Sign in to follow this  
Snaftii (DayZ)

DayZ Standalone Gun Review/Gameplay- SKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqAKeEX66lQ

For those who want an in depth guide on the new gun being released on Feb. 5. This review shows where to get the SKS, it's recoil, spawn locations, ammo compared to the mosin, what type of engagements you want to be in for this weapon and more! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/Snaftii

Got more gun reviews coming in the future check out my channel if you want to see more standalone gameplay! 

Edited by Snaftii
  • Like 1

you can't put Hunter Scopes on the SKS anymore as far as I am concerned.

you're right about the reload animation, it's gorgeous

Everything about this weapon is amazing... EXCEPT for the animation where he puts it into battery. If only it was a pull and release animation it'd be flawless... I don't even know if the SKS is like the Garand, where inserting rounds unlocks the bolt carrier (correct me if I'm wrong, SKS owners), so it might even be impossible to chamber the weapon the way it is currently.

My only real gripe, will probably be my new weapon of choice.

Edit: What I mean, not sure if the Yugos are different than the Ruskies (again, SKS owners): http://youtu.be/bgCoG4eT0p0?t=11m14s

Just a minor thing, but oh so satisfying.

Edited by Hells High

Everything about this weapon is amazing... EXCEPT for the animation where he puts it into battery. If only it was a pull and release animation it'd be flawless... I don't even know if the SKS is like the Garand, where inserting rounds unlocks the bolt carrier (correct me if I'm wrong, SKS owners), so it might even be impossible to chamber the weapon the way it is currently.

My only real gripe, will probably be my new weapon of choice.

Edit: What I mean, not sure if the Yugos are different than the Ruskies (again, SKS owners): http://youtu.be/bgCoG4eT0p0?t=11m14s

glad you liked my review!

You said the Mosin uses 7.62x51, it actually uses 7.62x54r. I like the brown bear reference on the box though, thanks for showing that. Still a little confused as to why the bayonet is detatched and spawns separately, but I guess that's a minor complaint. Also, you can hopefully load the SKS manually in the inventory without using stripper clips (leaving stripper clips to serve the same purpose as the speedloader to the Python and the snap loaders to the IZH43).

They all look the same except for the Albanian and Yugo, and work the same way minus the way you can screw around with the Yugo's gas system in order to launch grenades.

Edited by dvsilverwing

You said the Mosin uses 7.62x51, it actually uses 7.62x54r. I like the brown bear reference on the box though, thanks for showing that. Still a little confused as to why the bayonet is detatched and spawns separately, but I guess that's a minor complaint. Also, you can hopefully load the SKS manually in the inventory without using stripper clips (leaving stripper clips to serve the same purpose as the speedloader to the Python and the snap loaders to the IZH43).

I'm also hoping you don't need the clip, but I guess it will make things more interesting having to find those clips. 

They all look the same except for the Albanian and Yugo, and work the same way minus the way you can screw around with the Yugo's gas system in order to launch grenades.

Yes 7.62x54r ® meaning rim charge should of put it in there but didn't think it was deemed necessary guess i was wrong and you can reload the SKS with out the clips but your going to get the same animation even without it so i did it with the clip =)

Edited by Snaftii

you can't put Hunter Scopes on the SKS anymore as far as I am concerned.

you're right about the reload animation, it's gorgeous

They have patched it up, you cant put a hunter scope on the SKS anymore (used to be able to)

Good vid but, really... you could have worn some trousers. I feel I've been violated.  

Good vid but, really... you could have worn some trousers. I feel I've been violated.  

Hahaha im glad you got the point!