Sign in to follow this  
bronze

I Have Been Having Some Problems With Fps Lag

I am using a laptop for gaming, i didn't have problems before but ever since the new patches i have been having problems with arma3 and dayz both.

DayZ runs at around 24 fps around the forest and drops to 6-7 fps in cities.

My system specs are;

CPU;Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz

GPU;2xGeForce GTX 670MX

Ram:16gb

I am running the game on an ssd, the settings are lowest possible, i tried the game with sli turned off, didnt help at all.

It uses around %50 of one of the graphic cards and doesent touch the other, the cpu usage is around %30.

Can anyone give me any advice please?

Edit:The laptop doesent overheat and stays around 70 degrees celcius, which is 30 degrees below fail temperature.

Edited by Bronze

Mess with overall resolution with your pc and the game itself. I used to run on 1920x1080, now I just put it down to 1600x900 - about 10 fps increase for me.
Then there's the Steam Launch and the notepad tweaks http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-standalone-performance-guide 
After that, turn your HDR Quality to lowest - that's about another 10-15 fps increase, turn off clouds; they're about useless - another 5-10 fps there.

Because of these I get 45-50 fps in cities and about 80-90 fps in the sticks and smaller towns ^_^

Edited by w0lf3x

I have just done these and it seems they have helped a lot, i will edit this post to see if i actually have a good fps jump later after i play some.

thanks a lot!