cj14

3rd Person/1st Person

So...I joined a regular server to play with a friend and I realize my character is a fresh spawn...so we tried another server and then we realize there are 2 character on your DayZ copy...one for Hardcore and one for Regular servers where the only difference is the permission to use 3rd person view (which I've never used in the game). I think is stupid...I gotta start all over again just for a regular server? player should be persistent across ALL servers, private or public, regular or hardcore

So...I joined a regular server to play with a friend and I realize my character is a fresh spawn...so we tried another server and then we realize there are 2 character on your DayZ copy...one for Hardcore and one for Regular servers where the only difference is the permission to use 3rd person view (which I've never used in the game). I think is stupid...I gotta start all over again just for a regular server? player should be persistent across ALL servers, private or public, regular or hardcore

oh,poor you  :( 

Well too bad for you. Of course you wouldn't want it too easy now would you? Next big thing should be even less loot and limited restarts per day on hardcore servers to sort the wheat from the chaff.

LOL This is old news xD Also, I like the idea to have two different characters, it makes it harder. :)

TO MY KNOWLEDGE,

It is designed so that players using the 3pp look-around-corners feature/exploit cannot get gear that will allow them to go to a 1pp server and kill players in 1pp using the gear that they got in 3pp with the look-around-corners feature/exploit.

Its a fair system and reduces the complaining about players who use 1pp having to deal with players who use the 3pp feautre/exploit to get gear

• Like 1

me and brother fuchur just started a new char on hardcore. All went well but then i needed to take a QUICK piss...thinking that after all those hours brother fuchur might hang around...he got attacked by someone "looking like you" while i was comming back from my piss fliping out for a sec. ( eh you know how that goes..."why dident you watch" ect ect...) for beign uncouncious.Yeah...hardcore....gonna do that shit again.

I gotta start all over again just for a regular server? player should be persistent across ALL servers, private or public, regular or hardcore

nope...you dident get the memo. You can find it in pristine condition in gorka.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

^ Lol, you got killed because you went AFK and blame it on the perspective you played in? What part of that story couldn't have happened in a 3PP server?

To OP:

Sort server list on game-mode, only play top/bottom servers - fixed!

I like the separation of both characters between game modes. Really can't see any downsides to it. If you want to play 1PP only you know you're gonna only encounter players who deliberately chose to play that game-style (and same goes for 3PP I guess). There are a lot of servers to choose from so you're not limited in any way whatsoever.

• Like 1

If you had read some more information in the annoucement section, you would know this is the first step only :)

Theres gonna be more differences down the road, to ensure "Regular" and "Hardcore" players are kept happy.

Pick one and stick with it, atm its only 1st/3rd that makes the difference, but more will come down the road mate.

^ Lol, you got killed because you went AFK and blame it on the perspective you played in? What part of that story couldn't have happened in a 3PP server?

Nah. I have only me to blame. It just sounds more funny like that. ;) ( its still a computer game...or isent it... )

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I've started with Regular/Veteran Servers but as soon as I realized how abusive the 3rd person view actually is... I switched to Hardcore-Servers.

It took some time to get used to first person only, but I have to say that after about 10 hours playing in hardcore I cannot go back to 3rd person, tested it and it feels weird.

The whole immersion is a lot bigger in first person view and if you have got good peripheral vision you can discern yourself from the rest.

Edited by YassirX

I like having more than one character. When my buddies play we all log out at the same area and now that there is a separate hive I can just play a different character to lone wolf with. I enjoy both perspectives so I do not really care that I am in 1PP only as a lone wolf plus I do not have to run for 30 minutes after I die just to play with buddies during our next session. 

Well too bad for you. Of course you wouldn't want it too easy now would you? Next big thing should be even less loot and limited restarts per day on hardcore servers to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Limited restarts? For a game you bought you actually want it to lock you out of playing, man the internet is a strange place. 

Limited restarts? For a game you bought you actually want it to lock you out of playing, man the internet is a strange place. 

He means they should restrict the restarts to a minimum of (for example) 6 hours. Currently the hardcore server I'm forced(due to it being populated) play on advertises "fast loot" meaning they restart it frequently, to inject more loot into the world. This goes against the nature of a hardcore experience.

354z1o.jpg