Sign in to follow this  
flyxdvd

Streaming DayZ SA

Hello,

i stream alot of my games (not that populair) but i just like to record it if anything funny happens.

same with League.

Well, i tried streaming Dayz SA (i normaly use screen capture) but since there isnt the option "borderless" yet i need to use game capture wich works ofc but the quality is bad while in league i can easy 1080p etc. (love borderless).

while that isnt really the main issue my problem is more whenever i stream i get great lagg ingame wich makes unable to see my friends who i play with. I never get lagg in league while i stream that 720p

so to the question: is there any streamer here who uses OBS and if so do you have any problems? And if not could anyone help me?

kind regards, FlyX

I don't stream myself, but I do know that many of the bigger streamers use OBS and a lot of them run the game fine, very smooth. Some of the smaller streamers I notice considerable pixelation, lag and frame-drops - most likely just due to the rig. 

What are you specs?

What are you specs?

This.

DayZ is very poorly optimized right now. You can't compare it to League of Legends performance wise.

hey sorry for the late response, was at school ;)

OBS (x64)
encoding: Quality Balance:8 Everything checked, Max bitrate KB/s:1000, Buffer size Kbit:2500 (could change?)

Broadcast Settings: Just my stream with an delay of 5 seconds

video: custom:1920,1080 Resolution Downscale:1.50 (1280x720) filter:Bilinear (fastest) fps:50
Audio: well no problem with that.
advanced: Checked:use multithreaded optimizations,Proccess priority class:normal scene buffering time:700
allow hotkeys checked, x264 cpu preset:veryfast x264 Encoding profile:main keyframe interval:2
checked: use cfr, latency tuning:20

i hope you can make something out of this? dont know an easier way haha

edit: i have no problem with any fps drop at dayz atm, its more i get intense lagg when streaming wich i do not get with league or any other game ^^

and here are my spec:
obqPS.jpg
Edited by flyxdvd