Sign in to follow this  
Advent1

SKS Feedback

Accuracy:

From my experience from shooting the SKS, shooting roughly 30 rounds. It seems the SKS losses accuracy/a lot of dispersion after about 200+ meters. I shot 9 rounds at my buddy 300 meters away and about 3-4 bullets hit him. I was prone while shooting.

Damage:

At 200 meters or so, I killed my buddy with one shot to the chest, and 300 meters, it took 3-4 shots to knock him out, no death. So it seems the damage drop of is quite high after 200 meters.

You can in fact use the long range scope with the SKS, although I advise against it, the PU scope is enough. You can't use the bipod on the SKS. As for the compensator, I haven't tried.

So far I haven't found any loose rounds, only a 10 round stripper clip and a 20 round box which is similar to how the magnum box looks. Keep in mind, you CANNOT use 7.62 x 54mm with the SKS, while playing a lot of people said they couldn't load the SKS with it. The ammo the SKS uses is 7.62 x 39mm which is now in game.

• Like 4

Nice points, i agree with what you said. I put a few rounds down range with it. The kick isn't awful, and my rounds were hitting pretty well from around 100 meters. Looking forward to using it more extensively 

I'm still wondering if the ammo for it ONLY spawns at military spawns. I have yet to find any ammo for it in residential buildings.

I'm still wondering if the ammo for it ONLY spawns at military spawns. I have yet to find any ammo for it in residential buildings.

I found this ammo on the wrecked ship at Refy. Dunno if it counts as a military spawn.

I found this ammo on the wrecked ship at Refy. Dunno if it counts as a military spawn.

Im assuming it is infact military because of the ship barracks you find in the mid section. Most of those barracks can yield military clothing and loot as well as the outside portion of that area.

I found some in a house, in a one-story with a copper roof.

I found 9 loose rounds in the construction side near berenzino yesterday.