RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

We never go to Berezino because I believe it's hacker central. So a squadmate and I are hold up in a building because we heard Mosin fire close by. We hear someone over VOIP say, you better get out of the top floor before we take all your gear. Then another voice, sounded like a 9 year-old said the same thing. I'm thinking we got some company wall glitching and get ready to defend ourselves.

Next thing I know, piece by piece my gear is gone and it happened to my friend as well.

So this is the new hack? Remove peoples gear?

Jeesh.

Report it. Don't tell the whole freakin' forum.

Is it really necessary to be so aggressive? It's not like I'm giving instructions on how to do it or where do buy the hack. Thanks for the support.

I know about the bug report and will follow up.

Yeah its been becoming popular now.

Thanks man. I'm a bit out of the loop on stuff like this.

• Like 1

Gee, I can't wait to hear what the new flavor of hacks is next month  :rolleyes:

Oh, for your hack complaints, they go here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168635-whats-the-current-hacking-status-like-in-dayzsa/

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Just got hit by this to, as soon as I logged on. NEAF and Berenzino is Hacker Central.

Edited by Remus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-3qzZrtJaQ&feature=youtu.be  This is the reason why anti hacking really needs to be implemented. And if it is implemented, then it needs to be worked on extensively. I just happened to be recording at this time, but just 1 night before this me and my buddy encountered a teleporter and he knew exactly where we were the second we logged in. Yes i get that it's in alpha, but if that kind of stuff does not get addressed, it will kill the game for a lot of people. Including me. I was having a blast but after two nights in a row of some hacker just screwing me or my buddies over, I'm done for awhile. I won't be coming back to DayZ until I see some patches integrated to fix this kind of crap. I love the game, it is my favorite game that I have, but damn.

• Like 4

Pretty much sums up a trip to berezino or the neaf these days.  You did the right thing by just logging imo, that's pretty much what me and my group do now as well.  Put your gun away, book it and log.

If you stay in, you're likely to die any ways so you may as well risk the time it takes to log.

These guys don't have god mode as far as I know, but they've got enough other tricks that while you can probably kill them it's not necessarily worth it.  Like in the video, you clearly hit the guy multiple times but he managed to teleport or whatever before he went down.  Besides, even if you kill them they'll just regear instantly any ways.

This is every day, on every single server for me.  Without fail.  So I totally feel ya on just wanting to quit till it's addressed.  Hopefully that's sooner rather than later.

(BTW, I know these threads are popping up a lot and I keep posting in them all.  But I think while I'm sure the team is aware of this stuff, it can't hurt to have too many complaints about it as long as they aren't just crying for the sake of crying.  It really is a huge deal right now, it's so widespread that if no real focus is put onto it, the game will be essentially unplayable soon in any meaningful capacity.  It already nearly is imo, as the post above shows.  Yes it's alpha, yes things will be addressed, but there's no reason it can't be made a focus now because these hacks aren't going away and do need to be fixed.)

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

I'm sure that in the next few weeks we'll see a wave of players getting global banned by BE.

In the meantime, stay away from NEAF and Berezino or take a break for a while.

• Like 1

What has to be done to allow the community to report cheaters, is the following:

1) STEAM nickname is TIED to your DAYZ nickname

2) Whenever you are killed a message pops up telling you who killed you - basically in the same manner as "You are getting wet", for example, "You were killed by XXXXXX".

This won't help against the recent gear cheaters, but it certainly would allow the community to report those who kill you while speedhacking etc. More tools for admins would be appreciated, but then again the problem of admin abuse will arise. 

• Like 2

What has to be done to allow the community to report cheaters, is the following:

1) STEAM nickname is TIED to your DAYZ nickname

2) Whenever you are killed a message pops up telling you who killed you - basically in the same manner as "You are getting wet", for example, "You were killed by XXXXXX".

This won't help against the recent gear cheaters, but it certainly would allow the community to report those who kill you while speedhacking etc. More tools for admins would be appreciated, but then again the problem of admin abuse will arise. 

Yeah because the community can totally make the difference between cheating and an awesome lucky shot when all butthurt.

This video made me smile a bit tho, clearly the server isn't doing all the proximity checks it should be (yet).

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

Yeah because the community can totally make the difference between cheating and an awesome lucky shot when all butthurt.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts, similar to the discussion going on in the other thread.  The false reports would be through the roof and make it pretty meaningless, even more so if it was done in regards to telling you who killed you, rather than you checking their body (as suggested in the other thread).

Even beyond people calling hacks over legitimately being outplayed, there's enough lag and bugginess in game to create a ton of situations where people would also unintentionally file false reports.

Ive been running around Berezino helping new players. healed broken legs here and there, I keep numerous FNX's and ammo in cases to give to unarmed players..bandages ..canteens etc. 

Anyway so I felt really shitty when I walk up into room in the top floor of a building, pick up a box of .45 ammo ..start going down the stairs and ..my M4 puts itself away ... I hit the button on the hot bar ..no go ..wait ..,my hot bar is all white! its not even on my back! wait ..my pack is gone too! my 35 slot mountain pack! and my jacket!!!! 

my m4, my ammo box full of ammo, my vest! my last FNX45 with mag! 600 ROUNDS OF AMMO all of these I spawned with, they just DISSAPEARED once I started to make my way down the steps!

I log out, log back in ...Then some guy with an M4 kills me ..

Could he just have been stuck in a wall and looted me while I was standing still? can you loot living players? But there was no one around it seemed at all when all my stuff dissapeared! 

Is this a known hack or something? Really pissed ...everything ive gotten over the last 3 days is gone :(

Edited by Photonic

there does need to be some way of knowing who killed who (even if its hidden from the public) otherwise trying to do anything about it as an admin/server owner is a lost cause. a few thing that need mentioning tho;

the soo called "wall hacks", shooting out from inside structures, under the floor, etc. are GLITCHES. there is very little anti-cheat software can do about this. this is dodgy collisin meshes on the building models which allow players to glitch thru them- some individuals have gon to great lengths to perfect techniques to reliably fall/roll into these glitches so they can exploit them.

owners/admins do need local permaban lists for said exploiters. there does need to be some standard of proof (such as video) and this is where having kill feed matters to prove it was john and not joe who was in the glitch shooting people. obviously this does open up the realm of butthurt admins banning for no reason but that will ahve to be dealt with thru complaints to owners, GSPs, and perhaps ultimately filing complaints against the server to have it removed if no one does nothing about it. (sorry to tell you BIS, but you do need atleast a few people tasked with handling such complaints and black list these sorts of servers.)

This is getting pretty insane with the hacks. People are able to take all your gear while you're still alive at a distance now.

It happened to me and a friend.

Others can move around at super fast speeds, go through walls and are impossible to kill.

The hacks are getting out of control.

I know it's an alpha but it's crazy.

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME. Omg! So it is a hack then! 

Edited by Photonic

Server admins (which they really are not) ARE the public too, they don't need to know any more than the average player.

• Like 3

Why don't BIS redirect some of the millions and allocate a couple of the 160 staff they keep banging on about to focus purely on this issue, afterall it's their game the hackers are ruining, it's their loyal honest customers who are suffering. it's as thought they don't care. Ask around Rocket, see what people think about this and I believe most players would appreciate a concerted attack on hackers rather more than a few new hats.

I know BattleEye is supposed to be policing it but that don't mean BIS can wash their hands of the issue and ignore it, a two pronged approach is needed, twice the effort = twice the success.

infinite ammo for example, I am sure 2 good coders working together could come up with a program that scans inventories when players join a server, if it sees infinite ammo mags hand out an insta ban. This would end infinite ammo overnight.

Edited by Macdeth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-3qzZrtJaQ&feature=youtu.be  This is the reason why anti hacking really needs to be implemented. And if it is implemented, then it needs to be worked on extensively. I just happened to be recording at this time, but just 1 night before this me and my buddy encountered a teleporter and he knew exactly where we were the second we logged in. Yes i get that it's in alpha, but if that kind of stuff does not get addressed, it will kill the game for a lot of people. Including me. I was having a blast but after two nights in a row of some hacker just screwing me or my buddies over, I'm done for awhile. I won't be coming back to DayZ until I see some patches integrated to fix this kind of crap. I love the game, it is my favorite game that I have, but damn.

Merged

Why don't BIS redirect some of the millions and allocate a couple of the 160 staff they keep banging on about to focus purely on this issue, afterall it's their game the hackers are ruining, it's their loyal honest customers who are suffering. it's as thought they don't care. Ask around Rocket, see what people think about this and I believe most players would appreciate a concerted attack on hackers rather more than a few new hats.

You should know better than that. 3D Artist are not the same people as the coders.

And - teleporting has something builtin by the server already on experimental, which is why all the rubberbanding happened, where the server thought you were in a different place than you actually were, which is why you rubberbanded backwards.

You should know better than that. 3D Artist are not the same people as the coders.

And - teleporting has something builtin by the server already on experimental, which is why all the rubberbanding happened, where the server thought you were in a different place than you actually were, which is why you rubberbanded backwards.

they are running around buying studios so money is there, my point is spend more on keeping the game clean. These companies that sell cheats and hacks, why don't they do what the british government does and approach one of these companies and say 'come and work for us' fight fire with fire, use a bit of imagination.

I am sure they are doing a bit but it aint enough.

• Like 1

I know BattleEye is supposed to be policing it but that don't mean BIS can wash their hands of the issue and ignore it, a two pronged approach is needed, twice the effort = twice the success.

infinite ammo for example, I am sure 2 good coders working together could come up with a program that scans inventories when players join a server, if it sees infinite ammo mags hand out an insta ban. This would end infinite ammo overnight.

This isn't even needed, the real issue is how those infinite mags came to be, if only the server is able to create new loot, how is a hacker able to create out of thin air a magazine with more bullets in it than it's maximum capacity?

because information was bruteforced and stolen hackers can make different type of hacks, one of them is stealing loot. umad.