RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I remember somone telling me about a game, forgot the name. Well, if you cheat in this game you will get only matched with cheaters then. This is somewhat a great way to deal with hackers :D

They are not mad, they just rebuy the game. They should raise the price, maybe that hurts at a certain point.

Titanfall does this, and it still wouldn't matter because they could just buy a new account....*facepalm*

I remember somone telling me about a game, forgot the name. Well, if you cheat in this game you will get only matched with cheaters then. This is somewhat a great way to deal with hackers :D

That's a horrible way. Why waste servers, time and give the cheaters a way to still play the game? Just ban the retards and make them spend their cash on buying the game over and over again.

Hi together,

i would like to report a hard cheating guy. I captured it on video at twitch.tv (ist the guy with the mask but will have no problem to see that…).

http://www.twitch.tv/kommunalpolitiker/b/519633207

i am very sorry that u cant hear my voice, i changed my headset and didnt changed it in the open broadcaster.

We met him at n/e airfield, and 2nd sorry, i startet the open braodcaster then but it was updating so the video started about 10 min. to late :(. But u can clearly see how he was cheating by fast moving and glitching throug walls with no clipping. He also was admitting that hes cheating

At the airfield  ( 10 min before) he was able to walk through the walls and – thats the hardest thing – he was able to shoot through the prison without any problem and hit another building how we could clearly see…

I checked the pulse oft the guy, his name was PAULCHEN ( german guy) an the date oft he recording was yesterday 13.april 2014 about between 22.00 to 0.00. my name was Kommunalpolitiker. Perhaps a developer can find this guy if he checks my id and the servers i logged on that day. Unfortunately i dont know the server name where it happend.

For me this way of cheating is exactly what destroys the atmosphere of that game. I am sure everybody of us has ben killed for many time – from in front, from the back or what ever -> thats dayz, but that kind of guys r a NO GO!

If this isnt the right forum to report hat guy it would be nice if u can give me the right adress…

kommunalpolitiker

Hi together,

i would like to report a hard cheating guy. I captured it on video at twitch.tv (ist the guy with the mask but will have no problem to see that…).

http://www.twitch.tv/kommunalpolitiker/b/519633207

i am very sorry that u cant hear my voice, i changed my headset and didnt changed it in the open broadcaster.

We met him at n/e airfield, and 2nd sorry, i startet the open braodcaster then but it was updating so the video started about 10 min. to late :(. But u can clearly see how he was cheating by fast moving and glitching throug walls with no clipping. He also was admitting that hes cheating

At the airfield  ( 10 min before) he was able to walk through the walls and – thats the hardest thing – he was able to shoot through the prison without any problem and hit another building how we could clearly see…

I checked the pulse oft the guy, his name was PAULCHEN ( german guy) an the date oft he recording was yesterday 13.april 2014 about between 22.00 to 0.00. my name was Kommunalpolitiker. Perhaps a developer can find this guy if he checks my id and the servers i logged on that day. Unfortunately i dont know the server name where it happend.

For me this way of cheating is exactly what destroys the atmosphere of that game. I am sure everybody of us has ben killed for many time – from in front, from the back or what ever -> thats dayz, but that kind of guys r a NO GO!

If this isnt the right forum to report hat guy it would be nice if u can give me the right adress…

kommunalpolitiker

Merging

Since I read complaints about cheating on experimental servers all the time: I advise everyone to only play on BE-enabled experimental servers. It's a fact that most private hacks aren't detected by VAC very often, so if you want best protection you should make sure you only play on BE-enabled servers.

Edited by BEdev-Sable

No I said imagine the rep you'd get by allowing people to hack in your game. Meaning people like game reviewers making reviews like "They let people hack in their game, was this a joke game? 1/10." Did you read my statement incorrectly?

Obviously if any company were allowing people to hack or moreover and closer to my point any anti hacking company's were allowing people to hack so they get repeat business then they certainly would not be announcing it to anyone, that's just a given i did not even take into account that any of these companies would publicly announce it.

That's a horrible way. Why waste servers, time and give the cheaters a way to still play the game? Just ban the retards and make them spend their cash on buying the game over and over again.

Does not solve the problem of cheating though does it. I think it is clear now that a monetary penalty alone is not going to solve the problem, would you disagree ??

Does not solve the problem of cheating though does it. I think it is clear now that a monetary penalty alone is not going to solve the problem, would you disagree ??

Neither will putting them in a cheater pool. But a secured engine and a good anti-cheat will get rid of most cheaters...

Explain how you would misconstrue that as sarcastic. It is completely true ??

Because the post is so stupid, it can only be sarcasm.

Edited by TSAndrey

Whats BE doing about this tho? Hackers are on the rise... Last jan and feb it was such a clean game.... Then the end of last month and this month... Its like were back in the mod... All we need now is for this hackers to teleport everyone to balota for a reunion. Hehe

What most people dont get is, hacking is a challenge itself... You have to break apart the game, study it, then break it... Like teleporting, a script is written to temporarily drop your internet traffic, slow and quick enough that client side and server side loses connection, imagine something like a server restart... Most people who write their own scripts then go on a kill spree are just admiring their handiwork... Like building your own car and driving it around town for everyone to admire.... :)

So has anyone realized steam and arma make more money if they allow hacks to work at all, so when wave ban happens, some of them buy new accounts.   Does no one else realize that steam and arma benefit by not preventing hacks in first place?

there's probably someone inside bohemia selling backdoors to the most famous hacking sites out there, so i dont think it's a advantage to any on them to stop cheating for good.

And there's a ton of people defending the game just cause it's alpha, there's no need to invest time on it, anyway.

Edited by lipemr

Obviously if any company were allowing people to hack or moreover and closer to my point any anti hacking company's were allowing people to hack so they get repeat business then they certainly would not be announcing it to anyone, that's just a given i did not even take into account that any of these companies would publicly announce it.

Okay, you're clearly not getting what I was saying, so I'm going to end this argument here, have a nice day.

Whats BE doing about this tho? Hackers are on the rise... Last jan and feb it was such a clean game.... Then the end of last month and this month... Its like were back in the mod... All we need now is for this hackers to teleport everyone to balota for a reunion. Hehe

This is no excuse or anything, but I noticed a massive increase in complaints right after the last major updates (mid-March) while the amount of hack users didn't really increase (rather the opposite actually, January was much worse compared to now). My theory is that there is some new desync issue that could possibly be the cause for many hack-like situations (teleporting, instant kills, etc.).

Again, this is no excuse, I'm just trying to find an explanation for this change in perception since the last stable updates were released. It's a fact that these days BE is more effective than ever (anyone with access to private hacks can verify that), so this whole situation is quite weird.

• Like 2

there's probably someone inside bohemia selling backdoors to the most famous hacking sites out there, so i dont think it's a advantage to any on them to stop cheating for good.

And there's a ton of people defending the game just cause it's alpha, there's no need to invest time on it, anyway.

Indeed and we make good money off this. Pfff, gullible gamers...
  • Like 3

Guys where do you report hackers/glitchers?

You can't, even if you have their name in game it is not their steam name and dayz does not currently have a userbase that it can track so you just can not report a hacker.

Indeed and we make good money off this. Pfff, gullible gamers...

I thought you would have been a gamer yourself considering the job you do. It would make complete sense for your company to NOT eliminate hacking completely the merry go round is good for both parties. If you can not see that and if you can not understand that without hacking there would be no need for you very profitable company then i think it is you who is the gullible one.

The only way i can see a business such as yours truly trying to eliminate hacking completely is if there was a bonus or a target set so if they did eliminate hacking completely they would receive x amount of money or something of greater value to the company then what they receive now. That is the only way i could see a business such as yours wanting to stop hacking completely otherwise why would you want to stop hacking, and please don't give me the reputation talk because that has been discussed to death.

Edited by anothercynicalbrit

I thought you would have been a gamer yourself considering the job you do. It would make complete sense for your company to NOT eliminate hacking completely the merry go round is good for both parties. If you can not see that and if you can not understand that without hacking there would be no need for you very profitable company then i think it is you who is the gullible one.

It's quite the opposite. If BE completely eliminated hacking it would be the best argument to use it everywhere and thereby make my company even more profitable. In fact that will always be BE's ultimate goal.

As an experienced gamer you should know that there is no such thing as an unhackable online game (poker excluded :P). The existence of hacks is like a natural law, it will always exist as long as there is code running on a client. It's pretty much impossible to take literally all power away from the client. Maybe this analogy helps: Think of DayZ (or any game) as a living organism, a big organism since it's quite popular. There will always be parasites, viruses, etc. attacking it, whether you like it or not. It's just how nature works. Yes, the organism itself can and should be strengthened (better internal architecture), but that doesn't mean there won't be anyone/anything attacking it. And that's where BE comes in. ;)

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 4

It's quite the opposite. If BE completely eliminated hacking it would be the best argument to use it everywhere and thereby make my company even more profitable. In fact that will always be BE's ultimate goal.

As an experienced gamer you should know that there is no such thing as an unhackable online game (poker excluded :P). The existence of hacks is like a natural law, it will always exist as long as there is code running on a client. It's pretty much impossible to take literally all power away from the client. Maybe this analogy helps: Think of DayZ (or any game) as a living organism, a big organism since it's quite popular. There will always be parasites, viruses, etc. attacking it, whether you like it or not. It's just how nature works. Yes, the organism itself can and should be strengthened (better internal architecture), but that doesn't mean there won't be anyone/anything attacking it. And that's where BE comes in. ;)

Ok Ok, you win this one.  :D

• Like 1

120 hours in and I've yet to encounter a hacker on a BE server. I found hackers in the experimental servers because there was no BattlEye protection, but all they could do is move loot from a nearby place and see all players. Nothing more as I've seen them die.

Shows you know jack shit about hackers. Hacks are almost exclusively hosted on forums (consisting of COMMUNITIES). People don't want to get banned so obviously people are going to flock to hacks that have been recently confirmed as undetected, which typically only happens on a forum.

The vast majority of hackers aren't going to piss $30 every week on a new account to play DayZ. Better to ban the majority of hackers rather than just a handful, right?

That's precisely what they already do.

No, there are most certainly dumb ideas, such as the idea that there are no dumb ideas.

That is true, I know "jack shit about hacking". But i know something, true forums are where the most recent and undetectable hacks are but thats not the main place these regular hacker kids get theirs, that we see in many games, in the mod and now in dayz. Thast just googling and youtubing those outdates hacks with all kinds of shit with them. Mod/arma2 dayz thats one way people got their keys stolen.

I agree in the end, the most effective way atm may be the wave banning. But if there is no instaban thats flawed concept also.

And I doubt there is, as as long as I have been around the only talk has been about wave bans regarding BE (we have BE guy here, can you confirm the instabans?) And far as I know VAC doesnt do it neighter.

So this leaves week of free hacking even with old ones and one just need a new key, after hacks is detectable it takes week to get new build of that as they have to wait for the ban wave. This is where the instabanning comes flawed, as they can verify their hacks detectability faster. But also Antihacks can get to it faster, so...

This process might be costly to the hacking party as they loose few keys while verifying the hacks undetectability, in both cases.

Doesnt matter the system its going in circles untill hackers have used all the loopholes to hack through, and that may be achieved faster through instabanning. Also developers get info about the game structure faster where to patch it.

Also there might be "stupid" ideas. That may be because of ignorance or such but same goes with answers

I dont know which is worse, ignorant idea or arrogant and hostile reply.

What? Banning in waves is the same as instabanning people. They STILL have to buy a new copy and they're still caught. They don't get a "extra" day with ban waves.

With only wave banning, see above. Week of free hacking.

But if there really is instaban for older hack builds, its all good. If not.. its bad.

ps. Haven countered hacker neighter.

Edited by Zeppa

I dont really understand why BE uses this ban wave method, you basically let cheaters do all the damage they can do for like, 2~4 weeks, then ban them.

They just need to buy a new stolen key that a lot of people sell on their vip sessions on the cheat forums for like 4~6 bucks, and they're good to go for another month of screwing people's experience.

With instabanning you dont let them do the damage in the first place, and if they bypass your system, you have more time to detect and correct your flaws.

i dunno man, maybe i'm just bitter with anti hacking companies (been through some games where the anti hack company had for sure a connection with the cheating sites), but it all sounds cheesy as hell to me.

I dont really understand why BE uses this ban wave method, you basically let cheaters do all the damage they can do for like, 2~4 weeks, then ban them.

I doubt the silent ban ever goes on for longer than a week. And in the end, banning in waves is much more effective, except for public hacks.

This is how long it usually takes in VAC's case (if those private hacks are even detected, which is not the case most of the time), which has nothing to do with BE. Bans usually follow within days (sometimes even just one day), not weeks. Old public hacks are banned almost instantly.

They just need to buy a new stolen key that a lot of people sell on their vip sessions on the cheat forums for like 4~6 bucks, and they're good to go for another month of screwing people's experience.

Not possible in Steamworks games.

With instabanning you dont let them do the damage in the first place, and if they bypass your system, you have more time to detect and correct your flaws.

i dunno man, maybe i'm just bitter with anti hacking companies (been through some games where the anti hack company had for sure a connection with the cheating sites), but it all sounds cheesy as hell to me.

I agree that the "stealthiness" argument is used too often as an excuse (especially in VAC's case). The goal should always be to maximize the overall impact on hacking.