Sign in to follow this  
Masteryopa

Dissapointed new player

Hey, i just started playing this game. And before i start i want to say that i KNOW this is alpha and the game is not finished, so im complaining about the current game. 

I played on 5 different servers for about 4 HOURS. I've ran past about 8 villages and into EVERY HOUSE of those villages, only to find like 2 boots, 1 empty can of rice, sunglasses and flashlights. 

SERIOUSLY? Is it the servers im playing on or is this game so freaking dead? (Im sorry for raging). I didn't expect this game to actually be near IMPOSSIBLE to find FOOD. Realistically 2/3 houses should have some sort of food. And if its been looted then they should respawn by some time. Because after 5 hours i've found a FEW fruits. 

Weapons is out of the question. It takes HOURS/DAYS to find valuable items such as GUNS. Maps are even more ridiculous. 

Tbh, the alpha atm is UNPLAYABLE. Im sorry to say this, and i know im raging. But this is the worst game i've ever played so far. I love the games concept, but finding items in this game is so freaking ridiculous. THERES NOT EVEN MANY ZOMBIES?! 

Not to talk about the controlls. Equipping flashlight is slow and clumpy. Fighting is even more ridiculous and no mechanics is explained whatsoever. 

On streams people ride on cars, planes. They use guns all the time. They FORCE PEOPLE to lie down as they loot them. THOSE are the things that made me get interested in the game. Only to be entirely DISSAPOINTED when having to run for about 4 hours only to find utter SHIT (sorry for swearing).

The gameplay at the moment is so poor that either im doing something wrong or this game is so unplayable. 

Please enlighten me what im doing wrong. HOW do i get FOOD, WEAPONS, backpacks? NO VILLAGES have any ITEMS. Whats the point in running from village to village when there is nothing there?

Regards angry new player.

• Like 3

It's ALPHA, those features you mentioned are in the works.

There was a clear warning before you bought the game “DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

You Sir are an idiot.

• Like 8

The disapointment should be with yourself. There are 2 versions of this game. THE GAME and a mod for arma2 also called dayz. A little research would have shown that, as well as all the things you've complained about that are common knowledge about the current state of the game.

Also, you HAD to see the huge disclaimer on the steam page (posted above) AND the one you have to agree to in order to play.

• Like 1

Right now, loot only respawns when the the server restarts but it won't always be this way. They are working on it and it will get better.

Funny, I had quite the opposite reaction to the sparse loot and zombies. My reaction was: 'Wow, much more realistic to not be running over guns food and ammo at every step'. The game requires patience. I've literally had to traverse the ENTIRE map twice to get myself loaded out in an impressive manner. Now I'm full health, full stomach, full energy, lots of ammo, nice weapons, plenty of water and medical gear AND I know the map pretty well at this point.

• Like 8

I cant even play for 30 minutes without dying out of starvation. Pathetic. ''Oh well thats because you suck''. Well, ALL im doing is searching houses for ANY kind of loot. So what fking more do they want me to do? Food is ridiculously rare in this game

At the moment the loot spawn only after server restart.

Some items are realy small. (like in RL) Zoom with right mouse on desks, ground, bed etc.

Maybe start on servers with only 10 people.

Leave the coast as soon as possible. All players spawn at the coast, so no loot there.

Later (Beta?) the server don`t need a restart and the loot get generated.

You can cheat yourself here. http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Quick tutorial here...

here is a dude who can teach you... http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168978-looking-for-people-or-someone-to-go-around-with/

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 2

I cant even play for 30 minutes without dying out of starvation. Pathetic. ''Oh well thats because you suck''. Well, ALL im doing is searching houses for ANY kind of loot. So what fking more do they want me to do? Food is ridiculously rare in this game

Actually you have energy for 60minutes until you start starving. That should be enough time to travel across the map.

• Like 1

If you want to gather some loot then few advises for you pal:

1. Travel to some place where loot should respawn(barracks f.e.) and hop servers (change it), by jumping to many of them you will get either what you've wanted or bullet in your head, so be cautious. In first sign of danger - log out.

2. Be hostile. Get an axe or use your fists, yell at micro: "friendly!" and run and chop heads and then gather everything what you will find.

ps. And don't listen to whiners here who would tell you something about fair play (to not to log out and hop) or to be friendly and help each other, that's all a bullshit and this suckers use it to justify their dumbness (which they call "IMMERSION OF SURVIVAL"). To survive - means use any opportunity which this game offer to you. Good luck.

• Like 2

Youll start to pick up on things as you continue to play, as well as just learning your way around so you can travel as efficiently and safely as possible.  If an area of town has a lot of open doors, for example, I tend to just move on because people have likely been there...although you should always be on the lookout for water pumps and ponds until you get some gear. (Water like that currently doesnt cause sickness, so for the time being you can drink anywhere) Also, if im not looking to run into people, I treat the coast like its covered in flaming dog shit that causes cancer and head inland.  That wont guarantee safety, but Ive run into less assholes while adventuring away from the coast.  

Try to meet up with some other players through here or even just in the game if youre brave. Ive met some cool strangers just running around the coast, but Ive also been shot by said strangers even more times, so you have to choose yourself there. 

Whats your steam name? Ill send you an invite...

Edited by GpB311
  • Like 3

Unfortunately with the servers only spawning loot upon a reboot there are a couple of tricks you can use to help get yourself kitted up.

For myself, I choose freshly rebooted servers with low population count to help maximize my chances of finding equipment.  I spawned at Berezino and quickly zipped around and got pretty much all the basics (clothes, backpack, medkit, axe, shotgun and a few rounds for it.

Once I left Berezino I went directly for the NE Airfield and found a few more items (Magnum, ammo, magazines, tac vest, etc), then I booked it west and hit the other military areas and nabbed an M4, accessories, hunting pack, boots, and some other fun stuff.

Along the way I avoided a couple of fully kitted up guys that were running tandem and I just had "that" feeling about them.  Ran across another guy in a mc helmet, pack and no visible weapons but was focused on getting west so let him stumble around a town.

There IS loot to be had but as the game is Alpha, there will be constant changes.  No doubt we'll all have to adjust our strategies over and over again as changes and updates are introduced to the game.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Unplayable huh then pls tell me how I have 90 plus hours of play time as far as not finding food you should look harder I ges bc I have too much food 3/4 of what I find is stupid ass food If you want to rage about not finding something you should rage about fnx45 clips now there is something you just don't see very often PLS ALL IDIOTS keep your bullshit to your self and learn what an alpha is it had already been stated that atm the servers can not handle more loot this will be changed when they move into optimization as of now shut up if you don't have anything constructive to say gtfo no one can help your a spoiled gamer brat who thinks things should be done your way be lucky you don't have to wait ten years from the time they announced it to even play bet cough cough diablo 3 end rant

• Like 1

now shut up if you don't have anything constructive to say

Angry people sometimes need to take their own advice.  Not everyone is as clearly skilled and amazing as you are.

Hey, i just started playing this game. And before i start i want to say that i KNOW this is alpha and the game is not finished, so im complaining about the current game. 

I played on 5 different servers for about 4 HOURS. I've ran past about 8 villages and into EVERY HOUSE of those villages, only to find like 2 boots, 1 empty can of rice, sunglasses and flashlights. 

SERIOUSLY? Is it the servers im playing on or is this game so freaking dead? (Im sorry for raging). I didn't expect this game to actually be near IMPOSSIBLE to find FOOD. Realistically 2/3 houses should have some sort of food. And if its been looted then they should respawn by some time. Because after 5 hours i've found a FEW fruits. 

Weapons is out of the question. It takes HOURS/DAYS to find valuable items such as GUNS. Maps are even more ridiculous. 

Tbh, the alpha atm is UNPLAYABLE. Im sorry to say this, and i know im raging. But this is the worst game i've ever played so far. I love the games concept, but finding items in this game is so freaking ridiculous. THERES NOT EVEN MANY ZOMBIES?! 

Not to talk about the controlls. Equipping flashlight is slow and clumpy. Fighting is even more ridiculous and no mechanics is explained whatsoever. 

On streams people ride on cars, planes. They use guns all the time. They FORCE PEOPLE to lie down as they loot them. THOSE are the things that made me get interested in the game. Only to be entirely DISSAPOINTED when having to run for about 4 hours only to find utter SHIT (sorry for swearing).

The gameplay at the moment is so poor that either im doing something wrong or this game is so unplayable. 

Please enlighten me what im doing wrong. HOW do i get FOOD, WEAPONS, backpacks? NO VILLAGES have any ITEMS. Whats the point in running from village to village when there is nothing there?

Regards angry new player.

Is this real life...

%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%

• Like 1

Unplayable huh then pls tell me how I have 90 plus hours of play time as far as not finding food you should look harder I ges bc I have too much food 3/4 of what I find is stupid ass food If you want to rage about not finding something you should rage about fnx45 clips now there is something you just don't see very often PLS ALL IDIOTS keep your bullshit to your self and learn what an alpha is it had already been stated that atm the servers can not handle more loot this will be changed when they move into optimization as of now shut up if you don't have anything constructive to say gtfo no one can help your a spoiled gamer brat who thinks things should be done your way be lucky you don't have to wait ten years from the time they announced it to even play bet cough cough diablo 3 end rant

This is just wow this picture applies here also.

%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%

I have played for 36 hours now, haven't died yet. (OK, I'm a DayZ mod veteran but everyone needs to eat). At first I had difficulties finding food too, mainly because I was looking in the wrong places (I was still looking up the places I knew had good stuff from the mod) but also because the objects are much smaller and often hidden. Look on top of higher closets, underneath tables and beds, etc. Try to go to the nicest/biggest house in a village.

Switch between 3rd and 1st person! I've noticed some loot is placed in such a way (deliberately?) so that you can't see it from 3rd person but you can from 1st person.

• Like 1

They just put in a new patch, weapons spawn less frequently and whatnot, which probably needs to be balanced and will be, have you read articles/watched videos on what spawns where and where to look? Are you using an external map to help guide you as a new spawn? You say you understand this is Alpha and then complain about Alpha stage things occurring? Not really sure how to handle that, especially if you did your homework first, this just as any other MMO out there, has a learning curve, in Alpha, it is a very fast changing learning curve, what worked yesterday wont today, adapt and adjust, or dont. Don't let your first posts be flame..... Maybe ask for help, some of the people in the community will oblige, if you want help, if you just want to flame, you will probably get flamed, as a general rule.

• Like 1

Sounds like you'd better put this title on the shelf for a while and come back later. The rest of us alpha testers are trying to help the devs polish it up for you. We'll be at it for some time still.

• Like 1

Guys, give him a break. he's new and paid for the alpha so he's entitled to his opinion, just like you are. Yes we know DayZ is a zombie survival game - thats why he purchased it. However, the 'rules' in DayZ SA have changed compared to the mod ie. your 'timer' for thirst/hunger is so small. I can understand thirst but not food, esp when:

1. food is hard to find (esp canned food); and

2. when you do find it, you can't eat it because you then need to find something to open it with (fair enough).

However, you couple the above with the short food timer and long distances between food sources, and what you get is frustration. I've died of hunger twice already after searching everything which is frustrating because I had lots of canned food but no way to open it.

Yes its an alpha - I'm cool with that - they just need to sort out some basic stuff first, primarily the loot respawn thing.

Btw, how do you know when the server was last restarted in the server list?

• Like 1

If you want to gather some loot then few advises for you pal:

1. Travel to some place where loot should respawn(barracks f.e.) and hop servers (change it), by jumping to many of them you will get either what you've wanted or bullet in your head, so be cautious. In first sign of danger - log out.

2. Be hostile. Get an axe or use your fists, yell at micro: "friendly!" and run and chop heads and then gather everything what you will find.

ps. And don't listen to whiners here who would tell you something about fair play (to not to log out and hop) or to be friendly and help each other, that's all a bullshit and this suckers use it to justify their dumbness (which they call "IMMERSION OF SURVIVAL"). To survive - means use any opportunity which this game offer to you. Good luck.

You sir speak the truth. I like that.

@OP Take advantage of every single glitch or bad mechanic and have absolutely no remorse for doing it. It's the only way to gear up and survive. If you want more insight feel free to ask.

Don't give a poop about what prudish DayZ purists saying. As a matter of fact, there's a high chance that they take advantage of the glitches and bugs as well, but they lack honesty (and smth else) to admit it.

They just put in a new patch, weapons spawn less frequently and whatnot, which probably needs to be balanced and will be.

Yep they will start to spawn less and less as intended. Once we get more improvised weapons in the game they will lower spawns of most of our gear we use now. This game will change and not for the better utopia most want.

• Like 1

Well, I am new as well, and the cure for your food woes is called "server hopping" :D . Until they release a version of the game with respawning loot and enemites - this is what you need to do, hop the servers until you come to the one where all the doors in the town you are in are not open.

Likely that server has been recently restarted, so the loot is fresh, there are zombies to kill and a game to play.

Edited by drugarunda
  • Like 1