Sign in to follow this  
aPanzerIV

DayZ / Arma II OA White Fuzz / Artifacts Intel HD3000

First off, I'd like to say that I absolutely love playing the mod, and have had a great time with it, but recently my desktop bit the dust, and I have resorted to playing on my laptop. Arma II will run perfectly fine on low, however Arma II OA and DayZ will have some white fuzz artifacts around the feet of the player that moves with you. It does not appear on roads or in buildings, and will sometimes appear on horizons, especially when crouching. 

There is another thread from a person who has this issue dated to November 2012, I haven't had my laptop that long so I cannot say for anything before that time. 

Link: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/105332-a-different-kind-of-artifacting/

The guy is having the exact same problem, the screenshots are exactly what I see when playing. No one has answered his post.

My specs are:

Intel Core I5 2310m

8Gb DDR3 1066mhz

Intel HD 3000 (1768mb allocated)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I am running Steam Version of the game with DayZ installed via DayZCommander.

I do not recall the Beta patch version, but I assume it is the latest version(1 week ago).

I am in the process of restoring my laptop from disks because my hard drive went out, so I currently do not have the files. (cheaper to replace than a motherboard I guess).

I was wondering if it is associated with a driver update, but Intel does not supply previous drivers to their HD embedded line, so I cannot get ones before Nov. 2012 or anything other than current, only a "intel software updater" tool.

Any help with this greatly appreciated!

Edited by aPanzerIV

Might be the same issue I have occasionally, but I'm using nVidia GFX560Ti. Seems to be related to one of the post-processing options. Not sure which one as I've usually got them all turned way down or off for FPS.

He said turning on anti aliasing helps, but my laptop definitely won't run the game with that on. He did not state weather the game did this when he installed it or after a period of time. From what it sounds like though, arma 2 oa patched, or intel driver patched, and it did this. 

I have all the settings minus screen resolution turned all the way down.

Edited by aPanzerIV

Hold left shift+minus and type in FLUSH to flush the graphics memory.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

apparently reinstalling the entire OS and graphics drivers and the game fixed the problem:

62x4.jpg

Works after installing DayZ 1.8.0.3 and OA beta patch 103718 too.