25hz

Sad lack of content at present

Now I understand this is in alpha, and I'm fine with it - there are bound to be problems.  Too bad there is so little content available.  I say "available" because:

- due to everyone spawning in the same, apparently only 3 spots, new toons get KOS'd before even getting a chunk of wood to wing.  Back to spawn.

- playing along, slowly gathering supplies, server goes broken red link, re-select a new server (because the one I was on apparently doesn't exist anymore), and I am back to one of the 3 starting spawns with nothing again, sometimes not even a flashlight

- playing along, none of the hotkeys work, nothing can be selected, no network problem notifications, black screen, back to spawn with no gear

- click "Play" or "new server", takes forever to load, I come online as a newbie with no gear, one of the 3 spawns, zombies (multiples) are already attacking me and I go unconscious before I can even move.  Back to spawn.

- no sounds, no visible zombies, yet I spontaneously start bleeding, regardless where I am (building, road, field, etc) get the black screen of unconsciousness, back to spawn,

- spawn in, area has been picked clean because everyone spawns in the same spot, pick any one of the above problems as I go looking for some supplies, rinse repeat.

- server pings are livable in the 45 to 90ms range, click them to refresh - no problem, go in, broken red link, pings over 500ms, kicked out, inventory isn't saved, start over in one of the 3 areas

I have yet to see anything of the game outside about a 5 minute running range from Electro, Kamy or Berezino.  I'm thinking there Is nothing much outside that range, which is why the game glitches to hell and gone when I try going to an unexplored area.  ?

I'm fine with items spawning with 0% content already, with nothing but cleaning kit and spray can spawns, with visible items that can't be picked up, doors that indicate they can be opened but don't open, multiple zombies that spawn out of thin air in the wide open and zombies in the ground/floor that kill you without making a sound - the game still has bugs.  That's cool, I liked the Day Z mod, so I have high hopes for the SA.  Imagine if we could spawn ANYWHERE on the island, even the periphery is fine, instead of the same 3 spots in the SE.

My machine is a new custom build and has tons of horsepower, so it's not a hardware issue and I run absolutely nothing except either Vent or Mumble at the same time, and sometimes not even them.  I can d/l software and media at a steady 1.5 to 3mb/s so I doubt it's a network issue, unless somehow the network connection to any of the servers decides to make the bandwidth go to shit.  So, I look forward to when I can see some game content other than the three spawns.  ;(

We're here to test.  Not to have fun as if it were a released game.  If you didn't want to endure lack of content, bugginess, and other issues, why buy an alpha?

• Like 3

Now I understand this is in alpha...

No you really don't considering you just spewed bitchy vomit about the state of the build.

im-working-my-th-straight-christmas-and-

• Like 3

Its a bit temperamental at the moment, I'm assuming that it is something to do with the separation of hardcore and regular servers. 

I was restarted today then discovered my character was still around later---which was weird. One even placed me back to a character that I'd used quite a while ago.

Its a bit all over the place, but its quite nice to see the new items :)

due to everyone spawning in the same, apparently only 3 spots

Sorry, but calling bull**** on that. I've spawned in many, many different places.

- playing along, none of the hotkeys work, nothing can be selected, no network problem notifications, black screen, back to spawn with no gear

This happens with certain servers, just try another.

I'm fine with items spawning with 0% content already, with nothing but cleaning kit and spray can spawns, with visible items that can't be picked up, doors that indicate they can be opened but don't open, multiple zombies that spawn out of thin air in the wide open and zombies in the ground/floor that kill you without making a sound - the game still has bugs.

1. Play on empty servers, and head northwest. Staying in the main coastal towns will lead to starvation and bordem.

2. Some doors can't open because those areas haven't been completed yet.

3.Yeah the "wall zombies and "ninja zombies" are annoying, but just make sure to kill all zombies before you head inside a building. I always do.

Now I understand this is in alpha, and I'm fine with it - 

Um.... I don't think you really do or are...

• Like 2

am I the only one who enjoys this alpha? its like im back in high school with all the whining and drama again....

Game is almost unplayable atm. Hardcore servers certainly fcked coz every time u have to log off u gotta respawn all over again once u return to that hive. Its crazy

These are the tears I was waiting for during the hype train. People complaining about lack of features in an alpha.

Mmmmmmmmm.  Worth the wait....

• Like 1

We're here to test.  Not to have fun as if it were a released game.  If you didn't want to endure lack of content, bugginess, and other issues, why buy an alpha?

I'm here to test, like I said, no problem with that. I'd like to be able to test more areas than just the SE corner of the map.

Sorry, but calling bull**** on that. I've spawned in many, many different places.

This happens with certain servers, just try another.

1. Play on empty servers, and head northwest. Staying in the main coastal towns will lead to starvation and bordem.

2. Some doors can't open because those areas haven't been completed yet.

3.Yeah the "wall zombies and "ninja zombies" are annoying, but just make sure to kill all zombies before you head inside a building. I always do.

LOL, call bullshit all you want.  If I'd spawned, ever, in any other place than the three places I just mentioned, I would have said 4 or 5 or "X", not 3.  Upside?  I know exactly where the fountains are in those 3 areas.

I have tried multiple servers, all the same same version with 3pp/regular settings.  East coast to west coast, high pop, low pop, really makes little difference.  I'll get disconnected from the server, no reason/indication given, go back in, everything is gone, restart in the same one of 3 spots.

I kill the zombies when I see them and have a weapon (sometimes have to bare knuckle it out) but that doesn't help with zeds I can neither hear nor see.

I'm not referring to doors that don't open, I'm talking about the doors where the interact symbol comes up to open them, and yes, I'm aware that you can interact with doors on a lower floor even though you are on a higher one.  That's not what I'm talking about either.

If you cant manage to get off the beach you really suck at this game. I have never been killed in the spawn since I purchased the standalone a month ago.

When people say, "I know this is alpha, but..." everything after the ..."but" means that they really don't know it's alpha. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Um.... I don't think you really do or are...

I do and am.  Perhaps a little frustrated with the lack of ability to get any distance away and see more of the island, but I'd even be happy making it to Belota airfield (even though the tents are apparently busted now) but I have yet to get to Cherno.

Oh really? The alpha is lacking content? Who would've guessed that one. I'm glad you posted this.

• Like 1

I'm here to test, like I said, no problem with that. I'd like to be able to test more areas than just the SE corner of the map.

So move away from the SE corner of the map.  Before the hive issues I spent like 40 hours or so up north.  Wanna know the trick?  When you spawn, book it away from the coast.  Loot nothing.  Find a town that's inland and loot it and start your journey from there and you will go far I assure you.

Granted, at the current time you may wanna wait until they get this hive business sorted out but if you don't mind starting from scratch for a while, go for it now.

• Like 1

I do and am.  Perhaps a little frustrated with the lack of ability to get any distance away and see more of the island, but I'd even be happy making it to Belota airfield (even though the tents are apparently busted now) but I have yet to get to Cherno.

Lol you mentioned Balota airfield.  I know now what your issue is with this game.  You're *one of those* players.  Move along, nothing to see here folks.

• Like 1

I've only spawn at kamishovo since they messed with the spawn, nowhere else

These are the tears I was waiting for during the hype train. People complaining about lack of features in an alpha.

Mmmmmmmmm.  Worth the wait....

Well, it's part tongue in cheek, too, obviously.  I am sure there is content outside the small coastal spawn strip because there are lots of SA maps that show it, but as I said, I have yet to make it there to see it.  Eventually, I assume, it'll have at least the same geographical content as the mod.

No you really don't considering you just spewed bitchy vomit about the state of the build.

im-working-my-th-straight-christmas-and-

I am missing a "This is bullshit" somewhere in this post.

Oh and wait for more content,if you would know what alpha means this thread wouldn't exist. Look at the roadmap with the planned features, look up what alpha means,realize the current state of the game,wait 6 months,come back or stay away.

If you cant manage to get off the beach you really suck at this game. I have never been killed in the spawn since I purchased the standalone a month ago.

I've only been ganked twice at spawn on the coast of Electro, and that's part of the game.  Most reliable item spawns are the players.  I've been killed 3 or 4 times by spawning on top of one or more zombies though, sometimes visible/audible, sometimes not, sometimes I'm unconscious/dead before the map even loads, so I have no idea what killed me.  Maybe if I'm lucky, I won't spawn on top of a zombie so I can be as awesome as you, yeah?

Now I understand this is in alpha, and I'm fine with it 

Are you?

I have yet to see anything of the game outside about a 5 minute running range from Electro, Kamy or Berezino.  I'm thinking there Is nothing much outside that range, which is why the game glitches to hell and gone when I try going to an unexplored area?

False

The most recent update messed the servers up. I'm getting pretty impatient myself, but the game worked much better before. The lead developer himself said the game is only 20 percent complete, and you're surprised by a lack of content? Lack of content is what makes an alpha an alpha. 

Edited by Solopopo

So move away from the SE corner of the map.  Before the hive issues I spent like 40 hours or so up north.  Wanna know the trick?  When you spawn, book it away from the coast.  Loot nothing.  Find a town that's inland and loot it and start your journey from there and you will go far I assure you.

Granted, at the current time you may wanna wait until they get this hive business sorted out but if you don't mind starting from scratch for a while, go for it now.

That's what I do, grab the nearest fountain, fill up, make some rags from my shirt, and head away from the three spawn points.  Look for goodies along the way.

Chill bro... it's pre-alpha FFS. 

You gonna complain about all the bugs too?

Now I understand this is in alpha, and I'm fine with it - there are bound to be problems.  Too bad there is so little content available.  I say "available" because:

- due to everyone spawning in the same, apparently only 3 spots, new toons get KOS'd before even getting a chunk of wood to wing.  Back to spawn.

- playing along, slowly gathering supplies, server goes broken red link, re-select a new server (because the one I was on apparently doesn't exist anymore), and I am back to one of the 3 starting spawns with nothing again, sometimes not even a flashlight

- click "Play" or "new server", takes forever to load, I come online as a newbie with no gear, one of the 3 spawns, zombies (multiples) are already attacking me and I go unconscious before I can even move.  Back to spawn.

- no sounds, no visible zombies, yet I spontaneously start bleeding, regardless where I am (building, road, field, etc) get the black screen of unconsciousness, back to spawn,

- spawn in, area has been picked clean because everyone spawns in the same spot, pick any one of the above problems as I go looking for some supplies, rinse repeat.

- server pings are livable in the 45 to 90ms range, click them to refresh - no problem, go in, broken red link, pings over 500ms, kicked out, inventory isn't saved, start over in one of the 3 areas

I have yet to see anything of the game outside about a 5 minute running range from Electro, Kamy or Berezino.  I'm thinking there Is nothing much outside that range, which is why the game glitches to hell and gone when I try going to an unexplored area.  ?

I'm fine with items spawning with 0% content already, with nothing but cleaning kit and spray can spawns, with visible items that can't be picked up, doors that indicate they can be opened but don't open, multiple zombies that spawn out of thin air in the wide open and zombies in the ground/floor that kill you without making a sound - the game still has bugs.  That's cool, I liked the Day Z mod, so I have high hopes for the SA.  Imagine if we could spawn ANYWHERE on the island, even the periphery is fine, instead of the same 3 spots in the SE.

My machine is a new custom build and has tons of horsepower, so it's not a hardware issue and I run absolutely nothing except either Vent or Mumble at the same time, and sometimes not even them.  I can d/l software and media at a steady 1.5 to 3mb/s so I doubt it's a network issue, unless somehow the network connection to any of the servers decides to make the bandwidth go to shit.  So, I look forward to when I can see some game content other than the three spawns.  ;(

Yeah, none of that is lack of content. Those are called bugs/glitches.

// Sean Connery's voice //

"Welcome to the Alpha!"