Sign in to follow this  
Demoth

Mosin Compensator question

I have a Pristine Mosin with a Pristine long range scope. (Found it on a dead guy on the side of the road. Whaaaat?!) Anyway, thing shoots very nice.

However, I found a compensator for my small pe- I mean my Mosin, and it's condition is worn. Will that actually make my accuracy worse than if I just left it off? Does the condition of the compensator mean the accuracy boost will just be lower with each condition downgrade, or will it actually effect a pristine weapon?

it reduces recoil with a negative effect on accuracy, in worn condition it should be worse than in pristine

I get it gives less effect ad worn than pristine. I just don't want a worn compensator to negatively effect my pristine Mosin, as once I lose this Mosin for whatever reason, I'm predicting I won't see one for a long long time again.

it reduces recoil with a negative effect on accuracy, in worn condition it should be worse than in pristine

Are you sure a compensator redces accuracy on the mosin?

I ask becasue in reality a properly installed compensator will almost never reduce accuracy, the only exception being rare cases were it has a negative impact on barrel harmonics and with the mosin's full length stock that shoudln't be a factor at all.

Edited by Franchi

I've tested the compensator a bit on my mosin (PU scope, compensator, bipod, all pristine) and it reduces the recoil significantly, but doesn't seem to impact accuracy at all. Once I can get my hands on a long-range scope, I'll do some more testing.

The compensator ONLY reduces felt recoil, it has nothing to do with accuracy of the weapon itself(unless installed improperly). By reducing the felt recoil of the weapon it makes YOU a better shooter. i.e. you react less to the shot and you can keep on target better/fast.

• Like 1

Are you sure a compensator redces accuracy on the mosin?

I ask becasue in reality a properly installed compensator will almost never reduce accuracy, the only exception being rare cases were it has a negative impact on barrel harmonics and with the mosin's full length stock that shoudln't be a factor at all.

not sure no. But is's a game and a Supressor also reduces accuracy but it doesn't in real life i guess, just the bullet travels slower. I thought there is a balance feature for attachments like in battlefield

Im pretty sure the config files, have both the silencer and the compensator providing a slight increase to accuracy actually. And by that I mean the reduce the dispersion of the weapon similar to the magpul parts for an M4. A pristine mosin, while prone and with a bipod is already very accurate, so its probably not a big improvement, but I would think its a noticeable effect if your standing, but I haven't tested it yet.

I've used the compensator and to me it seems like it infact increased the accuracy of my rifle.

Before my shots where landing to the lower left of my aiming cross... after I've attached the compensator the shots nearly hit directly into the cross with only a slight deflection to the left.

Edit: I was shooting on a tree from about 800m distance, weapon was zeroed to 800m. The compensator was in pristine condition.

I could not notice any difference in close range whatsoever, which could be based on the already low dispersion of the mosin... which only plays a role on huge distances.

Edited by YassirX

I have a Pristine Mosin with a Pristine long range scope. (Found it on a dead guy on the side of the road. Whaaaat?!) Anyway, thing shoots very nice.

However, I found a compensator for my small pe- I mean my Mosin, and it's condition is worn. Will that actually make my accuracy worse than if I just left it off? Does the condition of the compensator mean the accuracy boost will just be lower with each condition downgrade, or will it actually effect a pristine weapon?

Did you happen to find this body by the rocks near kamy?