Charcoal

SUGGESTION: Wearing the United Nations Beret puts you into PVE-Only mode

Am talking about the UN Military Beret

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

Anyway this suggestion is good because:

1) It makes sense story-wise, as the UN is the primary peacekeeper organization

2) It basically lets people play the "medic" role

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

LMK what you think of this idea!

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

Not to be rude but no.. this goes against everything dayz is about..

• Like 43

As much as I like both PVP and PVE.....this is just a NO. :3 I think it would be a bad idea, just wait for private hives then y'all can make all the PVE servers you want.

I think a good idea is to have the community recognize anyone wearing it as a friendly player. Bandits will obviously abuse this, but it's still worth a shot.

• Like 2

I don't think having a special bullet proof beret is going to improve the game.  PvP, or the constant threat of PvP. is what makes DayZ so tense. 

Wear the UN beret and spread the word that those who wear it are friendly/medics - but dont expect players to follow the rules.

• Like 16

Um No....If your going to wear the UN Beret, then you must, as the UN, run from any engagements and seek refuge from anyone who will protect you....

Edited by TwstedFate
  • Like 1

Everyone needs to stop this fucking shit, just because you suck at the game and have no social skills doesn't mean there should be a PvE only mode. It is the most retarded thing on these forums, and obviously KoS will decrease with time since now there are like 500 000 noobs playing the game, either they all stop playing it or they understand how boring it is to KoS, just stop these retarded threads please.

• Like 4

So my suggestion is:

Any gameplay mechanics made for fluffyness are a no. Did you even see the drawbacks of all the fucking abuse? Oh wow, you can't shoot them... Good for them, they can run in, have god mode, and stalk people so that the rest of their group and come in and brutally slaughter them. It's just fake bambi baiting but the bait has god mode. Regardless, zombies aren't a threat, players are. You basically want some invulnerable whiner to be able to run around with a group, unable to get kill unless he somehow glitches and dies, and probably either store all their good loot, or save their shit for when someone else gets their head blown off while the snipers are wondering why the hell this beret guy is invulnerable? 

There is no PvE or PvP, only survival.

You're also in the wrong section of the forum I'm pretty sure.

Edit: What did I do to fuck up this post?, why is it WHITE?

Edit of the Edit(MattLightfoot): Fixed it for you as it hurt my eyes

Edited by Matt Lightfoot
  • Like 2

Suggestion: Put on the Beret. Assume you are on PvE only mode. Play the game. Blame any and all anomalies (getting killed) on alpha.

• Like 4

Zjasuu, everybody has there own way of playing. Stop being a asshat and hating on anything that can be a choice.

• Like 2

No

You're a dumb

If you wanna play PVE against the extreme amount of zombies on the game go hire a server yourself

And no

• Like 3

Absolute no for any implemented mechanics like that one.

On a more serious note, it is of course quite possible that something like this berret idea could in time become a small trend among medic-players, giving a limited signal to others (and at the same time, a new favourite headwear for trolls and bandits).

• Like 2

Can anyone explain to me what PVE mode is?  You can go hours without needing food/water, and zombies take 1 hit with an axe.  What exactly do you do when you "pve"?

• Like 3

Wow. Just... wow. I thought the cooking meth suggestion was daft, but a magical beret that stops bullets? Now I've heard it all. Ludicrous suggestion is ludicrous and wide open for all sorts of exploitation and fuckery. Absolutely not.

If you want to wear the beret and pretend you're fighting the good fight, then carry on, just don't cry into your milk when you get shot in the face. Repeatedly. At range. And close up. With everything.

*wanders off shaking head*

• Like 4

Can anyone explain to me what PVE mode is?  You can go hours without needing food/water, and zombies take 1 hit with an axe.  What exactly do you do when you "pve"?

It is my understanding, that OP actually meant nonPVP rather than PVE. You have to forgive him on that.

Lol if they do that and I know they won't because its just a really bad idea sorry, I'm not a kos type of player just not my style of playing dayz but you need kos people to make the game hard and fun, but for your that one ill follow you after talking to you and you wasted all of your bullets take it of get you in my sight and bang your dead with your idea lol.. It wouldn't work it would make more kos you get sit in a bush with it on see someone take it off lock and load get a clear shot and bang more dead new spawns then you can poke a stick at

Can I wear the hat to be invulnerable, quickly take it off and blow someone's head off with a shotgun, then put it back on?

I love all the complete asshats in hear bitching at someones idea, like if the OP pissed and shit in there pizza rolls or spaghetti or something.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 2

Person 1: *Unloads a full M4 clip into you*

Person 2: Lol fuck off noob im wearing a hat, welcome to dayz *Walks away*

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing the UN beret will be shot on sight, UN colors detach thmselve very well from the vegetation.

Your suggestion make no sense because there is no UN anymore, this is the end of humanity.