Funkmasterflex

New Stuff never found before and never mentioned in patch notes

.308 is essentially the same cartridge as the 7.62/54mm.

TIL ... and i have a mosin..... smacks face

• Like 1

.308 and 7.62 are the same. Metric System.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/%5Cfaqs%5CM14-FAQs%5C308.htm

.308 in regards to firearms most likley refers to the 308 winchester while it is the standard conversion of 7.62 it is an entirley diffrent cartrige.

The mosin fires the 7.62x54r  the SKS fires the 7.62x39 they al use bullets of the same size with diffrent brass.

308 win (7.62x51) rifles we might see

FN SCAR

AR-10

M60

M240

M39 EMR

M40

If we are getting .308 amunition my bet is on the M40, tho this is a video game and video games and gamers have a habit of getting everything related to firearms completley wrong.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 2

It's called M91 or 96 bayonet (?), not the spike bayonet for Mosin, that can be attached to the M4 or be used in the hand.

That's been in the Alpha since it came out.

.308 in regards to firearms most likley refers to the 308 winchester while it is the standard conversion of 7.62 it is an entirley diffrent cartrige.

The mosin fires the 7.62x54r  the SKS fires the 7.62x39 they al use bullets of the same size with diffrent brass.

308 win (7.62x51) rifles we might see

FN SCAR

AR-10

M60

M240

M39 EMR

M40

If we are getting .308 amunition my bet is on the M40, tho this is a video game and video games and gamers have a habit of getting everything related to firearms completley wrong.

So my Screenshots shows a _new_ type of ammo in the standalone, am I right?

Were suppressors fixed?

theyre not broken. its just that there is no subsonic ammunition in game. a tube doesnt magically make a bullet silent, you need bullets that fly slow so that they do not break the sound barrier creating a sonic boom. the suppressor itself hides flash and i think it minimizes the sound of the actual initial blast.. im not an expert but thats kind of right i think. XD

So my Screenshots shows a _new_ type of ammo in the standalone, am I right?

yeap, thats 308, didn't load the picture before, but why its labeled in cyrillic is beyond me

theyre not broken. its just that there is no subsonic ammunition in game. a tube doesnt magically make a bullet silent, you need bullets that fly slow so that they do not break the sound barrier creating a sonic boom. the suppressor itself hides flash and i think it minimizes the sound of the actual initial blast.. im not an expert but thats kind of right i think. XD

Correct to a point, normal ammunition will still produce a cracking sound like a whip, but nothing like the full throated boom of an un-silenced weapon.

A properly built silencer traps most of the explosive gasses from the shell, that is what makes the boom sound, but the crack is made like you say bullets breaking the sound beerier.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

The only measurable difference between a .308 and 7.62 x 51 mm are a slight variation in bullet length, and the .308 has a little more power (62,000 psi, as compared to the 7.62's 50,000 psi). Otherwise they are basically interchangeable. Some people say it's dangerous to put .308 in a rifle designed for 7.62x51, but I'd say that's mostly just hypothetical bunk. I've seen people do more dangerous things, like firing 9mm out of a .40 cal pistol.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

WHERE DO THE muzzle compensators for Mosin spawn in this new patch?

I got one by memory it was in the same type of locations as the PSU scope... don't hold me to that though i didn't have a mosin at the time so wasn't paying to much attention just grabbed it and moved on!

A suppressor will make locating the source of the shot nearly impossible though the sound of the bullet passing you would still be pretty obvious.  They are still fairly loud to shoot...  I have an M4-2000, and its still fairly loud to the shooter, but at any distance the sound is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced. 

on new test version had a weird error message that told me about another new item "military beret nz"

2014-01-23_00001_zpsa9ede95e.jpg

It's called M91 or 96 bayonet (?), not the spike bayonet for Mosin, that can be attached to the M4 or be used in the hand.

You can have all my beans for that name...

See you in Balota!

.308 is essentially the same cartridge as the 7.62/54mm.

No, its not.  What you mean to say is .308 (inches btw) is essentially the same is 7.62 mm.  This first number is the diameter of the cartridge.  The second number which you bring up is the length of the cartridge.  There are lots of 7.62 diameter cartridges but the length varies and as such powder loaded into said cartridge will be different.  The mosin shoots 54 R ammo.  The R stands for Rimmed as in the rim of the cartridge is rimmed.  Only a few guns shoot this round, the mosin and dragunov.  A previous post list firearms that chamber 7.62x51 which is commonly referred to as a .308

• Like 1

There are new boots and shoes too. I was sporting some grey and hot pink gofasts for a while, very fabulous.

• Like 3

Things Ive seen so far which I havent seen anything on:

New beret hats

New drinks that look like sprite/pepsi

Gun cleaning kit

• Like 1

Things Ive seen so far which I havent seen anything on:

New beret hats

New drinks that look like sprite/pepsi

Gun cleaning kit

can you pls share if on the stable branch or on the experimental branch? thanks!

can you pls share if on the stable branch or on the experimental branch? thanks!

I believe it was stable, thats what it keeps saying up top when i log into a game..

There are new boots and shoes too. I was sporting some grey and hot pink gofasts for a while, very fabulous.

Gofasts......thank you for snapping me back to boot camp.......

I hope they keep up the unannounced surprise items. Its fun to find something new in a game like this.

• Like 2