RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

You cant replicate speed this guy was moving in the OP's video. He's speed hacking, desync doesnt work like that

It does when they think they see him in one spot that he was at 10 seconds ago and all of a sudden they are getting shot.  Hell I've desync'd so bad that i was running at a zombie to hack it down and I was getting hit by it. when it wasn't where I thought it was.

This.

Same for me, 300+ hours, and never saw one...it hits me too.

I have 114 hours and I've never seen a hacker either... I have seen many exploiters/cheaters, but no actual hacks. I think it's odd that so many people seem to run into "hackers" :/

• Like 2

Its never in the middle is it? 

Its either

Ive never seen one. 

Ive only seen one, once.

I see them more than my own face. 

there is no middle, you've either seen a hacker or you haven't; its simple.

Edited by IG Rage

It does when they think they see him in one spot that he was at 10 seconds ago and all of a sudden they are getting shot.  Hell I've desync'd so bad that i was running at a zombie to hack it down and I was getting hit by it. when it wasn't where I thought it was.

Look at the video. Came out of nowhere in front of two fully armed guys with just a small axe and then hacked one, made a huge half circle in two seconds and hacked another.

Desync doesnt just conveniently happen when you're in a crazed state and determined to hack to death fully geared up people with guns drawn out....Also time the reactions from one guy saying ohh and then see hacker make a circle around and then see OP call it out. Desync can't bend time, buddy

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 8

Look at the video. Came out of nowhere in front of two fully armed guys with just a small axe and then hacked one, made a huge half circle in two seconds and hacked another.

Desync doesnt just conveniently happen when you're in a crazed state and determined to hack to death fully geared up people with guns drawn out....Also time the reactions from one guy saying ohh and then see hacker make a circle around and then see OP call it out. Desync can't bend time, buddy

Buddy, they were already dead before that shit was happening.  That's the server catching up.  Christ.  Is it really this hard to grasp?

I've never understood why people are so hell bent on defending blatant cheaters.

• Like 1

I've never understood why people are so hell bent on defending blatant cheaters.

Stupidity or perhaps they're employed by Bohemia to say stupid shit

• Like 1

I see a lot of you guys saying that you have played this game for however long and haven't encountered a single hacker. However, you probably have been killed by them on more than one occasion and have just been unaware of it. The most common hack is ESP (Extra sensory perception) because it is also the hardest to detect. Basically, it lights up players, zombies, and items in nice colorful boxes from hundreds of meters away.

They can hunt you and kill you and to you it might seem like a totally legit kill, even though you didn't have a chance from the start. So just keep that in mind all you people saying, "I've never been killed by a hacker." Chances are you have been killed by a hacker. 40 pop servers will always have several of them.

• Like 9

77% of statistics are made up.

Also, I should post the video of my friend (with a super shitty laptop and wireless internet) who goes completely invisible quite frequently, I managed to get a few minute clip of him fucking shit up inside a house while completely invisible.

its actually 79%

check ur bullshit before posting :lol:

btw. every time somone sits in the OPEN at a construcktion site giving saline IV´s, instead of in a concealed position like a bush or a house, and complains about getting killed ...

a navy seal ( or enter any other spec ops ) dies of a heartattck !

Edited by Munson_fry

120 hours. Never encountered one on either reg or hc.

they're coming. their number is growing as we speak.

• Like 1

The next patch will (should, hopefully, please) clear up desync issues then we'll see what happens. I know when I play, and this only seems to happen to me, I get these lag spikes. Like I'm running along and then it'll micro pause me. It has so much of an effect that when sprinting with my fists up, my mates have to sprint with their rifles up so they don't overtake me. One time I'm eating sardines in the ATC, my mate sees me standing in the middle of the runway. Other times when we're running, I'll disappear on him then reappear but I don't think he's ever witnessed anything like in that video by the OP. My net connection is fine but I'm playing it on a laptop with acceptable framerates outside of cities (as in mouse movement is smooth enough to be playable) so I don't know if this is a factor.

When someone desyncs they do not appear to flash on and off the screen. Their movement is continual, either frozen in place, or continuing what they were doing, but no information is registering, eg, you shoot him repeatedly but he appears to not be effected. The guy in the video was clearly teleporting from position to position. It was a hack if I ever saw one.

• Like 2

OP was this video taken on Experimental or Stable branch and on what build version?

there will always be hackers in online games...its just inevitable. so calm the fuck down and remember its just a game.

i swear the intrigue of hacking wouldnt be so big if forums werent flooded with people complaining about haxors!

that being said im just hitting 70-75 hours on SA and have not see one hacker yet.

that is small fish compared to some of you without day jobs im sure, but still the majority has not seen haxors. so that boasts well for the server side junk.

• Like 4

they're coming. their number is growing as we speak.

And no say in a deep voice: We are doomed. Doooooooomed!

I don't say often that deebz is right, but in this one...he's right.

I have a theory and I'd like to ask this question:  When you've seen a cheater* have you been with a group, or solo?  I play mostly solo and in about 100 hours I haven't seen a cheater*.  Most of the videos of cheaters* that I've seen have involved groups.  So, do the cheaters* just go after groups to get bigger kicks?

*I'm not going to throw fake statistics around, but I'm willing to bet that most of the people using hacks are not actual hackers.  Downloading someone else's script/code and using it to cheat doesn't make you a hacker, it makes you a cheater.  To deebz1234's point above, I don't know why we keep feeding their egos by calling them hackers.  I'll step off my soapbox for now.

• Like 1

I have a theory and I'd like to ask this question:  When you've seen a cheater* have you been with a group, or solo?  I play mostly solo and in about 100 hours I haven't seen a cheater*.  Most of the videos of cheaters* that I've seen have involved groups.  So, do the cheaters* just go after groups to get bigger kicks?

*I'm not going to throw fake statistics around, but I'm willing to bet that most of the people using hacks are not actual hackers.  Downloading someone else's script/code and using it to cheat doesn't make you a hacker, it makes you a cheater.  To deebz1234's point above, I don't know why we keep feeding their egos by calling them hackers.  I'll step off my soapbox for now.

I was in your boots until the other day, this happened on Wednesday, Video of what I assume is the same hack in the thread. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180042-lag-or-hack/

its a hacker... hes to fast with an axe in hes hands ....

but this hacker is only the top of the iceberg , 80% of them are porting 50 meters next to you in a bush then engage u ... and u think ok that was a normal player.

To the people saying, people either see hackers everyday or none at all... maybe it is just that anytime you have seen one you just attributed it to desync or some other anomaly but it was actually hacking.  IMO, it is pretty easy to distinguish hacking from desync... don't know why it is so difficult for others.

Also, have you ever been killed and not known what actually killed you?  Can you still say you have never been killed by a hacker?

• Like 1

you should have edited the video to the last minute or so :P Yes, that guy was hacking.

120 hours. Never encountered one on either reg or hc.

120 hours? Get that to over 500 and we'll revisit this convo.

2emzvh1.jpg

Edited by Bennet
  • Like 5

i've encountered many cheaters ..only three running hacks though... none plays on my servers unless i play on my own or with trusted players ..every fucker is potentially cheating and too many has proven to be so far...

Edited by mssing

Firstly, i know there are hundreds of posts about hackers, and even more posts about people saying its desync, lag, buggy game, glitches.

I've encountered hackers at least once a day in the last week, but haven't really caught most of them on video, Tonight i managed to record a hacker after a fire fight in berezino and well i guess the video speaks for itself.

I have found the exact same thing as the op, i have encountered at least one hacker every day for the last week as well and i thought i might have been crazy but the OP has just confirmed i am not the only one. To all those people who try and tell me it is desync and what not i know that is not true, i know the difference and i know that i have been being killed by hackers LOADS.

Anyway this issue really needs to be sorted as i uninstalled the game yesterday and will not be installing it again until it has a lot less hackers.

Arma 2.1 is what this game is at the moment and it was not meant to be that way.

• Like 1