Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

Any Way To Disable The "missing File" Error Message?

I did try a search about the missing file error message that pauses the game since the last patch for Stand Alone came out.   But people only mention it.  I would like to please know if there is a way to disable the error message since it pauses the game?  Did they not test the patch at all because I find this highly annoying and almost game breaking.  wouldn't you have to go almost out of your way to make the game actually pause itself and require you click a button to continue?    Did they release a way to disable this?

yep.. this is annoying. Especially when you're tracking a guy in your sights! POP.. continue... mother of mary, where's he gone?!

Why are you deleting your files? lol

He didn't delete them, it's an error that usually pops up because of the militay hat thingy.

Theres no way to remove it, this is exactly the same we saw in Arma 3 alpha aswell.
They put a half done item into the game and config errors pop up, but as a client theres nothing to be done, but wait for them to fix the item :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Did they not test the patch at all because I find this highly annoying and almost game breaking?

That is our job as Alpha testers.

I'm sure they do some amount of testing, but I'm sure that is more focused on the deeper level changes they are adding. Adding new items to the game is probably pretty simple, so they didn't spend a lot of time testing for that. It was probably just a typo or missing file, and things like that the community (obviously) can spot pretty easily and forward the bug report to the dev team so they can fix it.

Ol.  Thanks for the replies.  I was just checking to see if it was possible to stop.  I get this is Alpha, but seriously, if they had just tested the game for 20 minutes before releasing the patch, they would see this happens all the time and then they could have stopped it. Does it happen less for some people?  I find it happens about every 20 minutes of gameplay since the patch.   How often to you guys get it?  And have you ever been in the middle of a fire fight when it happened?  The zombies walking through walls and doors with no problem no longer seems to be a concern.   So what  brilliant move by the developers..... Instead of fixing problems, make new bigger problems so that we forget about the old problems.........   30 million dollars well spent I guess.

Ol.  Thanks for the replies.  I was just checking to see if it was possible to stop.  I get this is Alpha, but seriously, if they had just tested the game for 20 minutes before releasing the patch, they would see this happens all the time and then they could have stopped it. Does it happen less for some people?  I find it happens about every 20 minutes of gameplay since the patch.   How often to you guys get it?  And have you ever been in the middle of a fire fight when it happened?  The zombies walking through walls and doors with no problem no longer seems to be a concern.   So what  brilliant move by the developers..... Instead of fixing problems, make new bigger problems so that we forget about the old problems.........   30 million dollars well spent I guess.

I agree with you. The review process of DayZ team is a bit lacking.