Sign in to follow this  
Masteryopa

Dissapointed new player

I just don't get it. You have been warned so many times that this is PRE PRE ALPHA VERSION.

Can you see it now?

Hey, i just started playing this game. And before i start i want to say that i KNOW this is alpha and the game is not finished, so im complaining about the current game. 

I played on 5 different servers for about 4 HOURS. I've ran past about 8 villages and into EVERY HOUSE of those villages, only to find like 2 boots, 1 empty can of rice, sunglasses and flashlights. 

SERIOUSLY? Is it the servers im playing on or is this game so freaking dead? (Im sorry for raging). I didn't expect this game to actually be near IMPOSSIBLE to find FOOD. Realistically 2/3 houses should have some sort of food. And if its been looted then they should respawn by some time. Because after 5 hours i've found a FEW fruits. 

Weapons is out of the question. It takes HOURS/DAYS to find valuable items such as GUNS. Maps are even more ridiculous. 

Tbh, the alpha atm is UNPLAYABLE. Im sorry to say this, and i know im raging. But this is the worst game i've ever played so far. I love the games concept, but finding items in this game is so freaking ridiculous. THERES NOT EVEN MANY ZOMBIES?! 

Not to talk about the controlls. Equipping flashlight is slow and clumpy. Fighting is even more ridiculous and no mechanics is explained whatsoever. 

On streams people ride on cars, planes. They use guns all the time. They FORCE PEOPLE to lie down as they loot them. THOSE are the things that made me get interested in the game. Only to be entirely DISSAPOINTED when having to run for about 4 hours only to find utter SHIT (sorry for swearing).

The gameplay at the moment is so poor that either im doing something wrong or this game is so unplayable. 

Please enlighten me what im doing wrong. HOW do i get FOOD, WEAPONS, backpacks? NO VILLAGES have any ITEMS. Whats the point in running from village to village when there is nothing there?

Regards angry new player.

Le Sigh....dumb poster is the dumb.

Before I start I'm going to say this, You know this game is in Alpha.As I've stated in a half a dozen posts, if you'd botheer to read anything from the devs, you'd know why there aren't many zombies. In videos where people are riding in cars...you're watching videos for the Mod, not the standalone. Vehicles haven't been added yet. As far as food, weapons, backpacks, and other goodies, you're likely going into the coastal towns, which are usually picked pretty clean since that's where everyone spawns. Move inland to have a better chance of finding things or move to a low populated server to gear up if you absolutely feel that you must. That said, I've never had any problems finding anything. I come across 2 or three backpacks an hour. Food is all over, finding something to open cans is a bit more challenging. Use a fireaxe, screwdriver, hacksaw or any sharp or pokey weapon. You'll spill some of the food, but it's better than starving. Finding a gun can be a bit more difficult. Check fire stations, air fields, barracks, refugee camps, hangers, those long storage houses, or the big metal ones. TEC buildings too sometimes. Go to dayzdb.com, it has marker locations of where you are likely to find things. As for things being clumsy, it's alpha. As for controls, check the keybindings. This game doesn't hold your hand. If it did, you would start with more than a flashlight and a battery. Play ARMA II and the mod if you want some sort of idea, or check the forums for newb guides. There's tons of them. I'm sorry that you are lazy and been coddled too much by games like BF and COD. This game is much like the apocalypse, it's a cold bitch, even more cruel at times than S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I've never had a problem finding anything. Surviving long enough to get your hands on it is another matter entirely, but I've gotten a lot better. My REg/Vet character is fully decked and armed well enough to fight off small army, with almost 2 and a half weeks of survival time under his belt. My New hardcore mode character...well...lets just say he's surviving. He may be half dead but he's survived a few days now of rampant running aimlessly with a small group of maniacs playing the game of 'How long can we survive in Cherno while playing like we don't give a fuck. WE all got fully armed in about an hour, on full servers no less, and only one of us has died in almost a week, and that was only because someone played 'I'ma run through this tree while Westerburg is playing Joaquin Phoenix in Signs with a half a dozen zombies and a fireaxe.' We laughed for a good ten minutes while he bled to death and his body slid across the outskirts of cherno with two guys chasing him and attempting to put a bandage on the poor SOB.

Long story slightly less long, you're looking in the wrong towns on the wrong servers and associating the wrong videos with the wrong version of the game, not to mention not bothering to read the forums before you post.

WEsterburg out....

• Like 1

Totally disagree, OP. You ARE doing something wrong. Add me on Steam (Same name & pic), and we'll play for a bit as long as it's a hardcore server. I don't have a character there yet, as my friend doesn't want to play without 3p.

I have a mic and TS if needed.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

its in alpha witch means most features are not done yet, the game is like 5% done...

its in alpha witch means most features are not done yet, the game is like 5% done...

Which witch wished which sandwich?

:P

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

If you want to gather some loot then few advises for you pal:

1. Travel to some place where loot should respawn(barracks f.e.) and hop servers (change it), by jumping to many of them you will get either what you've wanted or bullet in your head, so be cautious. In first sign of danger - log out.

2. Be hostile. Get an axe or use your fists, yell at micro: "friendly!" and run and chop heads and then gather everything what you will find.

ps. And don't listen to whiners here who would tell you something about fair play (to not to log out and hop) or to be friendly and help each other, that's all a bullshit and this suckers use it to justify their dumbness (which they call "IMMERSION OF SURVIVAL"). To survive - means use any opportunity which this game offer to you. Good luck.

Hopping is for little girls. Don't be the one.

• Like 1

Ok gonna keep it short for you :)

1. You bought an early alpha, which NOBODY recommends either buying or playing yet, including the devs....

2. You didnt do the research required, to join an alpha development process like this, thus you expected it was a funtional game, which it isnt atm.

3. You are now on theese forums complaining about things, you would be well aware of, had you done your research before buying it.

4. Lean back, let the game sit for 6-12 months and then come back and see what its like.

Dont take this as any kind of personal attack, but you clearly just saw the game on Steam, bought it and jumped right into it, without figuring out if its even a game for you or how far in development it is atm.

So either you accept its not ready to play yet, or you keep on playing a broken game and be angry about it, your choice tbh.

• Like 1

Hey, i just started playing this game. And before i start i want to say that i KNOW this is alpha and the game is not finished, so im complaining about the current game. 

I played on 5 different servers for about 4 HOURS. I've ran past about 8 villages and into EVERY HOUSE of those villages, only to find like 2 boots, 1 empty can of rice, sunglasses and flashlights. 

Come back when you'v played more than 4 hours you noob. I think they need to roughly half all of the food and drink spawns as theres far too much, its too damn easy. I haven't died since launch day and I have over 50 hours in Standalone. Its easy to find food , drink and survive. there are several infinite drinks- wells, lakes, streams etc.

And nearly every village/house/store has food. Its more like a walk in the park than a zombie apocalypse currently.

ANd we dont even have loot respawn yet. Once that happens its going to constant easy mode.

I only have 6 months total PC experience, so im not a veteran or anything, but i strongly strongly recommend making it way harder or you are going to just have a constant deathmatch because no one has to worry about food or survival.

NOBODY recommends either buying or playing yet, including the devs....

theres like 12641681315 positive reviews on steam

theres like 12641681315 positive reviews on steam

Which is a wonder tbh, as nobody should buy this game to play it now....

Ok folks... those of you that decided to post "it's an alpha... duh" and that's it... way to be redundant.  Thanks for the sledgehammer 40 times.  Thanks for feeling the need to chime in with NO help or assistance at all.  You win the intertubes today!

Let's look at this from a game play perspective.  It's a horror survival MMO... emphasis on the survival.  What fun would it be if every house you went in was littered with food and water?  What fun would it be if every industrial building you went into was strewn with med supplies and weapons.  That turns it into a PVP game if you ask me.  That's not what I signed up for.  Oh it's part of it... but it's not the focus.  The focus, as so many here have reminded you, is the aspect of survival.  There should be, in my humble opinion, a balance between finding supplies, avoiding zombies and then avoiding hostile players.  All with the curse of permadeath hanging over the entire thing.

If you're looking to login... find a bunch of cool stuff and hit the "I Win" button... you're going to be very disappointed or you've purchased the wrong game.

i KNOW this is alpha

so im complaining about the current game. 

LOL QUÉ?

How is it unrealistic to not be able to find food and loot in houses that've been ransacked hourly for who-knows-how-long?

It'd be more realistic to require everything to be crafted or hunted.. Crossbows, furs, and a sack of potatoes are the future!  ;)

I would be a bit lost if I didn't play the mod.

I know Chernarus pretty well. I know where to get gear. I know which houses to avoid, where to avoid players, where to find players. A few decent spots to watch unsuspecting people loot.

It all comes with time. Veteran players could easily assume this game is too easy to get a gun. I am not saying that it is, but every choice could be your last.

If you want to gather some loot then few advises for you pal:

1. Travel to some place where loot should respawn(barracks f.e.) and hop servers (change it), by jumping to many of them you will get either what you've wanted or bullet in your head, so be cautious. In first sign of danger - log out.

2. Be hostile. Get an axe or use your fists, yell at micro: "friendly!" and run and chop heads and then gather everything what you will find.

ps. And don't listen to whiners here who would tell you something about fair play (to not to log out and hop) or to be friendly and help each other, that's all a bullshit and this suckers use it to justify their dumbness (which they call "IMMERSION OF SURVIVAL"). To survive - means use any opportunity which this game offer to you. Good luck.

I'm hoping this retard kid is trolling.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Ok folks... those of you that decided to post "it's an alpha... duh" and that's it... way to be redundant.  Thanks for the sledgehammer 40 times.  Thanks for feeling the need to chime in with NO help or assistance at all.  You win the intertubes today!

Let's look at this from a game play perspective.  It's a horror survival MMO... emphasis on the survival.  What fun would it be if every house you went in was littered with food and water?  What fun would it be if every industrial building you went into was strewn with med supplies and weapons.  That turns it into a PVP game if you ask me.  That's not what I signed up for.  Oh it's part of it... but it's not the focus.  The focus, as so many here have reminded you, is the aspect of survival.  There should be, in my humble opinion, a balance between finding supplies, avoiding zombies and then avoiding hostile players.  All with the curse of permadeath hanging over the entire thing.

If you're looking to login... find a bunch of cool stuff and hit the "I Win" button... you're going to be very disappointed or you've purchased the wrong game.

Agreed.  Loot should be sparse otherwise there's no survival aspect anymore.

I've been playing 4 days and even I know....RICE DOESN'T COME IN CANS! ;)

It's a bag and you have to eat it raw and it seriously dehydrates you so don't eat it unless you're near a well or are a camel.  Beans are the way to go.

I do understand some of your frustrations.  I've not been able to find food before, whether it was too near the coast, too many people, picked over area whatever it's no less frustrating.  And god forbid you server hop.  People forget what it's like to be new in a game.  I've had to figure things out a little at a time but every time I play I get better and make it a little further. Nothing is more frustrating than to work for 4 hours just scraping by only to die over something silly. And I've spent hours looking for a backpack and other times I've run across 3 in the first 5 minutes.  :huh:

But few games have made me genuinely feel panic or I've logged off in frustration ...only to be eager to log in again the next day.  Give it a chance.  This game has so much potential.

I have a lot of luck on night servers although thats not something everyone enjoys, especially while totally new to the game.  It's the closest I come to really server hopping because I dont crank up my brightness and gamma,(Someone give me a medal) so I try to find a server with the Moon out at least.  Some of my scariest moments were while playing at night which makes me want to do it more...something about hearing that guttural sound some zombies make as they sneak up just scares the shit out of me.

• Like 1

I didn't played the mod, but be4 i bought dayZ i knew there wern't a lot of zombies, loot didn't respawn and it's full of other bugs. i knew this because it's an alpha and there is so much information on the internet about DayZ SA. you also get reminded of it when you open the steam page, when you click on buy, when you click accept on payment and everytime you start the game. I don't know what the Dev's could have done more to warn you.

up until now i never starved, dehydrated or had trouble finding any loot. zombies only killed me in my 1st life and the rest of the time i get KOS'd. I just have to work on my stealth skills and it's gonna take time.

Its either about luck, or the server. Loot respawns only on server restart, so high populated servers loot goes down fast. If you're on a server, and you suddenly lose connection, usually it means it restarted.