RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

If the Devs intention was a PvP arena, they won't make a map so big that you'll need 5000 players to fill it... just think about it... what is the point of making such a big map if you want people killing each other in a small area ?

I believe the purpose was choice. You can choose to seclude yourself or you can chose to go toward others.

Also, having adequate real estate is required to move around effectively. There needs to be multiple routes and options for players to travel. If there wasn't, there'd be much less complicated tactics.

• Like 1

I am gonna stay on topic here:

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Well, the only two reasons I bought the Stand Alone, are because I like Dayz and played it thousand of hours,it's an adventure, it's a story maker like no other games, for me gun fight is only 30% of the game... and in the mod it started to be unplayable because of hackers, so here comes my second reason I bought Sa, get hackers out of the way so I can play again ... Well... I don't know why but I knew it ..Hacking status of Dayz Sa is, and is gonna be the SAME as the mod was.

-Unplayable-

It's alpha, yep, so maybe things are going to be done, BE do what they can I am sure of that, but they rely on signature, which mean they can stop known hacks, the ones you can download, they can do nothing on the ones people make themselves and don't share, because they don't know the signature of it... So to me BE cannot stop this, they reduce their numbers yes, but more is to be done Dev side on the network side and monitoring of events live ingame, this is the only way to me.

Lets see... 0.49 code permit database monitoring, so duping and cheated mags are going to have a hard time (or not) but it's a start, lets cross fingers something is going to be done against hacking one day.

• Like 2

Have you ever played Dayz?

I had this same exact hack happen to me twice in the last 3 days.

And if you really knew much about dayz you would know that the mod and the Stand alone has hacks up the ass.

Rocket, clearly once again, has no clue about the architecture of the game that made him wealthy.

Clearly, Rocket should not be leading the Dayz development if he had no clue how easy and rampant this new hack is in the last 5 days.

<snip>

Was there not a hack that killed everyone on the map in Battlefield 3 WAY after its final release? Did that result in anyone getting replaced?

What?

Rocket is on record claiming a hack that is common in the last 5 or 6 days is impossible. If you think Bill Gates was ever so wrong about the many systems he built over the 30 or 35 years of his career than you are out of your mind to compare the two.

I read such an assumption from hicks on twitter, can you please propvide the source, I'd like to read what he has to say.

It's ain't a "hack" at least not in the way what hack stands for.

Even if, it's more abusing a flawed codepiece/exploit.

Let's not get hung up in semantics here, if players can trigger it, they destroy ppl on the whole server with one act.

<snap>

EDIT: Removal of not fitting content after the thread got merged.

Edited by bautschi

You  can call it a bluggery-duggery if you want, it still happened.

Yeh and what's your problem?

Let's not get hung up in semantics here, if players can trigger it, they destroy ppl on the whole server with one act.

Normally there is no reason hang-up on semantics, but ppl come along with statements like that, we have to talk bout that:

And if you really knew much about dayz you would know that the mod and the Stand alone has hacks up the ass.

Rocket, clearly once again, has no clue about the architecture of the game that made him wealthy.

Clearly, Rocket should not be leading the Dayz development if he had no clue how easy and rampant this new hack is in the last 5 days.

Edited by Guest

It's ain't a "hack" at least not in the way what hack stands for.

Even if, it's more abusing a flawed codepiece/exploit.

But client side is not supposed to have access to other clients. So someone has to hack the game in order to trick the other clients into spawning as a new spawn. At least this is how I understand it. How could it not be a hack? Are you saying there is a button in the menu that says "make everyone in the server into a fresh spawn with no clothes? It's a hack similar to the mod hack where everyone was teleported and killed.

How could this not be a hack?

Yeh and what's your problem?

Normally there is no reason hang-up on semantics, but ppl come along with statements like that, we have to talk bout that:

Such insight. Much purpose. Wow.

You  can call it a bluggery-duggery if you want, it still happened.

I find it hysterical that the legitimacy of this experience is being questioned.   

They aren't saying the experience isn't possible, what they are saying is that it's impossible for a hack to accomplish this. On the surface it may appear to people to be a hack (due to their experience with thunderdome etc in the mod) but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. It may very well be a bug with server/hive communication or the hive like Hicks suggested.

From my perspective as a pre-alpha tester, the specific location (vybor bridge) and the testing 123 message does lend itself to Hick's theory (this was the testing location and message you received each time you connected to a server back then as the hive wasn't implemented at the time)

• Like 1

They aren't saying the experience isn't possible, what they are saying is that it's impossible for a hack to accomplish this. On the surface it may appear to people to be a hack (due to their experience with thunderdome etc in the mod) but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. It may very well be a bug with server/hive communication or the hive like Hicks suggested.

From my perspective as a pre-alpha tester, the specific location (vybor bridge) and the testing 123 message does lend itself to Hick's theory (this was the testing location and message you received each time you connected to a server back then as the hive wasn't implemented at the time)

Wow, I was beginning to think that nobody was cable of articulating themselves. Thanks for clarifying the confusion. I didn't know that location had a history, but that makes sense. Some left over code?

I see the semantics will continue to be argued by some... really all that matters to me is that its addressed. I don't care what you call it. :)

My crew ran into a blatant hacker last night, from the NWAF radio mast we hear a ton of explosions, we decide to go for a browse and see what's going on.

The moment we enter the town a players teleporting from rooftop to rooftop spamming grenades.... He then proceeded to teleport ontop of a 2 story building (3 of our players spotted this) and opens fire on us all....no bullets returned back to this so called hacker did any damage.

Edited by TheWeedMan

They aren't saying the experience isn't possible, what they are saying is that it's impossible for a hack to accomplish this. On the surface it may appear to people to be a hack (due to peoples experience with thunderdome etc in the mod) but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the case. It may very well be a bug with server/hive communication or the hive like Hicks suggested.

I haven't seen any mention of it on the hacking site I monitor and they normally can't shut up about their hacks but there was a vid posted over on reddit of it happening the moment a hacker was killed. I think it's some sort of exploit/hack that a few hackers are aware of and more and more are finding out about it now. Also someone mentioned threads with it are being deleted over at reddit because of rule 3 so if it wasn't a hack then that's confusing.

I mean why didn't it happen from day one after the update to stable? Why isn't it happening on experimental (or is it?)

Either way it's a bug that needs fixing but it's one I'm glad I haven't experienced and one that I don't want to experience either.

• Like 1

hell not even 5 seconds ago since this post i watched people on stream glitching through walls which i thought they fixed a few builds back nooopee. Getting discouraging is what it is.

• Like 1

hell not even 5 seconds ago since this post i watched people on stream glitching through walls which i thought they fixed a few builds back nooopee. Getting discouraging is what it is.

see my post 3 dayzs ago. atm there is always some guys sitting in walls everywhere around berezino. facotrybuilding, highbuildings, the houses next to the bar in berezino.

or you mean "this looking" through walls? i know one building in berezino where it is still possible.

Edited by newguyzombie

Has it been always the Vybor bridge? If so that makes very much sense then. Maybe something specific is just made and something glitches the server connection? Just like throwing item that I can't remember crashed the server.

But maybe I shouldn't worry and talk about that much because I haven't watched any of those videos except the one on this page and this is probably fixed before I can even experience it :D

Ah good old Vybor bridge and the clones are back.

Edited by St. Jimmy

If the Devs intention was a PvP arena, they won't make a map so big that you'll need 5000 players to fill it... just think about it... what is the point of making such a big map if you want people killing each other in a small area ?

If the Devs intenation wasn't to have PvP, then why the hell is the entire map an open world free for all PvP area...  Just think about it... What is the point of making the entire map PvP enabled if you didn't want people killing each other.

Just saw this:

Have a friend and you want him destroyed or perhaps someone who tortured you in the past Maybe a clan or someone that killed you and your friends?

Well i'll send my regards and wipe your enemys gear.
Things i can do: Go on a server and masswipe the whole server. Kill everyone in the most glorious way possible.
What does this hack do? Well first of all its not a hack its a bug. What the bug does is it summons everyone under a bridge and causes a black panther party.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2fcmzc/another_perspective_of_this_thunderdome_vybor/ck8225v

Edited by freethink

Today me and my friends were at berezino. We were in a building in ToxicHouse Clan server. It had 40/40 players in it (So alot of people were around.) We were sitting there and suddenly we heard a voice talking to us from a wall. He then took all of the ammo out of our guns and then killed all of us. Then once we spawned in he was the invisible but the only thing we could see was what he was holding in his hands (fire extinguisher.) He then spawned 100's of zombies and then shot my friend. If you guys could somehow find this hacker or keep and eye on the ToxicHouse clan server that would be great. Or even try to do a patch to fix that hack.

Thanks 

Has someone else seen the spawning of 100s of zeds? That seems to be new, never heard of it.

And no, I do not doubt your word or call you a liar, I just want to know if that happens frequently.

If hacking is as out of control as you all say then help combat it.  Server renters start shutting off your servers.  Maybe doing this will open up BiS's eyes at this apparent hacking outbreak.  And FYI, almost 600 hours in and I have not seen a single hacker.

I kinda believe the whole it's a glitch thing, because as mentioned that is seemingly the default spawn, and you can actually get that spawn some times and end up completely naked there with your character reset (used to be to the white male) and full hydrated/energized.

However, I don't think it ends there, and even if a glitch it's one that's being intentionally triggered.  "Hack" or not, it's still something being done by "cheaters" imo, even if it's closer to the spectrum to wall glitching or duping than 3rd party hacks.

• Like 1

I kinda believe the whole it's a glitch thing, because as mentioned that is seemingly the default spawn, and you can actually get that spawn some times and end up completely naked there with your character reset (used to be to the white male) and full hydrated/energized.

However, I don't think it ends there, and even if a glitch it's one that's being intentionally triggered.  "Hack" or not, it's still something being done by "cheaters" imo, even if it's closer to the spectrum to wall glitching or duping than 3rd party hacks.

Agree. It's something like the throwing splint thing used to be.

Edited by freethink

I can accept that perhaps the new Thunderdome is merely a bug, though it seems odd it started appearing when it did (between stable releases). I can even accept that it can't be triggered by another player, and that it will be fixed soon.

But I'd really like someone to comment on this. I mean, how is it possible to interfere with other players or their hive records? Speedhacks, teleporting of self, scripting gear, in my mind I can at least fathom how someone has injected something their client code that the server is accepting as valid. But how in the world would it allow changes to other peoples inventory, actions, or location...from another client? Or is this some type of thing staged on a private server crafted with the stolen source? I have my doubts as it appears to show items I think were added after that occurred, (high cap vests, splints)

not even the half of it

Or is this some type of thing staged on a private server crafted with the stolen source? I have my doubts as it appears to show items I think were added after that occurred, (high cap vests, splints)

I'm a bit skeptical too but the system message about combat logging being an act of cowardice is one I've seen often on a server I frequent.  Don't remember which one specifically, just that I've seen that exact message before...

Pretty awful if it's legit.  Definitely seen some of that stuff/had it happen, but not the forcing animations and wasn't aware of stealing player's vision etc.

The more time I spend in berezino the more hackers I see, wallhacks, and teleportation are the most common. 

I cannot believe I leave the game for FIVE months because of the hacking, and then when I come back it is worse than ever. There is absolutely no way I am going to spend 20 hours looking for gear when hacks exist where players can instantly steal gear directly out of your inventory. At least with unlimited ammo and speedhacks I have some defense. This is game breaking.