He of course is not doing it. A needless fight starts.

Edited by NoCheats

We shot him because his friend tried to punch one of us then ran away, we told him to leave and he didn't, he had a loaded gun and would not leave

He understood us and kept stalling us, we didn't know how many friends he had nearby so I don't see the problem, we gave him a chance to leave and he would not

They were following us to begin with and probably would have shot us or waited for his friend to come back

We have then a fairer chance than 90% of people would and they choose not to take it

Yeah, the title is a bit misleading. Watching this video, I saw an image of uncle Jimbo shouting "MY GOD!!! IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!" all the way. You're no heroes keeping the coast clear of bandits - you ARE bandits, killing everyone who disobeys you. At least this particular video gives this impression =).

Ok I'm going to have to explain this for the who can't understand each thing that happened

Guy number 1

We hear shots, find some new spawn bodies

As I'm looking around he stands up on the silo aiming at me, I circle around and tell him to come down

No response, starts shooting

Classic signs of a camping bandit

Guy number in the trees opens fire, kills 1 of us, we kill him, he's a KOS bandit

Next guy appears nearby and loots the body, we tell him to drop his weapons and he refuses, if we were bandits we would have just shot him

Next guy logs in RIGHT at the body and then logs out and logs in nearby, ghosting us but we spot him, take his gun and leave it nearby

He then follows us with a friend, attacks one of my guys (off camera) and the runs and we still let him go

The guy who surrenders does not respond after a while, we gave him a chance to live and keep his gun and ammo but he acted suspicious and stopped responding, it's his own fault he died

At solnichny a fully geared player runs up to 3 newspawns and opens fire, a loser bandit hunting people on the coast which we then kill and the newspawns scatter, he was a bandit

I secure the body for a friend who is also a newspawn when a guy runs up

Of course I'm going to tell him to leave the bodies alone, there are loaded guns on them that I didn't have time to remove before he showed up

He then goes to loot the guns AFTER I told him not to, do you really want me to wait until he picks up a guns and starts shooting? His intentions were clearly hostile

The guys in elektro were shooting newspawns from the rooftops so we killed them, they were also server hoppers and ghosting us

We never once did any of the following bandit activities:

We didn't KOS

We didn't rob anyone

We only killed those that were confirmed bandits or we suspected of foul play ( the guy who went silent could have been talking to friends on teamspeak and he had a loaded gun, do you expect us to let him wait while we run away so he can shoot at is?)

We lay down the law, I've been playing this for nearly 2 years now and you can look up all my videos which you clearly haven't

We are friendly and lay down the law, you bet ya that anyone not lowering their weapon or putting it away after being warned will get shot

You expect us to just sit there and let them wave their gun around?

We have committed no banditry, we are vigilantes, laying down a non KOS law

If you think this is banditry, how exactly do you expect people to combat bandits?

Disarm themselves and sing to them until they shoot you or the log off?

Ask them nicely to lay down those arms and join in a group hug?

No, we combat bandits head on and take the fight to them

• Like 1

These guys aren't bandits. They play smart, and they gave them more of a chance than most veteran players would.

• Like 1

I've seen your other vids, so know you're not bandits.  The only kill I question is the guy who was standing over body, looting. 

Communication wasn't good with him.  No big deal.  He lost nothing but a short respawn trip.

It's tricky sometimes.

Keep 'em coming.  Good stuff.

Fair enough, it happened very fast with that guy but that's usually the way of things in dayz

We don't always make the decision that pleases everyone but we try to

• Like 1

I've seen your other vids, so know you're not bandits.  The only kill I question is the guy who was standing over body, looting. 

Communication wasn't good with him.  No big deal.  He lost nothing but a short respawn trip.

I'm fairly certain that that guy was looting himself. He was behaving extremely suspiciously staying in the vicinity and closing in everytime OP turned his back. It seems clear to me he just wanted a second to get his gun back before trying to kill them all.

The guy with his hands up also did ask for it. He was free to go, he had shown evidence before that he heard and understood them. He was giving plenty of warnings.

A good video, and I wouldn't mind watching sequels with similar content.

Hard to say, for me its mostly look like you killing all which not obey you... "bandits" and not only. You trying call non-bandits killed by your players as suspects. True, they can be potentially bandit. I wonder one thing... You said you order other players drop gun to control situation... but i wonder, what happens, if your met another "anti-bandits" team, i guess they would like to control situation too. Soo... how its would end...

Edited by TokumeiSennin

Actually we have met another anti bandit team, the CQF

We approached them and put our weapons away and had a nice chat

You can ask them if you like as for some reason windows movie maker refuses to save it for youtube

Your better off asking them until I can get a video up, their leaders name began with Box or something

And potentially bandit?

1 of then attacked us on silo after we see him aiming at me = bandit

Guy attacked us and killed one of our people from behind us = bandit

Guy runs up and shoots newspawns = bandit

Guys in elektro shooting from rooftops and kill an unarmed player that climbed up = bandit

Guy looting at body, could have been eiether way and we had no real chance to talk

Guy not leaving when asked multiple times = hostile intent at the very least

Guy going to body after I said don't because there were loaded guns there = bandit going to grab a weapon, hostile intent at very least

I've been playing long enough to know the signs of people who are going to set up an ambush, call friends on teamspeak to kill us or acting suspiciously

And still we give them a chance to leave and they don't take it

If some guys with guns tell you to leave the area, you do it if they are willing to let you go

Someone has to lay down the law

If not this way? Then please enlighten me to how you propose we kill bandits, should we go up and ask them if they are hostile?

And yes there should be some more videos sometime, however I'm trying to work on some of our friendly encounters where people have complied and left us better off with their lives

I think it's a bit harsh asking for them to actually put the weapons on the ground. 

Putting them away, that's fine, I mean, if you keep an eye on them with your weapon out, they have no chance of drawing and firing before you can fire at them. 

If someone asked me to put my weapon on the ground, I'd say no, I mean, with the glitchiness of alpha, may as well die there, than drop my gun and it disappear just to survive. 

Just my 10 cents. 

Yeah I do agree with that now, we will be asking them to just put their guns away and sit down from now on

And I really don't want to repeat myself again

We are not perfect, but we are not bandits

We lay down the law, if you attack us, kill someone without good cause or act suspiciously and refuse to leave when we tell you too you will get fired upon

If you don't show any aggression armed or not we will talk and let you go on your way with no problem

We have had just as many friendly encounters, however most people find those videos boring bit I will start getting them uploaded ASAP

We will take anything advice into account, if you disagree with what we did then please tell me what you would have done different and we will take it into account for next time instead of saying YOU IS BANDIT because I've sat and watched in the mod for hours on end and Learnt the hard way what the bandit like activities are and how to spot them

No I agree with you. I posted a video about 5 hours ago and when people disobeyed what I said, I shot them instantly. Like this guy had his back to me, I told him not to turn and look at me (didn't know whether he had a gun or not), he turned, I shot. His friend was outside, had his gun lowered, I told him not to raise it, he rose his gun, so I shot again. Sometimes it just happens to quickly. I would have done similar things in your situation. 

Well, i woudn't call you bandit, if someone would say that, then its very wrong conclusion. Which way you choice how deal with players its up to you but do not try to justify any action as "clearing coast from bandit". Dude which tried to probably rob dead body... really ? bandit ? I understand reason why you killed him but why this action is marked as "clearing coast from bandit". I wouldn't add that to that vid with discription "Here is some of our most recent work in helping to kill bandits".

About killing guy which gived up, vid don't show him as any danger. I wouldn't call him bandit as long you don't have any proof that he is. From previous post i understand thats he followed you and could bring danger (i called him potentially bandit) but you haven't get any proof that he is bandit and you added another action to vid with title "clearing coast from bandit". 

What i mean before is not that you killing bandit, but also players which are not bandits and trying call them bandits. I would never add such not sure action to vid with that title. Because now, video show you killing not only bandits.

Ah I kinda see way you mean now, my bad

It was mostly one sequence of events so I thought it needed to be altogether bit I guess not

Changing the title then

Video of meeting another group like us should hopefully work, going to have to use another video program to record the video file as it plays in media player but not movie maker

For the record we are not bandits, but are more aggressive to hostility and only want to protect and make it our mission to eliminate bandits, if you think we did something wrong than I'll take it as learning and adapting our rules of engagement but I think most of the people if not all those in the video had it coming

I'm fairly certain that that guy was looting himself. He was behaving extremely suspiciously staying in the vicinity and closing in everytime OP turned his back. It seems clear to me he just wanted a second to get his gun back before trying to kill them all.

The guy with his hands up also did ask for it. He was free to go, he had shown evidence before that he heard and understood them. He was giving plenty of warnings.

A good video, and I wouldn't mind watching sequels with similar content.

Sometimes they don't understand, due to language, or they just didn't hear clearly.  I couldn't tell.

Might be best if there's any question to just say "go away!"  But it might not be understood.

Surprised me when I saw this:

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/goaway.htm

So it's not so easy.  A bullet could work better.

As far as making somebody drop their weapon on the ground, it wouldn't work with me.

I don't do that.  I'm far from a bandit, but there are too many griefers to do that.  I'd run away.

Won't be handcuffed either.

I would put my gun away and sit down in a hectic situation.

But if I met Regulators, the preferred option is to put my gun away, and run away down the road.

If they shoot at me, they're bandits.