Sign in to follow this  
dashx73 (DayZ)

Map Converted To Island With Various Weather Climates - Images For Example

I wouldn't like it to be an island. Maybe just fill the out of bounds area with trees. But different climates and rad zones sound nice.

• Like 9

That empty space is reserved for future expansion.

Don't worry, it wont look like the picture for ever.

So what happens when I run into the end of the future expansion? more empty space.?

Island or bust, perhaps if a player ventures out to sea, storms could overtake them.. ..and a game world like this would add so much more to the immersion , i'm stuck on an island, instead of  i'm walking into a world with no textures.

Edited by dashx73

So what happens when I run into the end of the future expansion? more empty space.?

Island or bust, perhaps if a player ventures out to sea, storms could overtake them.. ..and a game world like this would add so much more to the immersion , i'm stuck on an island, instead of  i'm walking into a world with no textures.

Why does every sandbox need to be an island?

Un-climbable mountains work just fine.

I just dont think they will do that since it's supposed to be Russia, which is not an island.

This game is all about authenticity.

• Like 4

No, that's not how it works. In Arma 2, that's where the map stopped, and the rest went on forever. They were called the "debug plains". It isn't made to be reserved for more space, although it could be (though I doubt it), but there would still be debug plains at some point.

• Like 2

No, that's not how it works. In Arma 2, that's where the map stopped, and the rest went on forever. They were called the "debug plains". It isn't made to be reserved for more space, although it could be (though I doubt it), but there would still be debug plains at some point.

no more debug plains please!

I just dont think they will do that since it's supposed to be Russia, which is not an island.

why do you think gta 5 online converted California into an island?

Edited by dashx73
  • Like 2

Because everyone knows morphine injection pens fix broken legs instantly.

• Like 5

How it works?

I shouldn't have used the word "reserved"

I mean there is future plans to expand the map, so they wouldn't make it an island because of that.

why do you think gta 5 online converted California into an island?

Because it was the easiest way of doing it. Do you remember San Andreas?

It is in Russia, not an island.

I disagree with your idea, it happens.

Doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Glad you deleted the "world is a giant island" remark.

I was about to call you out on that one. :)

• Like 3

I think they might be adding some sort of system that works if you walk out of the map at whichever point you might load up a new map, idk entirely but i heard that from some people

If it weren't for the fact Chernarus is established to be part of the Eurasian mainland south of Russia in a fictional Green Sea region I might agree with you.

Yeah the debug lands are an eyesore but you never really come across them unless you try.

• Like 1

If it weren't for the fact Chernarus is established to be part of the Eurasian mainland south of Russia in a fictional Green Sea region I might agree with you.

Yeah the debug lands are an eyesore but you never really come across them unless you try.

Let the real place inspire you, but lets just make it an island with various climates  for the sake of gameplay

• Like 1

Well, just like the others said, those empty spaces are reserved for future expansions for Chernarus. Didn't one of the devs said that he wanted like 1k people on one map? 

Edited by AntonioAJC

Well, just like the others said, those empty spaces are reserved for future expansions for Chernarus. Didn't one of the devs said that he wanted like 1k people on one map? 

The same dev that said he wanted to make the world endless? 

Edited by dashx73

I like the Island idea, i have been thinking it myself.

When they add vehicles, It could also help explain why we can't just Drive/fly north into the "debug plains" looking for safety or a way out?

I think they might be adding some sort of system that works if you walk out of the map at whichever point you might load up a new map, idk entirely but i heard that from some people

Interesting?...I haven't heard that yet.

Russia does have mountains, though!

• Like 1

Making it an island would be a setting buster for me personally. I'd rather imagine were on a part of a bigger continent, instead of an island people decided to settle for whatever unclear reason.

A land tongue? Maybe. MAAAAYBE. Still rather not, though. And def. not a perfectly square one. That's what irked me about GTA5. SA had such a nice map, the mountain area to the south-west, on a different island almost, and GTA5 makes it a flipping square map...

As for snowy areas, I'd rather they implement seasons, and make the big hills north of NEAF, the hill north of Berezino, Altar, the huge mountain between electro and Cherno and some other hill tops snowy during winter months, instead. Otherwise people would only use the thermal gear for that small corner of the map anyway, which would make it necessary to put a base or something there otherwise no one would ever go there. Would feel too gamey. 

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

The empty space is for hiding vehicles and tents.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1wim05/dayz_map_converted_to_island_with_various_climates/

It's never fun to find the edge of a game world that looks like this... so I came up with a  solution that I think will create a better environment for dayz.

QHxm_Vwr_1.jpg

I have converted the map into an island to give an example of what I would like to see.

Chernarus Plus Island Map

Dayz_Island_Small.jpg

[LARGE MAP HERE] 

Furthermore I think various climate zones could be implemented later on,

Including climates like "snow, desert, or radiation"

These climates could require additional or specialized equipment to enter these areas, such as gas masks, rad pills, heat packs or warm winter gloves and jackets, or in the case of a desert area, require your character to overheat, require extra water, and to take off your clothing during the day, and wear it during the night.

Dayz_Radiation_and_Snow_small.jpg

What do you think?

maybe add crashed airplane or heli or land vehicle to military base with second radiation item (for hard looting military areas)

150*

Yet it has unrealistic firearm mechanics. 

Edited by ParanoidMoron