commanderbash

what does the cleaning kit actually do?

I've used the cleaning kit a half dozen times but it didn't seem to do anything, is there a gun status like "dirty" that it removes? thanks in advance for the info.

I am assuming it will improve the condition of a weapon but time will tell as people test it. From what I have seen there is no "dirty" status in the game yet.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that a firearm will deteriorate over time if fired consistently without being cleaned. The cleaning kit would counteract this process.

I've heard people state that the cleaning kit is bugged when used in pristine-quality weapons though, instead reducing the weapon's quality over time.

For me, it made my Pristine M4A1 Worn.

Thanks, cleaning kit!

> :(

Maybe it can only improve a weapon to worn status, hence when you used it on a pristine weapon, it made it Worn? Also why you would try to use a cleaning kit on a pristine weapon, other than for testing purposes, is baffling.

Edited by weedmasta

Maybe it can only improve a weapon to worn status, hence when you used it on a pristine weapon, it made it Worn? Also why you would try to use a cleaning kit on a pristine weapon, other than for testing purposes, is baffling.

kinda like the new wine in an old wineskin deal.

Where the gun is the new wine and the cleaning kit is the old wineskin

I am assuming it will improve the condition of a weapon but time will tell as people test it. From what I have seen there is no "dirty" status in the game yet.

Hilarious. I have one of these and two weapons in 'pristine'. I guess I'll lug it around for a while but not use it yet...

testing purposes

Given that I found a bug, I would say it was worth the mouse-click. Even if the cleaning kit caps out at Worn, it sure as hell should not damage a weapon.

• Like 4

For me, it made my Pristine M4A1 Worn.

Thanks, cleaning kit!

> :(

Next time, don't clean it so hard!

> testing purposes

Given that I found a bug, I would say it was worth the mouse-click. Even if the cleaning kit caps out at Worn, it sure as hell should not damage a weapon.

So you are annoyed that you tested something. What?

I used it on pristine m4 and it became worn.

Cleaning kit, not oven once.

• Like 3

It does indeed turn pristine weapons into worn versions of them selves. For the sake of testing, I cleaned my whole inventory of weapons, I now have a FNX, Magnum, Shotgun, and a mosin in my hands, shiny and worn. x)

• Like 1

I don't know do bullets shot at a weapon damage the weapon? If so you could put a weapon on the ground, shoot at it till it is in a worse condition than worn and then try the cleaning kit. I gotta try this out.

Ruined items? You mean weapons. Well that would make sense since they are RUINED.

Edited by weedmasta

So from the new patch it seems everything weapon related hurts the overall weapon's operational ability xD

Spray paint the Mosin, get a 007 golden gun

Clean a pristine weapon, fuck it up lol xD

Oh alpha, you so silly!

• Like 3

I'll see if I can hit one of my guns with an axe maybe and damage it. Anyone done something like that already?

I think that maybe the cleaning kit is not working right, right now as made obvious above :rolleyes: . I want to say you have to use it on your gun once it gets to worn status and maybe it will maintain it at worn. I also think that since they added a light blue damp status effect on clothes under your pristine status, maybe they have a dirty effect for guns. Then once you have that status show you can use the cleaning kit and it wont make your gun worn. I dont know though these are just my thoughts on the matter.

So you are annoyed that you tested something. What?

No I believe he was replying to someone else that complained they even tried it.

I'll see if I can hit one of my guns with an axe maybe and damage it. Anyone done something like that already?

tried it. For some reason when i aim at the weapon on the ground the hit registers on the wall in front of me, or doesnt register at all