Zedicologist

SKS ammo?

Where have you guys found ammo consitantly?  

I started off in electro on the exp build and searched through the city a lil bit found nothing of course.  But i come across an sks in a barn on the outskirts of town.  Instead of heading up the populated coast i decided to head up to Stary and then NWAF.  I searched through every usual building that ammo spawns in Novy and Stary.  Even hit up the small military complex beside vybor.  Continued on to NWAF after searching those areas after multiple server restarts.  Nothing.    Ended up picking up a m4 and killed three geared guys at NWAF but they didnt have any either.  just my luck atm?  Or is the ammo pretty rare?

We looted the NWAF 7-10times because of server restarts/crashes and didn't find one round for the 7 sks rifles we found lol.

Edited by OrdeaL

I found some today;

0n7x.jpg

• Like 1

SKS is a is not military weapon so so it would be logical not to find it in military bases. I Have found boxes of 7.62x39 ammo in electro fire stations and school buildings.

SKS is a is not military weapon so so it would be logical not to find it in military bases. I Have found boxes of 7.62x39 ammo in electro fire stations and school buildings.

The SKS was a military weapon.

The SKS was a front-line service rifle until the 50's, what do you mean it's not a military rifle? Or did you mean it's not used by them now? Either way you would most likely find a SKS over a M4 in the games setting. So weird that you said that.

Edited by OrdeaL

The SKS was a military weapon.

The SKS was a front-line service rifle until the 50's What do you mean its not a military weapon? Or do you mean it wouldn't be in the barracks now because they haven't used them in awhile? Either way you would most likely find a SKS than a M4 in the games setting..

Emphasis on "was". As far as I am aware the game is set in present time. So those guns, as well as the Mosin, would be found in civilian buildings. I also noticed that the screenshot in this thread is taken in the corner café, which tend to spawn civliian guns and ammo.

Edited by BadAsh

I find sks ammo in back of svetlo... house one with piano ;)

Yea but if you read the post i searched Stary, novy and Vybor.  All clearly civilian areas.  And mosin rounds are pretty common in Military areas as well.  So i went and checked it out.

Wonder when devs will implement a way to actually stab with bayonet. Will make SKS even better weapon.

I find sks ammo in back of svetlo... house one with piano ;)

Same here, found ammo in a hotel in polana. It seems the ammo is very rare or I've just been unlucky.

Same here, found ammo in a hotel in polana. It seems the ammo is very rare or I've just been unlucky.

i think is rare :thumbsup:  ;)

i loot 3 town all building and also NEAF i find plenty ammo for other guns full backpack :D

only one sks box :|

I'd just say hit School buildings, Piano buildings, Pub/Cafes and those big officey buildings?

First thing I found in elektro was a box of bullets for it. Found the SKS in a farm near berezino on the second spawn.

Edited by Quo

People get used to it. More stuff they add and everything will harder to find coz every kind of item will share spawn point with each other.

Its not death match game like quake where You get gear after 10 secs. Right now after that alpha You are like spoiled kids because at the begining there was 2 weapons and obviously ammo for them every where around so now everybody thinks it should be like that all the time.

• Like 1

I found the gun itself in a military base which i was a little surprised by. I thought it would be a residential spawn like the mosin. The ammo i have found in grocery stores and the big residential houses with pianos

Seriously i have tons of ammo for this gun, searching mostly vybor and other out of the way cities.

The only thing i don't have is the gun to use the ammo in.

AKM is a military weapon which is definitely going to be in the game which uses the same ammo. They might have added it to the military spawns already.

• Like 2

SKS is not a miltary weapon?  Tell the 15,000,000 guns made in USSR, China, Yugoslavia, Romania, Albania, East German, Vietnam, and North Korea that...

Was a frontline weapon at one point and "backup" weapon for decades.  Unless of course by "not military" you really mean not automatic and not a "sniper" rifle.

Edited by Soupee
  • Like 1

What? SKS ? there was an update? What u talking guys. Are you on experimental servers or what?

What? SKS ? there was an update? What u talking guys. Are you on experimental servers or what?

Yep, SKS and ammo has been added to the loot spawns for the experimental servers