Funkmasterflex

New Stuff never found before and never mentioned in patch notes

So i just went onto the experimental serves and found some stuff which isnt mentionend in the patch notes, suppressors and flashlights for the fnx pistol, and a combat knife. FUNKY!

• Like 3

I'm sure there are some stealth things implemented into the patch. That's a good thing though because it's nice to have at least some surprises.  ;)

Were suppressors fixed?

nah you can tyake them on and off

• Like 1

nah you can tyake them on and off

I think he means do they work properly now. The suppressors at least pre-patch didn't affect the weapon, you could see the suppressor on the gun and that was all.

Though judging by your posts in other threads, you may know this and be being sarcastic...

Edited by Rōnin Rick
  • Like 3

I found this, hadn't seen one before, so not sure if this is new or I just never seen one before.

3yap.jpg

Also to note, loot is spawning properly in white barns.  ;)

One other thing, the moon now has phases, quite stunning to see the crescent moon at night.

Edited by Phantasm
  • Like 18

Glad some new goodies are popping up on the test servers that weren't mentioned already. I like me some surprises.

I found this, hadn't seen one before, so not sure if this is new or I just never seen one before.

3yap.jpg

Also to note, loot is spawning properly in white barns.  ;)

One other thing, the moon now has phases, quite stunning to see the crescent moon at night.

Holy fat Jay Sus I want that so hard.

• Like 3

I've found a frying pan! Can't make to make some pancakes!

I just want to beat up zombies with it I hope it can be used as a melee weapon I'm going to go around hitting everything saying "Not the MaMa!"
  • Like 3

Well done, Devs. This is something I really like to see, and it will make sure that players are going to stay longer, because no one knows if they actually found everything or not. 

Cant wait to find 2 frying pans and make 2 bambies fight to death with them in their underwear.

• Like 1

Well, imagine the lenght of the changelog if EVERY LITTLE THING had to be written down, it would be a 10 page changelog, in every single patch.
I dont blame them for not having either time or resources to write it all down, in a public forum tbh.

It was to be expected really :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Well, imagine the lenght of the changelog if EVERY LITTLE THING had to be written down, it would be a 10 page changelog, in every single patch.

I dont blame them for not having either time or resources to write it all down, in a public forum tbh.

It was to be expected really :)

Well they have a tracker for that (at least I hope they do), so they could just copy paste it. 

I think given the popularity of the game they should hire an official community manager. Who gives daily updates. 

Edited by phoboss
  • Like 2

I posted this in another post about the rumored burlap sack backpack thought i'd drop it in here too seeing it's relevant ;)

[CONFIRMED]

Burlap Sack + Rope = Improvised Courier Bag (12 slot)

2014-01-22_00007_zps78e8d10b.jpg

2014-01-22_00006_zps2af1b7a8.jpg

Edit: screenshot of it on the ground

2014-01-22_00010_zpsd18335b0.jpg

• Like 15

Beans for the compensator, and barn info.

stealing your spaghetti for saying the SKS is in game, it's ready but not in this patch, something to look forward too!!

edit: played a little this morning but beans for any screen shots (good ones I don't wanna see your romantic sunset on the experimental server)

Edited by Window Licker

Well they have a tracker for that (at least I hope they do), so they could just copy paste it. 

I think given the popularity of the game they should hire an official community manager. Who gives daily updates. 

And pay someone to sit there and do nothing but update the public of what they are doing?

Naah, thats not really a policy most companies use, 90% of all game developers do it like this and only mention important stuff in the changelog.

Ofc they have a FULL log, locally, but we will never see it. 

Its simple business tactics really.

I posted this in another post about the rumored burlap sack backpack thought i'd drop it in here too seeing it's relevant ;)

[CONFIRMED]

Burlap Sack + Rope = Improvised Courier Bag (12 slot)

[...]

That explains the decrease of backpack spawns. I like it. :D

• Like 1

And pay someone to sit there and do nothing but update the public of what they are doing?

Naah, thats not really a policy most companies use, 90% of all game developers do it like this and only mention important stuff in the changelog.

Ofc they have a FULL log, locally, but we will never see it. 

Its simple business tactics really.

Not true. In fact it's the other way around. Most companies have a community manager. The thing you have to ask yourself is this. Do you want to pay one guy to do all the community work for you, OR do you want your developers and designers to talk to the community. Which would cost you a lot more. 

But anyway, it's just my personal opinion that a community manager could address a lot more questions the players have than what dean, matt and brian could. I mean Dean twittert yesterday that the patch could go live on the stable branch today. Of course everybody is wondering, is that still happening? But he might not have time to address those questions. Thats where a community manager would come in handy. 

Hell, I think people would do that job for free, if you gave them the proper communication channels. I know I would ;)

Edited by phoboss

Not true. In fact it's the other way around. Most companies have a community manager. The thing you have to ask yourself is this. Do you want to pay one guy to do all the community work for you, OR do you want your developers and designers to talk to the community. Which would cost you a lot more. 

But anyway, it's just my personal opinion that a community manager could address a lot more questions the players have than what dean, matt and brian could. 

Yes but most companies dont tell the public exactly what has been done in every single patch, they collect the most important changes and spit them out on a forum somewhere.

I didnt say they didnt have community managers, simply stated we will never get to know exactly what they have changed, every single time :)

Thats the reason we have mods and community managers and what not on the forums. They are activily talking with the devs from time to time.

Its extremly rare you see any of the devs/artists/modelers actually writtin on theese forums, like with almost every other game :)

But i have to say BI is actually one of the few companies, where the devs keep the community close, look at BI forums and Arma series, theres quite a few developers active on there.

Still, we will never ever get the entire changelog :)