Sign in to follow this  
djporternz

Experimental Servers for AU, Please.

Just an impassioned plea for one or possibly two Experimental servers in the AU region, please. While we can connect to the international Experimental servers in the other regions, it would be nice to have a server available for testing that has a ping less than 230+.

12264090575_fb25354dab_z.jpg

So, please, please, may we have one.

EDITED: Added image for emotional impact!

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 16

Just ONE! PLEASE, OH GREAT LORD, GIVE US JUST ONE BEAUTIFUL EXPERIMENTAL SERVER TO SINK OUR TEETH INTO!

This

so f*cking much.

Yeah, Rocket - as your fellow countryman I implore you to release some AU/NZ servers. 

• Like 1

+1

Oh and you're lucky! 230 ping is totally playable. We here in WA are seeing no less than 300 ping and mostly 400+

Edited by Irenicus

Just bumping this as we still don't have any Experimental servers in the AU. C'mon Dean, don't make me beg!

Now with the updates rolling out less frequently, this is a must have. I really want to have a go at the most recent updates to experimental, keen as. The problem, as stated, is the ping to the international servers. It is going to be 2 weeks at least until it is pushed to stable, and after reading the changelog, I am super keen to have a go.

Come on dude, show some love to the AUS/NZ Region, your part of the world. Cant blame you for wanting to come back as quickly as possible.

Has anyone from our area tried out the international experimental servers? The ping just looks too bad, so I have not even tried. Is it playable?

OP I would have phrased it more like this;

Experimental Servers needed for NZ/AU... maybe that would help persuade?

I personally don't mind sharing an experimental server with our friendly eastern neighbours.

OP I would have phrased it more like this;

Experimental Servers needed for NZ/AU... maybe that would help persuade?

I personally don't mind sharing an experimental server with our friendly eastern neighbours.

To be fair, being an Aussie is almost as good as being a Kiwi! They just have to ditch that accent and all the flaura and fauna that can kill you! :D

To be fair, being an Aussie is almost as good as being a Kiwi! They just have to ditch that accent and all the flaura and fauna that can kill you! :D

What about ex kiwis who live in australia?? The last time i went home for a holiday NZ internet sucked worse than AUS internet does (lol thats why half the guys playing on the AUS servers i play are kiwis..

Edited by SoulFirez

What about ex kiwis who live in australia?? The last time i went home for a holiday NZ internet sucked worse than AUS internet does (lol thats why half the guys playing on the AUS servers i play are kiwis..

As you say, they are EX Kiwis. No backsies there, mate! Anyway, they raise the average IQ of both countries by going over there!

I'm using cable internet. Ex-Telstra now Vodaphone. Never have a problem except when the bill comes in each month.

Great news! 

Hicks just confirmed 4 AU servers out of Sydney, with the 40 Experimental servers they are rolling up today.

That was on Reddit.

This is great news. Cant wait to get home tonight and have a go. Thanks so much dev's, just when I start to get a bit over DayZ and think it's time to move on, something comes along and captures me for days. This is just the latest iteration of this. Frigging awesome, thanks again Hicks, Rocket and Co.

40 new experimental servers. This is seriously about time even though I'd gotten kind of used to the two UK hardcore ones being rammed, and I'm really happy for you poor sods down under because I know what your pings are like after hearing from mates who live there.

40 new experimental servers, wow.

z0un3ip.jpg