RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I'm not asking for hacks, I'm not asking how to hack.

I just shot a guy twice with buckshot to the chest/head, and he lived to hatchet me to death.

I remember my Mosin once dropped a guy, didn't kill him, but dropped him literally and he got up. (Took two shots to kill him).

Doesn't the shotgun do this too?

My friend then went on to unload 30-40 rounds into that guy, but he didn't die either. (M4)

Is there a glitch in DayZ atm where this happens, or are these hackers? Could they be admin abusers?

I also found a 300 rd ammo box with 58 rounds in each slot, 5.56, in a hospital.

So what's the hacking situation like atm in SA? Yeah yeah alpha is alpha, I just want to know how bad the hacking is. When it was bad during the mod, I stopped playing for a few months till it got better.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

As far as the guy not dying it is more than likley a lag/server issue not so much a "Hack".

As for the 58 rounds of 556 in a ammo box thats simple, take a double Stagg mag (60 rounds) and empty that mag and you'll have a set of 60 5.56 rounds.

Admin's as of now have no powers to do anything other than kick people from their servers, we cannot "admin in" items.

• Like 6

It's definitely better than in the mod. I have yet to encounter a cheater, and I have 28 hours and play on high pop servers!

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 4

I wouldn't trust anything TSAndrey says, he's been shilling for this game since last January. The hacking in DayZ is exactly the same as it is in ArmA 2. I base this on the programs I have written for both games, and on what I've seen other people do as well.

• Like 4

When my friend shot that guy, the guy was charging straight ahead.

I haven't played Dayz:SA in like  2 weeks so I have no idea what's happened to the game since then.

• Like 1

I'm not asking for hacks, I'm not asking how to hack.

I just shot a guy twice with buckshot to the chest/head, and he lived to hatchet me to death.

I remember my Mosin once dropped a guy, didn't kill him, but dropped him literally and he got up. (Took two shots to kill him).

Doesn't the shotgun do this too?

My friend then went on to unload 30-40 rounds into that guy, but he didn't die either. (M4)

Is there a glitch in DayZ atm where this happens, or are these hackers? Could they be admin abusers?

I also found a 300 rd ammo box with 58 rounds in each slot, 5.56, in a hospital.

So what's the hacking situation like atm in SA? Yeah yeah alpha is alpha, I just want to know how bad the hacking is. When it was bad during the mod, I stopped playing for a few months till it got better.

There is a very common bug where a dead/unconscious person, often just spouting blood everywhere, will continue to move, lay/crouch/stand, switch weapons repeatedly, even run around. This is probably what you experienced. You/your friend shot someone gratuitously and he seemed not to die. While there are hackers and I'm not dismissing the possibility, in all likelihood it was just the aforementioned bug.

• Like 3

We are fresh after ban wave.

That mean little to no hacks for next 1-2 months.

• Like 1

The only hack I've run into so far is the teleporting hack. From what I've read, most people are themselves being teleported by hackers/badmins, but both times when I've seen it, the hacker teleported himself to me.

I'm on a server with literally one or two people on it I'm in the middle of nowhere (not Elektro, Cherno, airfields, roads, railways, etc.) so it's not server-hopping for loot. I don't see or hear the guy and I get shot in the back by an M4 and killed. A very frustrating way to die.

Hackers tend to stick to the lower pop servers. Be warned, and happy looting!

I have about 250 hours in the Standalone and I haven't seen one yet. They're out there, but obviously in numbers much, much smaller than the mod.

• Like 2

Completely false disinformation.

9 whole posts, huh?

Trust this guy.

LOL

Edited by Rōnin Rick
  • Like 4

Hacks (Although it's really just cheats, the people don't "HACK") will ALWAYS be in games. You can never prevent them, only slow them down.

• Like 3

Hacks (Although it's really just cheats, the people don't "HACK") will ALWAYS be in games. You can never prevent them, only slow them down.

What makes you think you can slow them down?

I personally have not seen any hacking against myself, or see hackers kill anyone else when I've witnessed killing from afar. Steam says I've played 55 hours.

I believe most problems described by the OP are a result of difficult/realistic game mechanics coupled with lag & rubber banding issues. If OPs friend was unloading 30-45 rounds at an enemy that sounds like spray and pray, which will not work with the already fairly inaccurate M4.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey

9 whole posts, huh?

Trust this guy.

LOL

What does post count have to do with anything. Theres atleast 4 hack sites providing cheats for this game within hours of a patch. Stop being retarded.

• Like 5

when you see little things that don't immediately make sense, like someone requiring 2 shots to go down, it probably has nothing to do with hacking

buckshot is currently requiring multiple body shots to kill, and I've seen people survive a mosin shot to the chest for at least a brief period of time

taking a ton of M4 shots is obviously more likely to be hacking, though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if your friend was just a really bad shot

I personally haven't seen anything that looked like hacking to me

Edited by noblue
  • Like 1

LOL Trust someone with a name that belittles a company for which provides and helps the making of this game....OK. Too many "blind" people nowadays or just basements trolls.

• Like 1

What does post count have to do with anything. Theres atleast 4 hack sites providing cheats for this game within hours of a patch. Stop being retarded.

Not only that but most of them have tutorials and guides on how to make your own, safe, programs. It's counter productive to believe there isn't a problem, and it's not just with DayZ. All FPS games suffer greatly from this problem, especially games "protected" by VAC.

• Like 1

Theres atleast 4 hack sites providing cheats for this game within hours of a patch. Stop being retarded.

Maybe 10000 hack sites out there.

I played 110 h and got not cheated.

You got cheated?

• Like 1

Hacking is much better than in the mod and much less than some say it is.Most issues are currently caused by desync.And hackers only control a very small area and not the whole map.

after clocking ~200 hours and hitting up the main attractions pretty often, i can safely say i've been hacked once (one that put my gun away and coming through the wall)

Most of the issues currently pertaining to hackers are desync issues commonly seen in the mod. Currently I have seen NO hackers in SA ! 200+ hours ! Much better then the mod, when in my first 2 hours I saw over 10 hackers.

Just recently saw my first hacker. Absolutely certain.

Some french guy killed someone with an M4 at close range. I watched this happen from about 200-250m away. Not sure what went down but the guy who got shot went down and I looked back up, the M4 french hacker looked in my direction and then started blipping towards me, about 50m at a time. Within seconds he was right in front of me, M4 in my face.

I got my hands up and he eventually left me alone with a ruined cola. I asked him about the hack but he didn't seem to speak much english. I didn't have bugger all, so i guess he didn't wanna waste the ammo.

I know it's a frustrating issue and it seems like there's a lot that could be done to resist it. However, you have to know it annoys the developers as well, and I'm sure they're doing everything they can to fight it without screwing up the game as it is.

• Like 2